Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minelab Go Find 60

Go down

Minelab Go Find 60 Empty Minelab Go Find 60

Post  adrian ss Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:20 pm

Have been reading reviews (mostly from overseas) re the Go Find 20, 40 and 60.
I do not believe that the 60 can be as bad as some of the reviews suggest, so I snapped one up Used for 190 AUD inc post and will find out for myself.
Should be interesting.

Yeah I know I said that the 2300 would be my last detector: Oh well, I guess metal detectors are to me as are Thai massages. I'm addicted to them. Very Happy Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Minelab Go Find 60 Empty Re: Minelab Go Find 60

Post  Guest Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:48 pm

I have the go find 20
I won it at a club outing..  (it may be coming out in one of the GG&T mag in the near future Very Happy )

Anyway, it feels like a toy.. i guess it is.. it is handy for finding stuff in the junky areas.
We were using it the other day, on soil,  market garden soil.. and it didn't run great, it was going off everywhere.
Yet when we used it at a van park in W.A it was showing us whats what..
It reckons a $2 coin is trash.. and A 50 coin is $ Laughing

I think it will be good for my grandson to use Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:49 pm

The Go Find 60 arrived today.
First impression was a bit average but will wait until I have been able to give it a  run in a variety of areas to get a good idea of the detectors capability.

Hi Jen.
The 60 did GB quite well (Sens at 3 bars) in my back yard with high EMI around but was unusable on the 4th bar....To noisy.
I think it has possibilities , so it will be interesting to see how it can perform at higher sens settings in a more emi quiet area.
The 60 has better response (in air) to small gold chain than my sdc2300. So if that can translate to good chain sensitivity at the beach then that would be a plus.
I notice that the auto gb will not lock on if emi is high and sensitivity is set too high. The detector will sound of continually.

08/11/16
Aussie coins:

5c activates the second icon
10c Ditto
20c activates the third icon
50c ditto
1 dollar activates the fourth icon
2 dollars = the third icon
These reading/indications can change depending on mineralisation.

Gold rings can show up across the entire disc range with small/light weight  rings activating the first icon and larger rings displaying all other icons.
Sil rings display mainly as the number 4 icon. but  can be any icon depending on the size and weight of the ring. Sil chains mainly activate the 4th icon but can be any icon and tone depending on the size and weight of the chain.

The detector feels a bit rickety and toylike but is probably tougher than it looks. It actually works quite well and achieves reasonable depth in quiet ground when max sensitivity can be used.

I think that with this detector as with any metal detector it is better to dig all signals if you do not want to miss good targets.

Last edited by adrian ss on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:03 am

Just back from a trial run with the Go Find 60 at one of my well hammered river picnic ground detecting spots.

The Go Find is better than antisipated in that I was able to use max sens and the ground tracking worked a treat with zero ground noise coming from the river rocks and sand. (The safari can not handle these rocks) in or out of the water.
     detection depth here was good to at least 12 inches (the deepest target that I dug this morning).
TID was unreliable with low and high tones coming from some targets. This was no surprise coz that is what most discriminators do when there is a bit of mineralisation about.

The detector surprised me a bit with the ability to see through these mineralised rocks even tho TID was a tad messed up.
     I have detected this area many times and there are targets signals here that I have never recovered coz they gave iron tones and were beneath rocky ground and I just couldn't be bothered digging up another bit of rust crap metal.

Anyway the GF 60 was giving a combined lo and high tone on one of these targets with the hi tone predominating so I went and got the pick and dug ut up after about three years lying in the ground from when I first recorded the signal with my Sov and also later with the safari, both of which gave a lo tone.

Okay so it wasn't a long lost gold sov but it was/is an old Aussie 50 cent coin.
So why did the Go Find give a combined Hi /Lo tone when everything else I have put over this target said Iron? Stuffed if I know but now I like the GF 60 and am keen to give it a run at the beach

The few items I found this morning with the 2007 50 cent  at the top.
The 20 cent at the bottom is 1967
Minelab Go Find 60 Rscn1810
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Jen58 wrote:I have the go find 20
I won it at a club outing..  (it may be coming out in one of the GG&T mag in the near future Very Happy )

Anyway, it feels like a toy.. i guess it is.. it is handy for finding stuff in the junky areas.
We were using it the other day, on soil,  market garden soil.. and it didn't run great, it was going off everywhere.
Yet when we used it at a van park in W.A it was showing us whats what..
It reckons a $2 coin is trash.. and A 50 coin is $ Laughing

I think it will be good for my grandson to use Twisted Evil

Hi Jen

The only diff between the 60 and the 20 from what I can see is that the 20 does not have Wi Fi. Only has two tones and can only notch out the left hand icon (Ferrous). The 20 has an 8 inch mono/ concentric loop while the 60 has a 10 inch mono / concentric loop. The 8 inch will not go quite as deep as the 10 inch on coins and rings.
The detecting/ ground penetrating  ability should be close to that of the  40 and the 60.
With only two tones it may group our two dollar coin as a trash tone and icon indication. You need to bench check the  indications for Aussie decimal coins.
     Our pre decimal sil and copper coin should display the far right icon and a high tone.
Maybe all the chatter you heard was from EMI??

I think these detectors are tuned to to indicate USA type sil/clad coins as high tone targets.

Last edited by adrian ss on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:42 pm

Thanks Adrian
Will give it a go..
At the moment my brother Has it.. he has found coins/trinkets on his property, just by using his eyes
He will most likely read this, and may try it..
It may have been bad emi..

Back to top Go down