Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When going to google earth maryborough getting big red x

4 posters

Go down

When going to google earth maryborough getting big red x Empty When going to google earth maryborough getting big red x

Post  hapalogh Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi All
About a week or 2 ago I was looking at google earth for Maryborough Victoria
And also I was on this forum and clicked on a site of one of the forum members ,which showed Maryborough with a big red x on it.

Now everytime I look a Maryborough on google Earth I get a red x and cannot get rid of it .
Any body got the same problem ,and does anybody know how can I get rid of it Shocked 

hapalogh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

When going to google earth maryborough getting big red x Empty Re: When going to google earth maryborough getting big red x

Post  CrazyPete Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:00 pm

it's caused by a "map overlay" that you have loaded up on your google earth in the the past
and it is no longer in the same root folder you overlayed it from, "ie" you overlayed a geo map from a certain map folder and now that map is in another folder or deleted from your pooter..

Hope this helps mate

Pete  Cool 
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

When going to google earth maryborough getting big red x Empty Re: When going to google earth maryborough getting big red x

Post  Guest Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Right click on the big red X and delete it if you want, or after you right click on it go to properties and alter it to something else like a small red x or a golden colour or what ever you like and then save it like that.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney Rubble Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:04 pm

You have found the spot that everyone's been looking for! Razz
Barney Rubble
Barney Rubble
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Q28   Q33  yeah... dig there, X marks the spot.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:21 pm

Thanks a lot guys, for the info,fixed now. Very Happy 
I wondered why the main street of Maryborough had a big hole in it What a Face 
I thought it was a sink hole lol! 

hapalogh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down