Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rooster booster vs b n z booster

5 posters

Go down

rooster booster settings - Rooster booster vs b n z booster  Empty Rooster booster vs b n z booster

Post  lbg dreamer Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:46 pm

I know and use bnz boosters 
But was wondering about comparison of the two 
Performance wise .
As I know one runs its own power ,
Whilst the other takes power from our detector 
Just curious Very Happy 
Ps 
Not looking for anyone's input if they 
Are going to have a dig makers of them !
Just want to know how they compare with each other 
As I have seen heaps of rooster boosters for sale with little use !
But not many bnz Very Happy
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

rooster booster settings - Rooster booster vs b n z booster  Empty Re: Rooster booster vs b n z booster

Post  Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:12 pm

G'day Lbg Dreamer,
i have had the B & Z booster and it's not bad and have heard of one fella that had to get his rooster booster fixed 3 times. Here's a guy from NT that sells boosters that look the part of well made booster.

http://www.vkteksolutions.com/

Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

rooster booster settings - Rooster booster vs b n z booster  Empty Re: Rooster booster vs b n z booster

Post  toycru Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi
Have used a Rooster Booster for 3-4 months. (purchased in as new condition through Ebay) Has worked flawlessly and I really like it. Use it all the time except when it is really windy, I then use a set of headphones. Would not hesitate to recommend one.
Cheers, Wayne.
toycru
toycru
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:39 pm

toycru wrote:Hi
Have used a Rooster Booster for 3-4 months. (purchased in as new condition through Ebay) Has worked flawlessly and I really like it. Use it all the time except when it is really windy, I then use a set of headphones. Would not hesitate to recommend one.
Cheers, Wayne.
Hi Wayne have you used other boosters that you can compare with .
How many hrs use do you get out of your detector ?
compared to a self fed booster if you have used one ?
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks uncle bob those boosters look alright too 
Very Happy
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:42 pm

lbg dreamer wrote: As I have seen heaps of rooster boosters for sale with little use ! But not many bnz Very Happy
You may have answered your own question mate. Very Happy Very Happy 

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  toycru Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:06 pm

lbg dreamer wrote:
toycru wrote:Hi
Cheers, Wayne.
Hi Wayne have you used other boosters that you can compare with .
How many hrs use do you get out of your detector ?
compared to a self fed booster if you have used one ?
Hi
Sorry no others to compare with.
I usually average 2-3 detecting sessions per week, average session would be 3-5 hours but do a full day every now and then.
Have not had any battery issues (GPX5000) as yet. (if this is what you are referring to). I am guessing that the RB does not place a heavy draw on the battery.
The RB is a bit of a secret weapon, good for my 61 year old hearing and no hot sweaty slippery headphones to worry about!
Regards, Wayne.
toycru
toycru
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  snapper Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:26 pm

G,day lgb dreamer,
i have only the R/B so i can't compare it to the other boosters, but i have put it up against other 5ks without a booster and they do give a better signal over the same target,
Iv'e had it for over 12 months and it gets used nearly every day, one time i had my harness and R/B and battery in a small trailer with large water containers and traveling over rough ground one of the water containers smashed and filled the bottom of the trailer with water,
all my gear got saturated, so i pulled the battery and R/B apart and let them dry in the sun for a few hours, then gave them a spray with those cans of air and they both still work fine, that was about 4 months ago,

snapper
snapper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:39 pm

What appealed to me with the B&Z is that it can be used on any detector that has conventional headphone jack so swapping from sd to gpx there's no issue or who knows the next generation on minelab pi may even change the power cord again and more expense as the RB would not be suited.

cheers,
James

Back to top Go down

rooster booster settings - Rooster booster vs b n z booster  Empty RE: Rooster booster vs bnz booster.

Post  TWO BOB Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:35 am

Hi Lbg Dreamer,
Had the rooster booster for 19 months and never taken it of the 4500. Why ? Because it finds me GOLD. Can't compare the bnz as never used one.
Cheers
"TWO BOB"
TWO BOB
TWO BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:27 am

Thanks everyone

It seems a booster is a booster 
And no matter what brand they all do the same thing and get the 
Same results !
I use baz have done for years 
I'm happy with them 
The fine wires do snap on the cable from time to time .
Now I just cut out the broken bit and shorten the cable !
So can't complain as they always pay for themselves anyway !
But not using any others I don't have a comparison either Very Happy 
Which is what I'm after
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:38 pm

love the B&Z, the B&Z is Australian made not sure about the rooster I think they are made in china and shipped over....
I know if the speaker buggers up on the rooster booster you just cant plug another speaker into it like the B&Z.

Back to top Go down

rooster booster settings - Rooster booster vs b n z booster  Empty Re: Rooster Booster vs BNZ Booster

Post  BillJ Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:10 pm

I don't have a Rooster Booster or a BNZ Booster, but I do have a Super Sound Detacc which I have used on my 4000 and now my 5k (using a 4k battery). It has been a huge help for me to hear faint signals using a speaker as I am a little deaf. The built in amp in the 5k battery was ok but not loud or clear enough for my hearing. I have bought a second Detacc booster for a spare as I could not operate properly without a booster. The Detacc runs off the main battery and I have not ever noticed any reduction in battery life. It is very clear, no buzzing or hissing, has been faultless and has been very important to my success.

BillJ
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-01-28

Back to top Go down