dougy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Little women  Empty Re: Little women

Post  nero_design on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:47 pm

For a moment I didn't realize this was a parody news site.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:12 am

not real keen on anything the greens have to say as I hunt shoot and fish if they had there way this whould be a no no,they make me Q25 Q41 Q41 Q41

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1001
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:02 am

The common threads that run through the majority of the Greens is one of ignorance and stupidity.....A pity really because a small number of them actually have a sane brain and might one day do some good for this country.....But I doubt it.
She says she has done her research. If that were true then she could not say or suggest what she has.

Maybe she could do some research into who's blood was spilt first in Australia..... long before Cook arrived here. The facts are there for anybody to discover.....Just do a bit of research.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2590
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  goldrat on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:09 am

This woman's statement is naive and shameful , I wish she didn't live in our great country . As for the party she represents " no comment "

Cheers
goldrat
goldrat
goldrat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2014-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:43 pm

I am not surprised, I always knew that greens are brain dead, what surprise me is that there is still people that vote for them.....
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:04 am

I thought this was BS too. But this seems to be real!! This woman actually ran for office uttering these asininities! wow. Be affraid people, democasy only really works if the people are smart enough to know up from down. Otherwise they will vote in Ronald McDonald so they can get free Big Macks. (Not us of couse) Embarassed

Last edited by Sparrowfart on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:40 pm

I've got a feeling now that this story could be bogus. But to be sure I am contacting this Green member Emmeline Chidley for her comments.
wombat Wink

Management

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:20 pm

I just got a message from a person that also contacted the Greens member Emmeline Chidley about the article. And this is the reply that person got. I've kept the name of the person who received the message blank.
wombat Wink

The message reads :-
This message is from Emmeline, it was her response to my message a few days ago...

Hey ..........., my phone has just started notifying me of a satirical article being shared with false statements in its content. I have never made any statements about the Eureka Flag. The page that created that article is a nonsensical local online publication that posts false articles. I have a great amount of respect for the Eureka flag and am completely aware of its significant history. Sorry that you believed otherwise, I will try and put a stop to article before more are offended by statements that I have never made.

Management

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:40 pm

Thanks Wombat, these things can get out of control pretty easily . cheers Smile
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 987
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:57 am

Well if that was Emmeline Chidley's reply Wombat, declaring the statements as false, statements that she herself never made & as she states, she is well aware of the significance of the Eureka Flag & holds it in great respect, now do who we believe?  We should not be so quick to point the finger about any written article, without absolute fact.
It's getting to the stage where it's hard to believe anything we read or hear these days, on or through social media, because of the great amount of either withheld information & or distortion/twisting of the facts, that constantly take place.

Cheers Kon.  Q11
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:14 am

Kon61gold wrote:Well if that was Emmeline Chidley's reply Wombat, declaring the statements as false, statements that she herself never made & as she states, she is well aware of the significance of the Eureka Flag & holds it in great respect, now do who we believe?  We should not be so quick to point the finger about any written article, without absolute fact.
It's getting to the stage where it's hard to believe anything we read or hear these days, on or through social media, because of the great amount of either withheld information & or distortion/twisting of the facts, that constantly take place.

Cheers Kon.  Q11

I agree Kon (and yours to Flyspecks). When you first read the report the first thing you think of is "that is typical of the Greens and how brain dead they really are". Knowing how the Greens don't like us prospector and want us out of the bush, this would be a good way to try and turn a lot of people against us who don't know the true story about the Eureka Flag and the Eureka stockade and it's important part it played in Australian history. I hope that Miss Chidley can do something about this for her sake, as the report reflects back on her and what she stands for.
wombat Wink

Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:02 am

Kon61gold wrote:Well if that was Emmeline Chidley's reply Wombat, declaring the statements as false, statements that she herself never made & as she states, she is well aware of the significance of the Eureka Flag & holds it in great respect, now do who we believe?  We should not be so quick to point the finger about any written article, without absolute fact.

Cheers Kon.  Q11

Totally agree Kon, the days of the hand shake sealing the deal are gone. Nothing but lies and deception. Remember when a photograph told the truth, even that has gone with photo shopping.
Fortunately we have spam protection from the multitudes of junk mail. ITunes, Bitcoin etc etc
Sold my boat months back because of constant thieves stealing my cray pots. 5 days later the front page news showing a photo of my ex boat on a trailer being confiscated by the Fisheries, the new owner caught stealing cray pots????

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2502
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:15 pm

Good on you Bill, I am somewhat relieved that the report is bogus. Had me worried. Very Happy
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  dougy on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:09 am

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/5219456/eureka-flag-ban-an-affront-to-democracy-union-members/

Australian Services Union delegate Tim Sullivan said the ban was not only of concern to people working in construction.

“Once they’ve hamstrung them, what’s next?” he said.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/ban-on-the-most-australian-symbol-of-them-all-an-outrage-20180205-h0tu14.html

Wombat wrote:I just got a message from a person that also contacted the Greens member Emmeline Chidley about the article. And this is the reply that person got. I've kept the name of the person who received the message blank.
wombat  Wink

The message reads :-
This message is from Emmeline, it was her response to my message a few days ago...

Hey ..........., my phone has just started notifying me of a satirical article being shared with false statements in its content. I have never made any statements about the Eureka Flag. The page that created that article is a nonsensical local online publication that posts false articles. I have a great amount of respect for the Eureka flag and am completely aware of its significant history. Sorry that you believed otherwise, I will try and put a stop to article before more are offended by statements that I have never made.
dougy
dougy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:55 am

A short history lesson and the true meaning about the Eureka Flag, our Flag. :- www.ausflag.com.au/eureka.asp

Eureka Flag

Little women  Eureka
Flag Adopted: No legal status, in use since 1854

The Eureka Flag is thought to have been designed by a Canadian gold miner by the name of "Lieutenant" Ross during the Eureka Stockade uprising in Ballarat, Victoria, in 1854.
According to Frank Cayley′s book Flag of Stars the flag′s five stars represent the Southern Cross and the white cross joining the stars represents unity in defiance. The blue background is believed to represent the blue shirts worn by many of the diggers, rather than represent the sky as is commonly thought.
The flag above is considered to be the Eureka Flag (a number of variants seem to have existed), as it is the design of the flag torn down at the stockade by Police Constable John King on the morning of the miners′ uprising - Sunday, 3 December 1854. The torn and tattered remains of this flag is kept at the Eureka Centre near where the battle was fought.
The "Eureka Stockade" uprising was essentially a short-lived revolt by gold miners against petty officialdom and harassment by a corrupt Police force, who would often ask miners to show their gold digging licences several times a day. The miners also objected to the high cost of the licences.
Led by Peter Lalor, who later became a respected Victorian MP and Minister, the Eureka uprising was a spectacular failure in a military sense. The revolt had its roots in the killing of a miner, James Scobie, by a publican. An inquest was held, but despite the evidence of miners, no conclusion was made about who was responsible. Instead, the miners who pressed for the arrest of the publican were taken into custody.
This sparked protests by the miners who held many public meetings, and sought to take the law into their own hands by seeking out the publican and burning down his hotel. When the culprits were arrested and imprisoned, the situation in the goldfields became explosive and expanded to cover general discontent with unequal laws and unequal rights.
The miners elected Lalor to lead them, and they built a stockade at the goldfields to defy the authorities. It was at this time the Eureka flag first appeared. Within a few days, a military force of about 300 men had assembled to attack the Stockade, and within 15 minutes of the commencement of the attack, had smashed the stockade and killed many of the rebels.

Today, the Eureka flag is often used as a symbol of rebellion against authority by people at the extreme left and the extreme right of the political spectrum in Australia. It has been used in marches by neo-Nazis on the one hand and draped over the coffins of deceased Communists on the other.

The PMAV is not happy that the Union Workers have hijacked the Eureka Flag and have put their stance and meaning to the flag and not the true meaning of what it represented back in 1853. They are calling it their flag now. I know it represents unity and to fight as one. But now our flag is more recognised as a union flag than a united flag designed and fought under by miners and free men back in 1853.
Don't get me wrong I'm not a union basher. I believe in unions and what they stand for. I have been a union rep on many a construction site and belonged to AMWU for most of my working life. But I wish they would use their own union flags and not the Eureka Flag to represent the union.

We have flown the Eureka Flag (our flag) at many a PMAV displays and events and I have heard people say we must be unionist or from the union as we were flying the union flag. They are starting to give the Eureka Flag the wrong meaning, history wise. and what it represents. What a lot of people don't know is that our present day Australian Flag was designed from the idea of the Eureka Flag. That is were the stars came from. The Southern Cross on our Australian Flag is the same Southern Cross that was on the Eureka Flag but with a slightly different slant on it.  
wombat  Wink

Management

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:46 am

It always annoys me when I see unions flying the Southern Cross. But not just the unions, I often see it being displayed in various ways by Bikie outlaw gangs, by green activists and others. Not much we can do about it but it still annoys me every time I see it. I have actually chatted some bikies about it and one I know will no longer use the Southern Cross now he knows its history.

Cheers, Jim

granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum