Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not new but about me

4 posters

Go down

not new but about me Empty not new but about me

Post  Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:48 pm

While I'm not a new member, sometimes I'm off line for extended periods out prospecting or what ever. On returning many new members since join and may see a post of mine for the fist time and think "who the hell is this geezer?" In view of recent posts by me, I thought I best introduce myself to them.

Hi!
My name is Steve, I'm a full time prospector and detectorist (yes, I believe there is a difference) and I live in the gold fields of WA and have done so for the past 4 and a half years.

I'm opinionated. Some of my recent posts will show that. I also believe some opinions should be best kept to ones self, and I do with some of mine because believe it or not I do care about others feelings, and as much as I hate to admit it, I do care what people think about me.

I am loyal to my friends, and will stick up for them even to my own detriment. By that I mean, I may not always agree with them (and I'll tell them that) but I will support them no matter what.

I am just finishing my 50th lap of the sun and underneath my clothes I practice nudism. There is nothing more liberating than the feeling of walking around with nothing on underneath your clothes, especially with like minded people.

I have 2 gorgeous daughters who've given me 4 fantastic grandpups between them.
Their mother who passed away in 2008 was a lovely and very talented aboriginal lass who represented our country on the world stage in sport.
They all live in NSW and I miss them dearly every day.

I have friends of all different races and religions, and while I have opinions on religion, churches, God, and I have my own beliefs, I mainly keep them to myself and don't believe they should be aired on a gold prospecting forum.

I do however detest racism. I don't hate many things but if I was to list what I did hate, racism would be at number 2 behind kiddy fiddlers.
If I see racist comments on a forum, unfortunately I can not hold back a reply. Same with peoples shapes, sizes and handicaps. We all have our faults and flaws, I think we should try look on them as individual unique qualities and try to turn them into assets.

Midgets are fair game how ever. Every body should be allowed to own or poke fun at midgets. While my lovely Blue Heeler bitch "Elvis" who lives here with me could be trained to fetch the Sunday paper, training her to give me a sponge bath might be pushing it too far. I'm confident a midget could handle this.

As far as detectors go, my loyalty is to what works best here in Australia. Presently, it's Minelab.
As a wise and great prospector I know likes to say, "you have Minelab followed by daylight".

Yes I did work for a Minelab dealer, but this in no way influences my choice of machine. I was using Minelab's long before I came to work at a dealership. When you rely on a tool for your income, you have to use what gives you the greatest advantage. To do otherwise would be stupid.

Some gooses on another particular forum will try and have you believe that all Minelab dealers and employees words and opinions are lies and not to be trusted, fed to us to spread to the masses under the threat of eternal damnation at Armageddon. This is crap! I do however believe that Bruce Candy is the real Jehovah.

When I first went to work for a dealer I made it clear I could never lie and endorse a product I didn't have faith in and wouldn't use myself.  Not a problem!
I've been in that position before in other industries and it ended with my resignation.

I use Nugget Finder coils, not because I get them free or cheap, but because they work for me. I pay for them just like everyone else.
I've used Coiltek coils in the past. Another great product that also worked for me.

I use a massive CC Ezi dig pick, because I believe the pick should do the work for me, not for me to work the pick.

As I've said a few times, I'm not technical as regards to how a detector or coil works, so please don't expect any enlightenment from me in that respect.
I leave the technical crap up to the makers. I don't care how it works, just how to work it.

Not much else to add other than I'm a prospector for the life style it gives me. If I wanted riches I'd still be working.  
Too many people come over her expecting to go home with a bag full. Come for the experience not the gold and your rewards will be much grander.

Thanks for reading my crap.

p.s. Single and look like Brad Pitt

Last edited by madtuna on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

not new but about me Empty Re: not new but about me

Post  peterinaust Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Good post Steve. All the very best to you.

Cheers.

peterinaust
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:13 pm

T06  living the dream Steve ...living the dream Wink  more power to you mate, good talk!, I sense we have similar outlooks, not uncommon , as I see it most decent folks do, its pretty much live and let live for me most days but every now and then something gets under your skin,   V33 were all human, I say move on and enjoy  Very Happy .

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:27 pm

I'll drink to that Steve Q11
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:15 pm

madtuna wrote:
p.s. Single and look like Brad Pitt

Hey Steve, I agree, with the single, but look like Brad Pitt, Hmmm, not even on a good day, from a long distance. Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi Steve,
i always enjoy your posts and admire people who take a challenge and go and live the dream whatever that be.

Sure lifestyle is great when you love what you do.

I wish you all success.

Brad who?

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:15 pm

Thanks you lot!

Dave try squinting at me through the bottom of a beer bottle, there's an obvious resemblance!

As for living the dream? Not sure.

Living the dream would involve the short blonde one from the Dixie Chicks, assorted fruit and certain acts that will still get you arrested in every state except Tasmania.

Maybe one day. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Just found this post Steve.
4+ years out in the WA wilderness and still at it.
Gee time flies so quickly and before you know it
You're digging gold with a new detector.
Cheers and don't eat all the Emus out there mate lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Steve, i'd love to have a beer with you one day. Very Happy cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:26 pm

Thanks fellas!

Pete if you're ever out this way give me a yell. Very Happy

Back to top Go down