Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I Set up B&Z Booster for the GPX 5000

2 posters

Go down

How do I Set up B&Z Booster for the GPX 5000 Empty How do I Set up B&Z Booster for the GPX 5000

Post  tripip Sun May 17, 2015 3:27 pm

I have just purchased a new B&Z Booster for my new GPX 5000. The instructions for the B&Z are not really that clear. Can anyone help as to the best wayto set the settings on both items. I am using the 17x11" Nugget Finder, 16" Nugget Finder and 12x7" Nugget Finder. thanks

tripip
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

How do I Set up B&Z Booster for the GPX 5000 Empty Re: How do I Set up B&Z Booster for the GPX 5000

Post  Guest Sun May 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Here is some info from awhile back but it still works the same way today. https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t2567-settings-for-the-5000?highlight=settings+using+B+Z

JP has given permission to post this here.

Settings for supplied 11" Monoloop coil in noisy ground,

Front end cap switches,

GB; Fixed
Coil RX; DD or Mono
Soil; Enhance
Search Mode; General
Threshold 12 - 1 O'clock

Menu settings, (no particular order)

Gain; 11 to 13
Motion; Slow
Audio; Normal or Deep
Stabilizer; 10 to 8
Special; Fine Gold (to get Fine Gold working (more sensitive timing than Enhance) you need to select special on the front end cap under Soil Timings).
Tone; I use 63
Signal; I use 19
GB Speed; Medium (only has an impact after the forced GB which lasts 3 to 5 seconds after triggering the Quick Trak button)
Response; Normal

If using headphones,
Volume Limit; 12
Target Volume; 8

For inbuilt Booster/Speaker use,
Volume Limit; 10
Target Volume; 12

For B&Z Booster/Speaker combo,
Volume Limit; 10
Target Volume; 8

Hope this helps,

JP

PS Fine Gold, Enhance and Sens Smooth are what is know as a "Smooth Class" of timings, these three timings allow the use of a monoloop coil in heavily mineralised areas, Sens Smooth is the least sensitive to small targets of the three with Fine Gold being the most sensitive.

Back to top Go down

How do I Set up B&Z Booster for the GPX 5000 Empty Re: How do I Set up B&Z Booster for the GPX 5000

Post  Sharkbait Mon May 18, 2015 5:01 pm

G'day Tripip,
The settings that Davsgold posted are fine,but you can change one or two depending on the type of ground you're on.

For the setting on the booster itself,i turn the volume control round to between 4 and 5.. I find that having it any higher than this seems to cause excessive feedback noise through the speaker.

Hope this helps...Good luck cheers
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down