New member Bendigo

Go down

New member Bendigo Empty New member Bendigo

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:39 pm

Hey everyone new guy here.

Im Leigh and i'm on the Disability Pension (spina bifida) and iv been doing heaps of research and think im ready to bite the bullet and get my first Detector.
Iv been wanting to get out in the bush with a detector for years but never had the money to get started until now.

Iv worked for a few months at Nugget Finder(Great people by the way) But please don't bombard me with questions about their coils as i was only doing some soldering and placing stickers so i really don't know much about the science involved except that they are well built and the boss is very passionate and exacting.

I've applied for an advanced payment so i can get myself a Minelab X-TERRA 705 as it's about all i can afford but seems good from the research i've done.

Umm if anyone has any advice i'd love to hear it....i was thinking of getting the 705 from miners den for $850.

Anyway so thats  me looking forward to getting to know you all and pick your brains.

Back to top Go down

New member Bendigo Empty Re: New member Bendigo

Post  CostasDee on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Q31  to the forum Leigh. Work at Nuggetfinder you say, know Rohan you say, soldering you say, stickers too you say, well I've got some questions to ask of you but we'll save them for later when your all settled in.  Q35 

I can't help you much with the 705 except to suggest that you may be able to rent one or borrow one from someone just to give it a swing, before you commit to the $850 - and even better if you can go out with someone that's familiar with that type of detector that can give you some pointers. Anyway, best of luck and welcome once again.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:29 pm

CostasDee wrote:Q31  to the forum Leigh. Work at Nuggetfinder you say, know Rohan you say, soldering you say, stickers too you say, well I've got some questions to ask of you but we'll save them for later when your all settled in.  Q35 

Hey Costa weren't you telling me that this is the area of the problems you were having with your Nuggetfinder coils, loose wires, solder giving way, stickers coming of. Now you know the culprit  Shocked

Nar just joking Liegh great coils mate and many of us use them. Anyway welcome to the forum pal and I hope you enjoy being here. Good luck with your X-terra 705.
wombat  Wink
Wombat
Wombat
Management

Number of posts : 4662
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:04 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: