Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difference between Induction balance and pulse induction detectors

Go down

Difference between Induction balance and pulse induction detectors Empty Difference between Induction balance and pulse induction detectors

Post  hapalogh on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi All Was wondering what's the difference between induction balance and pulse induction metal detectors.
Also is induction balance detector like a vlf detector.
Found out I googled it

hapalogh
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

Difference between Induction balance and pulse induction detectors Empty Re: Difference between Induction balance and pulse induction detectors

Post  Guest on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:30 pm

I see nobody answered this question.

Yes Induction Balance is the principal used for the operation of VLF metal detectors.
Have a look here for VLF & IB. & PI
http://www.whiteselectronics.com/the-hobby/knowledge-base/field-reports/how-metal-detectors-work

This will give you a good idea of the ins and outs of Pulse Induction.
http://www.igkelectronics.com/pulse_induction_theory.html

Back to top Go down

Difference between Induction balance and pulse induction detectors Empty Re: Difference between Induction balance and pulse induction detectors

Post  hapalogh on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi Adrian, Thank you very much for your reply, as a few years ago before I bought a 5000 ,I bought a nexus detector from England which I realise now is a vlf.
I tried it in Bendigo a couple of times ages ago but I could not tune it.
The 3rd time I went their I managed to tune it on a lead bullit, but have not used it since.

hapalogh
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:27 pm

G/Day hapalogh

At the moment I cannot recall the Nexus. It would be interesting to see a Photo of one to jog the memory.

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:50 pm

Hi Adrian, The nexus is a basic looking detector all black ,with discriminater has 2 spoked figure 8 9" and 12' dd coils.
I don't know how to download pics at the moment,but if you go to youtube and just type in nexus metal detector you can see it their regards Graeme
PS Strange thing happened before I logged out and it still said I was online.

hapalogh
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:22 pm

Hi hapalogh
I get the same thing, I log off, but still see my name at bottom.
A bit buggy hey?

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:53 pm

Hi Jen, yea I don't know why
cheers Graeme

hapalogh
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:35 am

hapalogh wrote:Hi Adrian, The nexus is a basic looking detector all black ,with discriminater has 2 spoked figure 8  9" and 12'  dd coils.
I don't know how to download pics at the moment,but if you go to youtube and just type in nexus metal detector you can see it their     regards Graeme
PS Strange thing happened before I logged out and it still said I was online.

Yes a VLF.
I recall the Nexus now and they are quite a good metal detector but cannot handle high iron mineralisation as in our gold fields.
I am sure they will work ok in pipe clay areas and light iron minerals. I donot know how well they handle salt.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum