Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Demise Of Beach Detecting .

2 posters

Go down

The Demise  Of Beach  Detecting . Empty The Demise Of Beach Detecting .

Post  Minermike Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:41 pm

More and more people are using cards and not cash . As an older b***tard , I also use tap and go . A few years ago , I cleaned my car and kitchen out of loose coins, it came to over $80 . You would be lucky to find 50 cents these days . So , with less coins being used , it is going to get harder for the beach detecting . The only chance you will have is if the beach is washed away or picking up a bit of jewellery . I picked up a silver 3 pence on Dee Why beach about 4 weeks ago . 1950 it cleaned up well .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Demise  Of Beach  Detecting . Empty Re: The Demise Of Beach Detecting .

Post  adrian ss Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:38 pm

People have been loosing stuff on the beaches for a hell of a long time. I reckon it will be a while yet before the beaches are cleaned out.It is fine by me if everybody gives the game away. All the more for me. Very Happy
I hunt mainly for long lost deep items and there is plenty still to be found, especially out in the water.
Rings, watches, chains, bangles are waiting to be found by the person with a salt water deep seeker.
Most items I have found on South Coast beaches during the past two years have been  between 8 inches to 24 inches down in the wet sand.

My Dry sand recoveries have been mainly old deep coins and several rings that have been missed by other detectorists who seem to be missing the targets below 12 inches. True that I am not finding much in the way of recently lost coin. Not like the old days when 50 to 100 bucks in an 8 hour  day was doable.

Australia has a lot of beach line that attracts bazillions of people every year. I reckon my hobby is safe for a while yet:D
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down