Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ Audio Signal ???

2 posters

Go down

GPZ Audio Signal ??? Empty GPZ Audio Signal ???

Post  Boggy Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi guys, long time reader but first post.

I've purchased a new Zed and have only had the chance to try it out briefly, great machine so far, couple of small pieces Smile

Anyway I was just watching an excellent video by JP -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4h-RgVNa58

This got me thinking, that I would struggle to hear THAT signal at all, at the start of the video. I suppose i've too many years of working around aircraft.

Everyone's hearing is slightly, or greatly different. Some have industrial deafness or different degrees or tinnitus or some other hearing disability and a lot of people - especially ladies have very sensitive hearing and would have no trouble picking up on that signal in the video.

My question is :-

Do you think that it would have been helpful if the Zed had some sort of visual feedback on the screen as well as the audio it comes with. As good as the machine is,do you think it could be even better with some sort of bar graph or sine wave visual cue on the screen to show what you should be hearing whilst detecting, as you swing back and forwards to show a repeatability of the signal. The CTX has visual cues, so why not the GPZ 7000.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Cheers Boggy

Boggy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-02-21

Back to top Go down

GPZ Audio Signal ??? Empty Re: GPZ Audio Signal ???

Post  spinna Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Welcome to the forum Boggy.

That was a very quiet response and it takes good ears and a good operator to pick up that slight variation.
I think that JP "bloke" has a future!!

Have you tried using the headphones directly connected to the control unit.
A bit easier to pick up variations for those of us who have lost a bit of hearing and you will still not be connected to the detector itself.

To your specific question then.
Being primarily (or solely) a gold seeking machine, I can see little benefit in having a visual feedback.
It will take us a while to get to know the ins and outs of this machine but experimentation with the settings and hours in the field will produce benefits that may surprise us.
Good luck with the new toy
Cheers   spinna

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

GPZ Audio Signal ??? Empty Re: GPZ Audio Signal ???

Post  Boggy Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Thanks Spinna

I've never tried headphones as I like to know what's going on around me, paranoid maybe.

I will, next time I'm out detecting.

It was just a thought.

Thanks for the reply

Boggy

Boggy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-02-21

Back to top Go down