Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best deal on a 5000 ?

+12
Flakmagnet
Jonathan Porter
goldtimer
Qld Sandy
paragold
llanbric
nero_design
24kt
Nugget Meister
Tributer
hotrockgarry
Jim Beam
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? - Page 3 Empty Be afraid.....be very very afraid!!! LOL , paranoia setting in PMSFL !!!!!

Post  24kt Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:34 am

Flakmagnet wrote:Oh no...I thought this forum was immune from 24kt's poison-postings.
Don't give too much thought to the hogwash-in-the-guise-of-reasonableness he splashes around indiscriminately,
it is highly toxic and not fit for human consumption Shocked.

If you want proof, watch for his response...

Flak

PMSFL Flakmagnet, now can you please verify where else have I splash indiscriminately???? " hogwash-in-the-guise-of-reasonableness he splashes around indiscriminately, " your quoted words ??? This is all new to me LOL???

If you want proof, watch for his response... now LOL or has the cat got your tongue.

Flak what other forum have I been splash indiscriminately ??? Once again seems someone knows me LOL ????

Cheers

Last edited by 24kt on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo's LOL Be afraid.....be very very afraid!!! LOL , paranoia setting in PMSFL !!!!!)
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? - Page 3 Empty Possible Litigation

Post  24kt Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:58 am

larry303 wrote:

I "can state with 100% certainty that Minelabs are not manufactured in Indonesia." Good answer Very Happy

Cheers

Last edited by 24kt on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : " bla bla bla .................. ")
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Best deal on a 5000 ?

Post  Kon61gold Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Cut the crap fellas and keep to the topic. No personal stuff!!

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? - Page 3 Empty not a vey positive prospect using http://au.alibaba.

Post  24kt Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:14 am

Jefgold wrote:Cut the crap fellas and keep to the topic. No personal stuff!!

Jeff

Hi Jefgold not a problem but sometimes i have to get defensive when abuse is thrown my way but point taken!!!

Ok seems not a vey positive prospect using http://au.alibaba.com as a source of minelabe detectors and not to mention their other products when well over 6 days and no response to any of my emails. One can understand they might be flooded with emails and takes time to process them all but if a world wide web company advertising heaverly on the internet can not respond to emials just makes you wonder will they come up with the goods at all.

Ok for all you guys that have bought Minelab GPX5000 metal detector's ?

Q1 - did you try and shop around for the best possible price ?

Q2 - what did you end up paying for a Minelab GPX5000 metal detector and were any goodies thrown in to sweeten the deal???

Q3 - Name of the seller ? if you prefer not to mention the sellers name just PM me the details and will remain unanimous unless you give me permission to list the vender???

Cheers

PS - Tell you a little story later on, the person in question has given me permission to tell his adventures when searching for Minelab GPX5000 metal detector here in Australia !!!
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:10 am

I support my local dealers and will continue to do so but.. I've read in this thread a couple of times about warrantees not being valid except in the country of origin.

If a machine is a genuine Minelab product and purchaced new from a recognised Minelab dealer no matter the country of origin, Minelab Australia will honour the warrantee.

Lately a few machines have been purchaced by forum members from a dealer in Dubai and Minelab Aust have confirmed the will honour the warrantee

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:26 pm

I have had my Eureka Gold Detector fixed under warranty through Treasure Enterprises and sent to Mine lab SA.
I did get a small note back with the detector saying the warranty run out 2 years earlier but it didn’t matter it was fix for free.
I will never complain about mine lab now.
Neale from Biloela Queensland

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Flakmagnet Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:28 am

From direct experience with Minelab USA, I would say without a doubt
Minelab has stepped up their Customer Service attitude.
I had a 4500 serviced for a problem in less than a week and a half
with no charge and an explaination was included of what was replaced.

fwiw,

Flak

Flakmagnet
Flakmagnet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? - Page 3 Empty EBAYCOMAU - Little brother GPX4500 - Minelab Australia will honour the warrantee

Post  24kt Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:41 am

I always look around for a bargain like we all do ?????? and ebay is one of the place o troll a lot on searching for certain items.

One always see Minelab metal detectors on there amongst many other brands. Came across this unit the little brother to the GPX5000

*** MINELAB GPX 4500 GOLD DETECTOR - MAY 2010 MODEL ***
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MINELAB-GPX-4500-GOLD-DETECTOR-MAY-2010-MODEL-/260689127578?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item3cb248689a

Already "Time left: 8d 15h (18 Nov, 201000:08:38 AEDST) Current bid: AU $3,601.00 [ 13 bids ) " amazing something rare as gold how the second-hand price retains its value, I bet David Watters isn't one of the 13 bidders LOL , wouldn't be enough profit margin for him.

One would assume who ever is the winning bidder on this GPX4500 this minelab metal detector will still carry a full term factory warrantee ?????

Hi shelby23, shelby23 your one of the lucky ones and then there are many good dealings with minelab and then there are many horror stories

Cheers
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:43 am

Jim Beam wrote:Hi all,

Any ideas where can I get the best price/deal on a new 5000?

Jimbo

Back to Jim Beam question, i havent seen any genuine replies.
So ill ask what did you pay for a 5000, if you feel keeping the suppliers name outa the thread for any reason by all meens.
The best price i have heard of is $6400 drive away in OZ that is, not interested in prices overseas but what we are paying here (or should i suggest being fleeced by ML here).
The above price is before the so called summer special ML are offering, so take away $105.
Regards
John

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? - Page 3 Empty remember a reward loyalty card/points system is always in favour of the seller LOL

Post  24kt Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:05 am

Hi

Had a very interesting conversation with a friend who is heavily involved in metal detecting as a hobby. I was informed that he and a acquaintance of his are about to purchase two Minelab GPX5000's metal detectors from GYMPIE QLD @ $6000 a piece plus freight of $100 to one address.

I sighted the quotation invoice he was emailed. Seems all above board and genuine. He also said the attitude and treatment by MD and BG and many other retail sellers was very appalling the way they treated him like a idiot over the telephone while negotiating a deal. The accusation and innuendoes that they let fly at him he was shocked.

My friend just joined a local Detecting & Prospecting Clubs in Victoria and was told that the club had a 10% discount apply to any purchases from Miners Den. To his amazement this 10% discount doesn't exist LOL.

Also the 10% club discount that Minesden had affiliated with a club link on their website wasn't worth the internet space it was advertised on with all these hidden rules and regulations associated with any purchases. Just remember a reward loyalty card/points system is always in favour of the seller LOL. The incentives to get back return business should be a two way traffic not a one way Highway to roll you always on full recommended prices on goods.

Maybe the Detecting & Prospecting Clubs should be made aware of the fine print LOL !!!!!

What would David Watters know about honesty and loyalty of return business LOL ? Just think out aloud " 10% of 6700 is 609.09 therefore 6700-609.09 = 6090.90 if my mathematics is correct LOL

But just goes to show GPX5000's can be purchased at a discounted price , so shop around.

cheers

Last edited by 24kt on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:27 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Delete 1 " What would David Watters know about honesty and loyalty of return business LOL"?)
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:17 pm

24kt...I see you posted at 8.00 am this morning...is that when you lay your morning turd and then walk away happy the only reminder being your whiff?.....why keep having a go at David Watters?.....I for one get great service there but I guess as with all things if you have a bad attitude like you then you will always have problems....
..just recently I took my Koss 80 headphones to Bendigo needing a whole new plug fitted.....Tech on site..fitted immediately...now works perfect...cost $20..I was more than happy to pay for the' local' service and I did not have to scrap the phones or have them sent away for a week....what on earth is your problem?..
Buy local,they will fix or arrange to fix local..so I for one keep going back....let me get this right again you are absolutely desperate to save yourself some of the dealers margin of what $300 or $400....dont buy a bloody 5000 mate if you cant afford to meet 'the current market'...its giving me and I'll bet the dealers the crapps.....you must be a real pain in the butt when you outlay for some real big deal like a new vehicle......if you cant afford a Mercedes...get yourself a Garrett Infinium they're in your price range.....deals can change by the day on all things in the universe if you wait..but give everyone a break and just go and do your shopping like any normal housewife....sheeeshh! No Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:21 pm

24kt
Haven't laught so hard in ages
Thank You
Neale From Biloela Queensland

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Best deal on a 5000 ? - Page 3 Empty keep it clean and tidy LOL

Post  24kt Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:32 pm

PMSFL larry303, I must admit i don't have the luxury and pleasure of waking up and posting at 2:17 pm , just keep it clean and tidy LOL

larry303 your one of many that are happy with David Watters service centres thats great we need to hear more of the good things about the guy and you voiced your opinion great.

As far as fit a plug end on your Koss 80 headphones i didn't know one had to be a qualified technician LOL

larry303 if your madly in love with DW marry the guy LOL otherwise i will have many things to say , it is well known fact everyone ( now Im generalizing LOL ) knows his dealings with the Sudanese people.

Q1 - larry303 can you please explain how do you know what the dealers profit margins ? " absolutely desperate to save yourself some of the dealers margin of what $300 or $400....dont buy a bloody 5000 mate if you cant afford to meet 'the current market'..."

Q2 - larry303 what did you pay for your GPX5000 now I'm taking a stab in the dark and assuming you have one ???

Cheers

Last edited by 24kt on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added Q1 and Q2 ?????)
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:30 pm

24 Carrot..You never suffer in silence do you?. bounce ....I know that the pointy end of the turd must be the end...so I know that the final $300 or $400 you are desperate to save yourself must lie within the dealers margin.... clown I dont know what their total margin is...do you ask at the Supermarket checkout every single item of profit margin before you decide to buy the bloody item.. confused....
I dont have a 5000 yet I have a 4000..I fail to see the relevance to your argument....however I'll take a wager I'll have a 5000 before you have a 7000!....dealers will always have a mark up to STAY in business and my Chinese Accountant always says...AHso nobody ever made a loss taking a profit.......the fact the prices are all the same you take as a conspiracy theory and I take it to mean they have a commodity you and others want so why take a dive on it........if one sells at near cost they supply the whole market..they go out of business and take everyone else with them...its business mate....so while you search the world for a 5000 with a rubber band inside....we can all get back to enjoying our hobby.....
I agree with one thing with you....you should always ,,always...be the one to start rumours mate,otherwise you'lll never know if they're true... affraid Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:14 pm

Ok we have had enough on this topic

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3