Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makro Gold Racer

+4
Dingo
Narrawa
Steve Herschbach
gold bug sniper
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Makro Gold Racer - Page 2 Empty Re: Makro Gold Racer

Post  ivanll Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:51 am

Went out a few times to compare Gold Racer to Red Racer with the same size coils and search conditions, tests went as expected at least Gold Racer came with coil cover/skid plate so hopefully it will last more than 3 month before peeling or cracking the coil ears ..... anyhow I know who to contact if advise is needed on the matter.
Also got a new M@RS 12.5"x9.5" DD Tiger coil for the Red Racer to replace the original 2 coils that didn't last past warranty expiry date ..... what a difference a coil make  Exclamation  ..... but that's for me to enjoy, I paid for it .... at least the M@RS coil come with a 2 year written warranty and it to come complete with coil cover.

Makro Gold Racer - Page 2 P1108981_400

ivanll

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:20 pm

Thanks for your comparison reviews, I would be interested to see a comparison between the Gold Racer and Fisher Gold Bug 2 on grain size nuggets and half gram, gram size nuggets buried to edge of detection.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:24 pm

HI Ivanll.
Your comments re the coil problems appear to match what I have been reading on a couple of the U.S. forums. They have been cracking and letting moisture in which has been causing instability. Hopefully more recent coils will be improved .
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:22 pm

One can purchase a new coil over here but just because it's new don't mean you will get a later improved one.

U.S. have more customers and customer service to match!

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:58 pm

ivanll wrote:One can purchase a new coil over here but just because it's new don't mean you will get a later improved one.

And thats where you'll need to send it back should you get one of the older models that had problems.....or if it for whatever reason, develops a problem.
Australian customers get their repairs/replacements from Australian stock, thats in stock at all times....including any and all repairs.

The Australian distributor/repairer has also replaced and repaired units that were purchased from the dealer who has now closed shop...the same Australian distributor has also honored customers of said closed shop who did not receive goods paid for while that shop was trading.

Remember this while contemplating buying from overseas...you may get it cheaper to start with....but you pay the cost to send it back if the need arises.

Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:35 am

Narrawa wrote:
ivanll wrote:One can purchase a new coil over here but just because it's new don't mean you will get a later improved one.

And thats where you'll need to send it back should you get one of the older models that had problems.....or if it for whatever reason, develops a problem.
Australian customers get their repairs/replacements from Australian stock, thats in stock at all times....including any and all repairs.

The Australian distributor/repairer has also replaced and repaired units that were purchased from the dealer who has now closed shop...the same Australian distributor has also honored customers of said closed shop who did not receive goods paid for while that shop was trading.

Remember this while contemplating buying from overseas...you may get it cheaper to start with....but you pay the cost to send it back if the need arises.

Makro coil RC26 Purchased in Australia 13-04-15 Invoice SR1458. Old style brittle plastic, coil ears broke within 3 month, many forum reports on this happening, same coil that is loosing the peeling plastic on the bottom.
Makro coil RC13 Purchased in Australia 08-07-15 Invoice SR1934. Straight out of the box, coil ears spread so much the bolt is to short .... forcing it could break the plastic and if asking for advise would probably be told that the coil was not purchased like that (like said further up this thread).

Makro Gold Racer - Page 2 Project2_400_2

Can't comment on the purported service/repairs supposed to be available in Australia ....... I have never to date been the recipient of any.

I definitely steer clear of dealers proclaiming having STOCK without being able to immediately deliver across the counter.

My Gold Racer is out on loan to someone that like me want to know first hand  Exclamation  ....... so is one of my Red Racers ....... free service  Smile Wink

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:57 pm

Laughing

Last edited by UNCLE BOB on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:22 pm

Re: BREAKAGE ON MAKRO RACER COIL EARS
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 12:53 »

My replacement RC26 coil was delivered by DHL Express this morning (4 days Turkey - Australia) without any hassle or upset after politely contacting Cavit ARSLAN at Makro re. a slight coil mishap.

Their customer service and choice of courier delivery have proved to be both professional and first class.
https://2img.net/h/i191.photobucket.com/albums/z198/ivanll/P8038737_400.jpg

ivanll

Makro coil RC26 Purchased in Australia 13-04-15 Invoice SR1458. Old style brittle plastic, coil ears broke within 3 month, many forum reports on this happening, same coil that is loosing the peeling plastic on the bottom.
Yeah im a little confused....the original coil with the broken ear was replaced on the dates shown in your post....yet the same coil is peeling.?

Re: Makro Racer Outings!
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 17:17 »

Like the early coil bolts that was made of brittle plastic and could break, some coils were made of similar material a few of them got broken coil ears and some started to peel and flake after only a few months, at least mine did as can be seen.
It was not the use of the coils that caused the plastic to deteriorate, it only made it visible after a while and a few contacts with the ground.
Having a coil cover on would have shielded it but there was none included in the purchase beside it would not have changed/improved the mixture of the plastic or braking of coil ears.
Anyone beach hunting know that coil covers are a no-no as ingress of water and fine sand will give trouble and make it hard to get the coil cover off for cleaning and when attempting to do so often result in splitting the cover.
However had a coil cover been supplied it would have been sealed to the coil before beach use.
Like a new car Tyre with a puncture, one would get it fixed at a nearby repair facility, that is if one could find such a facility that were capable and willing...... when not, one will just have to fix it oneself........ which also saves one from an "Inquisition".
https://2img.net/h/i191.photobucket.com/albums/z198/ivanll/RC26%20coil.jpg

Now below you have a coil with a slight problem with a gap....very common with coils from all manufactures. You ask for advice, and advice was given, yet you chose not to carry out any of those simple fixes....yet chose not to purchase a skid plate for RC26 coil till its too late.?
Makro coil RC13 Purchased in Australia 08-07-15 Invoice SR1934. Straight out of the box, coil ears spread so much the bolt is to short .... forcing it could break the plastic and if asking for advise would probably be told that the coil was not purchased like that (like said further up this thread).
Ivan, the RC26 coil was certainly not purchased peeling off at the bottom like in the pics you posted. It did not come with a skid plate at the time of purchase, but you have the option to buy one....you chose not to obviously. Instead, you rally for a new coil....and got one of Makro themselves.
Obviously im missing something here.?

If the small coil was sent back to the place of purchase with a description of the fault...it would have been replaced, however...it was never sent back.
You instead placed it on a public forum asking for advice on how to fix it...advice was given...and you chose not to send it back..nor apply the many fixes given for such a common problem.?

Ivan....
Send the RC13 coil back to the place of purchase, and it will be replaced.....dont continue to use it till it falls apart, THAN ask for a replacement.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:01 pm

Funny that after 6 month there is suggestion I should spend postage on sending the RC13 coil back to place of purchase due to no fault of mine, when it is known that I already took care of the problem by making a new shaft/rubber and longer bolt. Evil or Very Mad

Makro Gold Racer - Page 2 RacerRC13Coil_600

Nokta also sent a new genuine Coil bolt and rubbers by DHL for the RC13, the exact same size as the one that was to short, I did not ask them to do so they just did, sadly  it was not an Australian dealer/distributor incentive or service.

http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=27203.0

I've had 2 genuine MAKRO coil replacements by Nokta and never made a claim to an Oz dealer/distributor, what was done was to ask advise x2 on how they would fix a peeling RC26 coil, both requests was swept aside for Nokta to look at, it was a test to see if the so touted Australian service/repair had any merit ..... judge for yourself the result can be seen in above posts.

I got 2 Red Racers and 8 coils, most obtained on eBay and paid for by PayPal because they have more safety.

Lets wait and see what changes there will be in 2016.  Laughing

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:45 am

There are lots of info and usual promo on above threads, for those interested.
Where to get it and who got stock, not always about price more like reliable service before and after a purchase.
As said before "support the independent dealer to the same level as he support you".

There have been some product reliability issues both here and over there especially with the early coils, but also with some later ones, so back to after sale service .... so far all mine have come from no one but direct from Nokta, so buying from eBay o/s have proved not to be a hassle .... and often freight is free.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?102,2261780
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?102,2259089

Soft plastic issues.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?102,2256778

Never the less I happen to like/use the Red Racer despite the premature coil failures and consequently hurdles of home repairs. Sad
The latest acquired M@rs coil have definitely been an improvement, so if the original supplied/replaced coils continue to fail they will be replaced "pronto"...... no M@rs dealers here so no one to support. Laughing

My latest Gold Racer acquisition with a supplied 10x5"DD coil is as said before out on loan likewise with a Red Racer, no need to catch me out on location to have a go.

Nokta/Makro Oz distributorship changed in 2015, was wondering if a repeat is on for 2016 Question

Adrian,
Gold Racer on a beach looses 1"- 1.1/4"  on a 5¢ coin, compared to a  Red Racer with same size coil. cheers sunny

Anyway time for some outings, participating in relaxing detecting/prospecting. flower

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:22 pm

I think most readers can read between the lines....its not after sales service you want. Laughing

Again........send the RC13 coil back before its stuffed, and i'll personally see to it that its replaced free of charge with a new one.

....................THE END
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:30 am

The abnormality on the RC19 coil purchased in Australia was as indicated before fully normalized/fixed soon after being obtained and before it was put to use.

Therefore there is no need to waste return postage, besides it is out on courtesy loan with a Red Racer, we call it ..... "Racer self drive"...... Promo with a Smile

If it does get "stuffed" as you put it then I'll just get a new one, I know where Not to get one from. Laughing

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:48 pm

Hmmm.I am beginning to think that I may purchase another Gold bug.
I have owned and used a lot of tectors and I have not had a failure. No headphone probs, no broken coils. no failed control boxes.....Except for two Chinese detectors that were faulty straight out of the box.
The detectors that I have at this moment range in age from 10 to 30 years and they all still work fine
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:59 am

Perhaps a change to a brand that don't leave You  Embarassed  and behind.   No   Laughing

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t23176-whites-waterproof-mxsport

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:22 am

My tectors are Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Minelab, Fisher and an Aussie made Pro Scan II .
Other brand detectors that I have owned all worked ok but fell by the wayside as a result of being a bit mediocre when compared to the well known makes.
The few Chinese made detectors were abysmal in performance, reliability and construction and the instruction manuals were pure unmitigated gibberish. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:54 am

Narrawa wrote:I think most readers can read between the lines....its not after sales service you want.  Laughing
Again........send the RC13 coil back before its stuffed, and i'll personally see to it that its replaced free of charge with a new one.
...................THE END

Reading between the lines is exactly what was done  Laughing  hence the reason not to send me crooked RC13 coil back for replacement or trust any service/repair announcement from same place.

As said before: "Nokta/Makro Oz distributorship changed in 2015, was wondering if a repeat is on for 2016  Question "  

Looks like both the Importer Nokta/Makro Australia and Central West have been eliminated from the Australian dealer list.  Exclamation

http://noktadetectors.com/australia-metal-detector-dealers.asp

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Reading between the lines is exactly what was done  Laughing  hence the reason not to send me crooked RC13 coil back for replacement or trust any service/repair announcement from same place.
Are you still going on.??

Ask Makro for a free coil....im not sending you another coil, till that one is returned.  

You paid for 1 coil...not 2. Rolling Eyes
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:31 am

\"Narrawa wrote:Are you still going on.??

Yes still using both Nokta and Makro detectors.

All my Makro coil mishaps have been taken well care off by self and by Makro Turkey even the RC13 and RC16 purchased from Central West.

Never even asked for a Makro replacement coil from you ........... Never will.

Wishfully Nokta/Makro will in time find/appoint an Importer/Dealer with integrity.  

My self paid for Gold Racer obtained from a trusted dealer in Turkey late 2015 have been to WA and back, some of the result can be seen elsewhere.

You want to test/know the ability of a new detector then don't wait and certainly don't ask those that just guess or think they know.

For result ....... You Do It Yourself.

Anyway it's a nice day,  Racer-2 will be available soon and I know just the place to get one from.

Since you are no longer on the Nokta/Makro dealer list, best wishes for what you are engaged with.

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  pinpointa Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Use the forum in this case with a personal message. affraid
pinpointa
pinpointa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:19 pm

A new Makro RC29 replacement coil sent from Nokta Turkey by DHL Wednesday 06 April 2016, Arrived Cairns Sunday 10 April, delivered Monday 11 April 2016.

Red Racer purchased from dealer in Turkey, replacement coil sent direct from Nokta Turkey without any questions or hostility.

Their integrity and service is second to none Exclamation

If ever Makro should make one of these in IB or PI for our Oz WA conditions, then my purchase order is ready.

Makro Gold Racer - Page 2 Oz%20Gold%20Sniper_6_500a

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Never even asked for a Makro replacement coil from you ........... Never will.
Thats because i dont give hand outs to people looking for a free ride after abusing the equipment..and wanting warranty. Razz

My self paid for Gold Racer obtained from a trusted dealer in Turkey late 2015 have been to WA and back, some of the result can be seen elsewhere.
You want to test/know the ability of a new detector then don't wait and certainly don't ask those that just guess or think they know.

For result ....... You Do It Yourself.
Do you have a link to your findings on WA soil.?

Makro Gold Racer - Page 2 P1270411
Nice detector, works well, kinda looks like something thats fallen off the Terminator dont you think.?
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Sat May 07, 2016 9:09 am

Received by Express Post yesterday a new GR19 coil complete with skid plate and bolt set without having to ask for it   Cool  and the shaft fits perfectly between the coil ears without first having to rectify a brand new faulty coil.  Evil or Very Mad

It so pays to pick the right supplier.  Very Happy

Makro Gold Racer - Page 2 P5069090_400

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  lewy Sat May 07, 2016 10:27 am

let us know how it handles in hot ground.been thinking a bigger coil will be good in the flatter country etc

lewy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post  lewy Sat May 07, 2016 10:36 am

let us know how it handles in hot ground.been thinking a bigger coil will be good in the flatter country etc

lewy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sat May 07, 2016 5:27 pm

Wow, thats a nice coil Ivan....however im sure you'll find something wrong with it soon enough...give our regards to your supplier. Very Happy

My GR19 works a treat on mineralized soil....however the RACER 2 is my new goto machine...just love it, yet, the Core relic has some fine features as well. Hard to chose really which one to use most of the time...ahh well!! Razz
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:50 am

Narrawa wrote:
Do you have a link to your findings on WA soil.?

Nice detector, works well, kinda looks like something thats fallen off the Terminator dont you think.?

I do, with pictures, videos and GPS locations  Smile ..... but it is only shared with friends and close group of trusted persons  Exclamation ..... you would know if you are one of them.

Got no idea of how this detector could be confused with something that have fallen off the Terminator  Question  ...... nevertheless it works well, in Qld also.  Very Happy

Makro Gold Racer - Page 2 P6309335_2_400..... cheers

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:35 pm

I shared my findings with the company, and Kellyco as well..and was finding gold with this detector while it was still a prototype.
Glad you like it tho....it means the testers were doing their jobs....including the guys i sent it to in north QLD for testing....you would know if you were one of them. Razz

The 10x5" concentric is a must have item on this detector....and the Gold Racer.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:33 pm

Narrawa wrote:I shared my findings with the company, and Kellyco as well..and was finding gold with this detector while it was still a prototype.  
Glad you like it tho....it means the testers were doing their jobs....including the guys i sent it to in north QLD for testing....you would know if you were one of them. Razz

The 10x5" concentric is a must have item on this detector....and the Gold Racer.

Au Gold Finder is a short on a few features that would have been easily identified/rectified had the Oz testers been of any standard worth consulting. Exclamation

The shape of a 10x5" coil eliminates it from being concentric, anyone with standard knowledge of the English language would know that. Rolling Eyes

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:45 pm

Au Gold Finder is a short on a few features that would have been easily identified/rectified had the Oz testers been of any standard worth consulting.
Let me educate you a little Ivan. The Oz tester along with the other testers world wide, obviously didnt think the earphone location was worthy of belittling themselves over. Given that there are endless makes/models that suffer the same thing....and worse problems.
When you take on things like testing....your not in it for your own personal gratification. You base your reports off things that matter to the overall operation of the device....nit picking it to bits leaves nothing for the manufacturer to build upon. Imagine the perfect device first time round.?....sounds great to the end user doesn't it.? However the manufacturer gos broke due to the fact there is nothing to build upon next time round. You cant build on perfection. Shocked
Now, since perfection isn't possible first time round....you end up with new and improved toys next time round.
The Au Gold finder....is the first of that model. Ta-Daaaaa!!! cheers
There isnt a make/model on the market Ivy, that is without fault....did you not pick up on this with all the models you collect.? Obviously not!.
Perhaps its time you really started using them, instead of collecting them.  Embarassed

The shape of a 10x5" coil eliminates it from being concentric, anyone with standard knowledge of the English language would know that.
And is one of the reasons ...your not a tester. A concentric coil can and is in the 10x5"coil housing. Most of us knew this back when Jezus was a boy.....but i guess your just finding this out now by a below std Oz consultant. Razz Laughing Laughing
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:49 am

Narrawa wrote:I shared my findings with the company, and Kellyco as well..and was finding gold with this detector while it was still a prototype.  

If the guys you said you sent it to in North QLD for testing would like to test a finished production unit, then I'll make it available to them through NQ Miners Den.

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next