Gold Hogs

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gold Hogs Empty Gold Hogs

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:09 am

Gday

I am always amazed when I see some of the comments made by prospectors about other prospectors, its funny you know that for most of us its a hobby that makes us mellow and down to earth, just enjoying the experience and going with the flow, getting gold is the icing on the cake but not the whole cake.

But for some it seems to become a sickness, I have seen these sorts in action before and the funny thing is there seems to be one in every area I have been to, they guard their turf with the determination of a bull terrier on steroids, and like a dog with a bone they want to growl at every passer by and would be bone thief.

Provided we are there legally then we all have the right as Australians to enjoy the country, whether you live in the city or in the goldfields you still have just as much right to be there, but for some reason there are those who think its their god given right to chase every new comer away, these relics of the past are usually at there worst when they are not even the owner of the lease or company representative, little no bodies that believe they have the right to say who can be there or not.

Many leaseholders and managers I have encountered over the years have been professional and straight forward and have explained their policies and the reasons that they dont allow people to prospect on their leases and it usually comes down to the same old thing, holes left open and rubbish everywhere, there are some people who do deserve the bums rush, but there are many more who are responsible and mature enough to do the right thing.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Gold Hogs Empty Re: Gold Hogs

Post  MS on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:32 am

Very true StayyerAu
Bulling tactic's have no place in the bush and whilst the vast majority of people involved in this hobby are a friendly bunch who do the right thing there are a few who have lost the ability to see reason and show respect for the rights of others, aggressive and bulling behavior has no place in society and it's interesting to note that these types not only just fail in this respect but life in general .
Cheers Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:48 am

since i have started detecting i have always refilled the holes and taken my rubbish home, but some other people just use it as a dump. if i see rubbish i pick it up and take it with me...these are the things that are going to make the bush get shut down from the public, the sooner some people see that hope they think twice about it. i'v met up with a person that has found a good wack of gold around st.arnaud and sturat mill, he asked how i was going with it as i always say no good.....he's going to take me out to a few spots that he's found gold, i was very surprised when he said that, not many people will take you to a spot where there been and found gold or just found a new spot. now i'm just hoping that this rain will steddy off so we can get out.

Back to top Go down

Gold Hogs Empty GOLD HOGS

Post  bushranger on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:55 am

For any of you that prospect around Meekathara there are a couple of nasty types both to the North and South
of town that go out of their way to intimidate you, I spoke to the mines dept. in meeka about one of them and while they know what is going on there is not much they can do.I had a tengrath map that showed that we were on open ground but when you are fronted by
an aggresive person who always has some hanger ons with him discretion is always best. He is bigger than my wife and myself combined.
Hopefully he will get his one day. Cheers Greg.

bushranger
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:01 am

bushranger wrote:For any of you that prospect around Meekathara there are a couple of nasty types both to the North and South
of town that go out of their way to intimidate you, I spoke to the mines dept. in meeka about one of them and while they know what is going on there is not much they can do.I had a tengrath map that showed that we were on open ground but when you are fronted by
an aggresive person who always has some hanger ons with him discretion is always best. He is bigger than my wife and myself combined.

Probably thinks hes some kind of goldgod or somptin' Gold Hogs Icon_twisted

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:05 pm

bushranger wrote:For any of you that prospect around Meekathara there are a couple of nasty types both to the North and South

Ahh, now I recall writing about these guys quite a while back and some clown here said "nothing like that ever happens to us". Well now, there's a few interesting and downright nasty folks out that way, including one known locally as "The Crazy German" (a nomadic sort of fringe-dweller who is a little further down to the South) who likes to drive a pick-axe through your equipment, your solar panels and vehicle's side panels when you're off detecting ...and another bunch (younger chaps on bikes) who fire potshots at cars parked legitimately on some of the claims out that way. I don't doubt that people (like the one you mentioned) litter the bottoms of many of the shafts out there after poor judgment and bad encounters. It's always a good idea to back off and get out of there if challenged, especially if you have family with you. Don't worry though, plenty of prospectors won't take it and will have the drop on him soon enough. Some scary stories from out that way, some of which have been reproduced on the forums by members who were there.

Stay Safe.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:02 pm

nero_design wrote:

Ahh, now I recall writing about these guys quite a while back and some clown here said "nothing like that ever happens to us". Well now, there's a few interesting and downright nasty folks out that way, including one known locally as "The Crazy German" (a nomadic sort of fringe-dweller who is a little further down to the South) who likes to drive a pick-axe through your equipment, your solar panels and vehicle's side panels when you're off detecting ...and another bunch (younger chaps on bikes) who fire potshots at cars parked legitimately on some of the claims out that way. I don't doubt that people (like the one you mentioned) litter the bottoms of many of the shafts out there after poor judgment and bad encounters. It's always a good idea to back off and get out of there if challenged, especially if you have family with you. Don't worry though, plenty of prospectors won't take it and will have the drop on him soon enough. Some scary stories from out that way, some of which have been reproduced on the forums by members who were there.

Stay Safe.
The only problem is with these ..... is that you don't know who or what they have on them....the problem i have is i don't give how big they are and i don't like people trying to stand over me, i realy lose my cool. but now i have a family i think about trying to calm down and walk away, as i use to just fly them....i just hate people who are big and think there all that, there most all talk. i always carry something on me as i think oneday someone will walk up behind me when i'm detecting and try to wack me across the back off the head....The best thing is your now telling people about it and telling them that there's people out there like this. stay safe
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:08 pm

nero_design wrote:

Stay Safe.

Nero, he is refering to Meekathara WA, your posts were refering to Sofala and Hill End and I was the “clown” who said nothing like that ever happens to us.

Why did I say that? Because nothing like that has ever happened to me in over 35 years of living in and or frequenting Hill End or Sofala. Nothing like that has ever happened to anyone I know either. This was also reflected in the comments of a number of forum members, some who have been going there longer than I.

From your posts anyone could have got the impression that the areas were lawless and over run by hillbillies, not to mention people being run over by the local copper and accosted and having thier vehicles ransacked by thugs from Hill End gold.

I can only relate the facts from my experiences, not from hearsay or a fanciful imagination.

I have nodoubt there are some unsavoury characters out there, but fortunately they are few and far between and for the main, they leave us detectorists alone and here in NSW we can enjoy our hobby safely without being accosted, shot at, run over, pick handled, panel beaten, unlawfully detained and searched or intimidated into leaving crown land.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:29 pm

madtuna wrote:
nero_design wrote:

Stay Safe.

Nero, he is refering to Meekathara WA, your posts were refering to Sofala and Hill End and I was the “clown” who said nothing like that ever happens to us.

Why did I say that? Because nothing like that has ever happened to me in over 35 years of living in and or frequenting Hill End or Sofala. Nothing like that has ever happened to anyone I know either. This was also reflected in the comments of a number of forum members, some who have been going there longer than I.

From your posts anyone could have got the impression that the areas were lawless and over run by hillbillies, not to mention people being run over by the local copper and accosted and having thier vehicles ransacked by thugs from Hill End gold.

I can only relate the facts from my experiences, not from hearsay or a fanciful imagination.

I have nodoubt there are some unsavoury characters out there, but fortunately they are few and far between and for the main, they leave us detectorists alone and here in NSW we can enjoy our hobby safely without being accosted, shot at, run over, pick handled, panel beaten, unlawfully detained and searched or intimidated into leaving crown land.
I'm the same but im in a little town that know's everyone (st.Arnaud victoria) and people are very good, if you run into someone at the bush they will rather chat and show ya what they have found...i'm glad that it's nothing like what happen to all these other people....it's a pitty that they get away with it tho that sucks

Back to top Go down

Gold Hogs Empty gold hogs

Post  fastgold on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:36 pm

hey stoppsy, you had better be carefull,especially if you find another few hundred of those coins. They might decide to migrate east,best wishes and keep finding them,luck mark

fastgold
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:51 pm

lol mark they wont to come down this way and start that stuff....now it's the school holidays we mite end up with a few just mite have to have a little back up sitting in the boot off the car lol. i don't mind finding coins but love to find the yellow stuff insted...we do get a lot off people come down this way but never ran into an people like this tho.

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design on Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:10 am

madtuna wrote:
Nero, he is refering to Meekathara WA, your posts were refering to Sofala and Hill End and I was the “clown” who said nothing like that ever happens to us (blah blah blah)....

I'm NOT referring to New South Wales, Peanut.

I was talking about WESTERN AUSTRALIA.

I believe my post about Hill End referred to campers being harassed with spotlights on the Turon and 4x4 Govt. vehicles posing a hazard for campers in tents at the last remaining Fossicking strip there... not to mention cars broken into on the Bridle Track (Hill End) and a guy with a touchy trigger finger by Nuggety Gully at the Burrendong Dam near Stuart Town.

Gold Hogs Original
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reno Chris on Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:45 am

And I thoght it was only us Yanks that were armed and dangerous out in the desert! Gold Hogs Icon_eek

My recollection is that a lot more of this happened back in the late 70s and early 80s when gold prices were high and interest in prospecting was intense.

The high gold prices are bringing the nutters and Kooks back out into the bush, both here in the states as well as over there in OZ.

There is a downside of $$$$ high dollar gold.
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:06 am

nero_design wrote:

Stay Safe.

Marco I have never heard of a crazy German around Meeka, there was a Polish guy there years ago who could have been considered crazy at times (he was with me but thats another story, may God rest his soul No ). There is one other guy on the Sandstone road who will dish it out at times but no one ever has a problem with him unless they are near his tenements (I think he stretches his boundaries a bit at times which can be a problem to people who think/know they are not on his ground), Arthur isn't German either but born in Australia (Wiluna or Cue from memory) from Serbian extraction. Not sure about up north anymore, especially since the Frenchmans patch took off, the only area to avoid in the old days was Ruby well and maybe some of the country around Holey Hill (Gooduns).

BTW there is no such thing as a "claim" in WA they are either EL's (Exploration licenses), PL's (Prospecting Licenses) or ML's (Mining Leases). You can quite legally access EL's so long as they have been granted for a period of 12 months and then by applying for a Section 20a, P's and M's you need permission from the lease holder; (if any of these are "pending" then you can consider them open ground). In WA you also need to make an attempt to contact the pastoralist who's grazing lease you will be on to access the property and of course hold a miners right which is for life (mine is anyway), logic would always tell you to leave gates as you found them, keep clear of watering points and don't drive on the bloody tracks when its wet unless in an emergency. Lastly become a member of APLA. sunny

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:52 am

We are much safer out in the goldfields than walking the streets of most major cities and suburbs these days.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:30 am

Gday

I am inclined to agree with Goldnomad about being safer in the bush than around the cities, apart from the odd Gold Hogs Icon_clown that starts to shoot up the place without bothering to see who else is there!, this has happened twice in the very same spot, easy solution dont camp there anymore, third time lucky and all Gold Hogs Icon_cyclops

The point I was trying to make with this thread is that I cant understand why there are some people that get the way they do over gold, some get worse than others and get downright dangerous, but I have also experienced milder forms of gold sickness, some people become sly and secretive, some people sulk when you get some gold and they dont, some people will circle around a spot you are working when they see you get something, and when you first arrive they are always first on the spot where you last found the gold leaving you to look elsewhere.

Anybody else experienced these traits from others?

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  fastgold on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:12 am

Good morning all. I thought johnathon was reasonably early but reno chris must definitely be chasing that morning glint of the good stuff on the surface,cheers,mark

fastgold
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  detector on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:27 am

Hi all back in the early days of metal detecting when whites 6000 s came out 1970s some time
i was having a bit of beep around whroo Vic when someone opened up on me with a22 semi auto
and scared the crap out of me i hit the deck real quick could not see who or where the shots were coming
from all i could see was the dust from where the bullets were hitting deciding it wasnt worth getting shot
i left as soon as the bullets stopped. Gold Hogs Affraid
detector
detector
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:29 am

stayyerAU wrote:
I am inclined to agree with Goldnomad about being safer in the bush than around the cities, apart from the odd Gold Hogs Icon_clown that starts to shoot up the place without bothering to see who else is there!, this has happened twice in the very same spot, easy solution dont camp there anymore, third time lucky and all Gold Hogs Icon_cyclops

Well, if you look at the webpages from the State Forrests, they claim that "assaults in the forrest are just as likely or common as in the cities" and it's worth noting that an assault in any remote bush location is going to be a whole lot less savory because you won't have anyone passing by who might intervene or assist you in the event that one occurs. This is why so many prospectors are armed. And don't think they aren't because a good half dozen or more on this forum have previously claimed that they were.

stayyerAU wrote:The point I was trying to make with this thread is
that I cant understand why there are some people that get the way they
do over gold, some get worse than others and get downright dangerous,
but I have also experienced milder forms of gold sickness, some people
become sly and secretive, some people sulk when you get some gold and
they dont, some people will circle around a spot you are working when
they see you get something, and when you first arrive they are always
first on the spot where you last found the gold leaving you to look
elsewhere.

Anybody else experienced these traits from others?

stayyer, I've seen exactly what you described and this just seems to be the nature of people. I note that some of the old issues of Gold Gem & Treasure magazine mentioned that many people consider the gold in the ground to be "theirs" and it seems to be a possessive thing. Retirees and those close to retirement have been said to hold a deep resentment against those younger who hold a modern metal detector and "steal their gold" from regions they themselves desire to explore. I know that I'm particularly careful when working in certain areas and I think we've all have people stop by to see what we're doing there... none of whom were supposed to be there. It's much more interesting when some of us have exclusive permission by a property owner to be someplace and then we come across someone else already poaching the region... or a stranger comes by and watches you. Some of the more persistent ones who are simply too lazy to do their own research will actually follow you through the bush. I recall someone complaining that they had followed this guy through the bush who often had three reasonably large jars of gold in his possession each time he came through the town there... they guy would stop every now and then to sit on a log and watch to see if anyone was following him. They eventually gave up but this was his land so why were these people bragging that they were pursuing him to find where he was getting the gold? It turned out they thought it was all good sport and they felt that they were entitled to it. Just another example of the same.

One of my associates worked with a mining company in Queensland to sample minerals for the company and he was regularly followed into the bush when he was in his 4x4 by people who wanted to see where he might be finding some of his gold. No idea if it was a rival company but they would creep their car long the bush behind him. He would stop in an open area and take a particularly long lunch break if this happened. He said they'd eventually come out from their parking spot on the track and roar past him before returning back the way they'd come or they'd slip into reverse and try to quietly idle back down the trail out of sight. The chap last week or so who told me about the many with a GPX and a mobile backhoe on his property was simply an example of illegal activity and bad behavior... but there are some who take it up a notch. My associate claimed to have been balied up on several occasions by people who didn't understand why he was there and it was only his Rottweiler dog that saved him on one occasion - and the fact that they had well-armed men in their own party on another.

I think it comes down to gold generating some sort of possessive quality. Only this week was someone asking me why gold does what it does to people. I'm afraid there's no easy answer but it does seem to act as a divisive catalyst which can ruin a previously long friendship or act as a trigger to compel otherwise peaceful men into bad behavior or even acts of violence. We are talking about some of the more pleasant examples here today but I assure you that gold in Australia has cost some people their lives and ruined families and even the minds of otherwise sensible men. It is what it is. I might guess that it is the ideal of what gold represents that takes on magical properites... you'll notice that it was never of interest to the Aboriginals in Australia. Even one of the first large nuggets in the Hargraves region to be discovered at the time Australia was finding it's first gold was found by an Aboriginal shepherd (if my memory serves me) and he simply gave it to his boss (who rewarded him graciously). Today a small group Aboriginals with a GPX detector are a formidable team that never seem to sleep... yet it was never of interest in the past. And we all know of the fable about King Midas... and how the Spanish Conquistadors were said to have "gold fever" by the conquered native South Americans. They too were puzzled by the obsession by the Spaniards to obtain gold at any cost and by any means. To them, gold was simply an object of little more than beauty and passing curiosity by the locals.

To the rest of civilization, it has always been a symbol for other things. Usually wealth, prestige or something similar. Hence the attraction for criminals and the decision for Iraq to invade Kuwait (which was probably - at least partially- motivated to hit their gold reserves). So I'm thinking that it's just psychological conditioning that relates to monetary value and nothing more. Too many times do people say to me "but how much can I get for it?" or "what is it worth?" or "how do I sell it?" or "I don't care about keeping it, I just want the money".... I love to hear about the big nuggets found and my hat is off to those members here who have found some lovely ones in the past. But I like gold in any form for its aesthetic beauty and I find it extremely hard to part with for reasons that don't seem to be in any way financially motivated but simply because there's some sort of 'magical' attraction to it for me. Sometimes your hobby must pay for itself though and for those of us interested in the business side of Gold, you really have to detach yourself from the influence that it so easily holds over all.

Just my thoughts.

nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:44 am

Morning StayyerAU,
Imagination runs rife with some, and a lot of fiction is displayed as fact without any verification.
WA is definitely not the "Wild West" and it is rare to experience aggravated confrontations. Of course there are instances where prospectors are subjected to queries regarding permission to be where they are.
This is normal and a calm approach to any confrontation usually results in a "win win" situation.
If you have researched and followed the rules laid down by Department of Minerals and Petroleum you should be able to enjoy a problem free prospecting trip out on the WA goldfields.
A recent incident in Sandstone left a sour taste in mouths of those who attended a presentation at the local hotel. Those present were told that most were detecting illegally and should not be there. I was a little disappointed I arrived several days later because if I had been there would have challenged the speaker and waved my 20A.
The ironical part about this the speaker was a Tour Guide from an Eastern States company who brings prospectors to WA. Gold Hogs Icon_scratch
Below is some reading for you, it may seem daunting however the basic rules may be of help and answer many questions and allay many fears.
Prospecting is supposed to be an enjoyable past time.

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/456.aspx
http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/documents/Prospecting_WA-March09.pdf

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/documents/Info2.pdf

Happy hunting to you all, may see you out there.
Cheers
Peter

Last edited by Nightjar on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dead links)
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2501
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Gold Hogs Empty Gold Hogs

Post  bushranger on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:50 am

JP, I think you are refering to" George The Pole" he used to be around Cue in the early days, and then moved to a station just out of
Meekatharra, sadly he passed away about 2 yrs ago, A great guy and one of the old breed.I'm not usually intimidated by people
but when there's just you and your wife there is no way you can leave your ute and wander off.I also heard that a certain character
had his camp burnt out a while ago. Cheers Greg.

bushranger
Contributor
Contributor

Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter on Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:58 pm

bushranger wrote:JP, I think you are refering to" George The Pole" he used to be around Cue in the early days, and then moved to a station just out of
Meekatharra, sadly he passed away about 2 yrs ago, A great guy and one of the old breed.I'm not usually intimidated by people
but when there's just you and your wife there is no way you can leave your ute and wander off.I also heard that a certain character
had his camp burnt out a while ago. Cheers Greg.

I knew George reasonably well, unfortunately he went to his grave hating my guts, why? Gold of course. Crying or Very sad Your right though, George was of the old breed and when he liked you would give you the shirt off his back. I first met him on the 2 mile at Sandstone in 1993 and watched him pull a 70 odd gram slug out of the cement using his GT 16000 and a large Nugget Finder coil. We teamed up for a bit in 1996 but our personalities did not mix too well and things took a turn for the worse when I found a rich quartz reef using an Aquacell 24" mono when Frieda and I were in partnership with him (late 1996). Gold does funny things to people and some of the situations I have found myself in have proven that beyond a doubt, in George's case it made our friendship take a turn for the worse but I will say this, it was George's enthusiasm and tenacity that got me started on the quest for deeper gold with large coils, that knowledge came in very handy once the SD detectors came out. Problem with George was once he had a "set on you" that was it, no amount of trying to reason would sway him.

For those that don't know, "George the Pole" and his partner found a 117 OZ Nugget at Mindoolah (West of Cue) in the mid 80's which he named "The Golden Gypsy" after his Daschound dog named Gypsy (mongrel thing and its mate bashed up our dog Digit, a pup at the time. lol! ), you can see an excellent picture of the nugget on the front cover of Mike Wattones book "Way to the Gold II" a brilliant read if you can get your hands on a copy.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  fastgold on Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:42 pm

Hey ,jonathon,whats that weather been like up that part of the tracks as i might have to go see rellies in mackay and was thinking about checking some of the local spots while there,regards,mark

fastgold
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldn-god on Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:42 pm

each to thier own i guess Gold Hogs Fresse

goldn-god
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:59 pm

See Marco, there you go with the silly pictures again and calling people (me) peanuts and clowns. Remember that and dont go having a girly hissyfit and demanding the moderators ban people for exactly what you yourself are guilty of.

---------------------------------------------

The best way to react to comments is to ignore them. It is this type of response above that invokes other comments and then we have to put up with all the personal comments and innuendos.

Please keep the personal issues out of these discussions and refrain from personal attacks and comments

Jeff

Jeff, if he calls me a peanut, clown or whatever I WILL respond! The best way would be if he doesn't resort to name calling in the first place!

Last edited by madtuna on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  burnie on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:49 am

G'day all,
I have been prospecting / detecting in WA since 2001 usually alone. I only carry out my activity's on ground that I have permission to be on.

In all of my time working the WA prospects I have never had any problems, other than the odd bluffer saying he is the caretaker of every tenement and a few people who think that thier patch is 2 km sq Gold Hogs Icon_rolleyes .

I feel safer in the bush of WA than I do here in the City, the biggest problem I seem to have whilst out there is staying clear of health bugs Gold Hogs Icon_cry.
What I am really saying is don't be put of heading to WA becouse of a few bad stories, if you get the chance Go! and have the great experience of true freedom of the bush.

Burnie

burnie
Contributor
Contributor

Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Fastgold.
The weather up in nth.qld. is great at the moment but aparently there is heaps of gold in SA. at Ulooloo goldfields. Gold Hogs Icon_biggrin
Cheers Greg

Greg
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Gold Hogs Empty nth qld

Post  goldn-god on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:47 am

Gday

I have deleted this post due to the use of bad language.

cheers

stayyerAU

Last edited by stayyerAU on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad Language)

goldn-god
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Beeper on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:15 am

A friend of mine was alone and found patch. He showed a couple(husband and wife) he met in the bush where the gold patch was at as they all went there together. The couple started working(the middle of) his patch and told my friend that he could "work around the outside"! This is unbelivable and he gets a laugh about this when he tells me.

Imagine showing someone where gold was found and then while you are there with them they take the patch over and tell you, you can "work around the outside" while they detect your patch that you found and showed them. This is not greed but rather thick skinned callus insensitive-inconsideration towards another person with no conscience, a true Gold Hog.

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:28 am

Gday Beer Beeper

This is exactly the type of thing I was talking about, a similar thing has happened to me and I still cant get over how some people can be that way to others, in my past experiences I have found that its the people that I have done the most for and considered to be my trusted friends that have done me the most damage, you just have to laugh it off I suppose.

I guess this is why some people change and become secretive and allusive when you enquire as to how they are doing for fear of being shafted, but I am glad to say that this is only a minority of people who behave this way and for the most part people are happy and considerate, but if you see the signs of this type of behaviour in your associates then it is a wise thing for you to do to distance yourself from them, and then it wont take long for them to show their true colours.

On my last trip with a mate of mine we went to a well known and well worked area of scrapings for a bit of a scrounge, as on the previous trip through the area I found a small run of sub gram pieces and I was thinking that I might get a few more, anyway about three hundred metres away across the other side of the creek we could see a camp set up, a 4wd parked there as well but no one detecting, so we just went about having a look about, after wandering here and there for about 30 minutes I came back to my vehicle as did my mate.

The 4wd from the camp was parked across the track on the other side of the creek and a husband and wife were detecting, I looked at my mate and he looked at me and said " thats a statement if I ever saw one" we just laughed at the fact that they had driven a hundred metres down the slope and parked conspicuously as to warn us away from what they must have percieved as there patch of ground, anyway we were heading off so we just drove down the track and around their vehicle, I was going to wave a hello to them but as I was watching them for some form of acknowledgement of our presence I noted that they didnt as much as look up or in our direction at any time, the body language said it all, we were invading their space, anyway we had a bit of a snigger at their expense as it all seemed a bit rediculous.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum