A little shy ! :)

Go down

A little shy ! :) Empty A little shy ! :)

Post  lucyevony on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi All

I am very new to the forums and Very new to Prospecting. I am reading a basic manual and practicing in my back yard at the moment lol

I am heading off to Creswick for 6 days soon with my panning gear and an el cheapo detector a family member gave me as a gift.

I am not expecting to find anything except lots of fun !!! If i did happen to get a bit of gold in that black silt in the bottom of my pan, thats a bonus.

And i am sure my detector will help me find lots of rubbish that i can take home lol.

I love camping, I love fishing and i hope I love prospecting ( which I'm sure i will).

A little about me. I am 51 yrs old, I'm a registered nurse. I have lived in Victoria all my life, but have traveled far and wide to all 7 continents ( yes that includes Antarctica Smile ). The Love of my life ( besides my partner lol ) is my little black n white maltese terrier x spaniel ( she is going to keep me company while i pan ( what a good girl ).

I have a partner who hates camping, thinks prospecting will be too hard and i'll get sick of it. He's in for a shock lol

Anyway, I am here to learn so I'll do a bit of reading. If anyone has any suggestions as to where a beginner should start reading, Let me know.

Thanks for Reading. Lucy

lucyevony
lucyevony
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-04-25

Back to top Go down

A little shy ! :) Empty Re: A little shy ! :)

Post  Aurumick on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:45 pm

Welcome to the forum Lucy.
Sounds like your onto a good positive start to your gold adventure,
Good luck & happy hunting.

Cheers Mick
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:12 pm

G'day Lucy,welcome to the forum.

As you might already be aware,there is a lot of information freely contributed & past down by many a knowledgeable member,through associated threads and sub threads/posts of this forum. Wherever you have any queries/questions regarding the search for the golden ointment,just ask and I'm sure your questions will be answered by someone here.
Prospecting for gold books by Douglas M.Stone,James Flett, R.Brough Smyth,are a wealth of knowledge,as are associated manuscripts/topographic maps by John Tully,John Barnham etc, will have you well on your way to gold localities,as well as a chance at finding gold.  

Cheers & Happy prospecting, Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4995
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:19 pm

Welcome to the forum Lucy

We hope to hear how your adventures with the detecting and panning goes. T06
Any questions you may have.. Fire away.

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:59 pm

Q31  to the forum Lucy.

As previous have said, there is a lot of info on the site which you can learn from. Start for example at the Goldfields section and go to Vic goldfields and type in Creswick in the search bar, and see if anyone has written anything about the places there, or go to the detectors section and see if anyone has given any pointers about your particular detector etc. If you can't find the info you seek anywhere, then start a new topic and ask away....

Good luck out there....
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:06 am

Welcome Lucy Very Happy Have fun out there. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1602
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:10 pm

Hi Lucy, welcome to the forum, lots of info here, just ask away and I am sure you will get some good advice, likewise we are always keen to hear of your opinions and adventures, sounds as if you may have had a few Wink , enjoy your time here Very Happy

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2400
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

A little shy ! :) Empty Thanks

Post  lucyevony on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome Smile

Thanks for the advice. I am reading up as much as i can before i head off