Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When it rains it pours.

4 posters

Go down

When it rains it pours. Empty When it rains it pours.

Post  Axtyr Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:16 pm

G’day everyone.

Five weeks since my last detect and the cruise was very enjoyable. It had been too hot to get out until now so on Thursday I arrived at Talbot and took my gear out of the car and got ready. I went to pick up the detector and it looked a little different and I thought the new display cover was making it look strange. I checked it out and the screen was broken somehow. Thankfully it still worked but I couldn’t see anything on the screen.
When it rains it pours. IMG_4546_zpsrv7qtjhj

So out I ventured and managed to pick up 3 small pieces before I decided it was better that I return home.
The first piece was 0.11 gram.
When it rains it pours. IMG_4541_zps59axwk0v

The second was a tiny 0.05 gram.
When it rains it pours. IMG_4548_zpsfwknnkti

The third 0.1 gram.
When it rains it pours. IMG_4549_zpshaosfaa0

I had just developed a hernia the day before and the lump in my groin was now getting a bit larger. I reckon I had about 8 inches of intestines poking through. I got home and made a hasty appointment to see the doctor and after I have all my tests I assume I will undergo surgery so I probably won’t get out for about 2 months unless I can manage to put up with the discomfort for a few hours.

At least I didn’t go home empty handed and the display will shortly be back on its way to Minelab for repair.

They say things happen in threes and I also had to repair one of my camera lenses. I hope that's the last for this year of bad luck.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

When it rains it pours. Empty Re: When it rains it pours.

Post  GOLDGASM Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:17 pm

Hey ax, sorry to hear mate. that sounds like your under serious physical duress! all the best on a speedy recovery and no question you will get more when the zed returns with your strike rate. T06

Cheers GG
GOLDGASM
GOLDGASM
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:38 pm

When it rains it pours. Axter10

Hope the Zed recovers soon. Err... you too Very Happy

Cheers, Harry.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:35 am

All the best Ax, hope it's only minor.
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:17 am

It sounds like your having a bad trot mate. The only good thing seems to be the three small nuggets found. I have had 2 Hernia Opp's, and yer mate they do take about 6 to 8 weeks to heal. So it would be a good time to get your Z fixed. I wonder if ML will do it under warranty.???? Anyway mate I hope they don't take to long getting your Hernia done. In the mean time take it easy. They are very painful as you know.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down