Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speakers or headphones

+26
delapan
Greg
reg
Rtanweb
GoldstalkerGPX
granite2
Driller
Pennyweight
Beer Beeper
Kon61gold
Goldfever
Qld Sandy
Scotty
echidnadigger
Jigalong
bencld
CJ
Jonathan Porter
Nightjar
monoman1961
detecta2
mulgadansa
gof2
nero_design
Dunnart
saltbush
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

external speaker - Speakers or headphones - Page 3 Empty Re: Speakers or headphones

Post  Jigalong Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:39 pm

One thing bad about speakers is that people can sneak up and scare the crap out of you. I couldn't count the number of times Fred did that to me last week at Hill End.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

external speaker - Speakers or headphones - Page 3 Empty Re: Speakers or headphones

Post  delapan Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:44 pm

horses for courses as far as i am concerned, i use both, speaker in heat and still conditions and headphone in cold and windy conditions, personal preferance i would say, regards, gary
delapan
delapan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

external speaker - Speakers or headphones - Page 3 Empty Speakers Or Headphones With hearing Aids

Post  Goldanfish Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Still haven't heard from those of us with Hearing Aids.
There must be a few of us, looking at some of the ages of us , me I,m a young 63 and have had them for sometime now.
Just wondering what others have found using Speaker OR Headphones with your hearing aids . Do you leave them in or take them out with headphones, thats as long as you can hear without them in.

Regards John.
Goldanfish
Goldanfish
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:15 pm

Goldanfish wrote:Still haven't heard from those of us with Hearing Aids.
There must be a few of us, looking at some of the ages of us , me I,m a young 63 and have had them for sometime now.
Just wondering what others have found using Speaker OR Headphones with your hearing aids . Do you leave them in or take them out with headphones, thats as long as you can hear without them in.

Regards John.

G'day John

I don't have hearing aids. but I have helped a bloke with a hearing aid in each ear set his 4500 up and find his first nugget, then a few more nuggets once he got the hang of it.

In the end he found it better to remove the hearing aids. Using an external speaker on the 4500 and and adjusting the TONE control to suit a level of his hearing that was in good condition. Just because you may be deaf at one tone level dosn't mean that some other tone level in the hearing range can't be used.

This bloke was stoked with the result anyway, hope this helps you some.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

external speaker - Speakers or headphones - Page 3 Empty Speaker Or Headphones with Hearing Aids

Post  Goldanfish Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:08 pm

Thanks Dave
thats interesting as I have tried my headphones with and without hearing aids , but haven't tried with a speaker yet. Just bought a speaker the other day so will try that soon.

Also haven't found my 1st gold yet either, just bullets etc. but certainly not dishearted by not finding gold.

I will persist with trying with and without hearing aids and speaker & headphones.

Regards John.
Goldanfish
Goldanfish
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  fredmason Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:20 am

John; if you don't mind a word from the USA...I have a friend from Montana, his name is Harry that uses the dual speaker system...he has hearing-aids and prefers the external speaker over headphones...he also had his hearing-aids adjusted to the tone of his 3500...he does find a good bit of gold too.

One thing I found that helps some people with hearing loss is using the Hook-over-the-ear Sony in-the-ear type of phone...with an enhancer...they are inexpensive and make a good back-up so it is worth the cost to give them a try. You can easily wear a wide brim hat with these phones, an added bonus!

fred

fredmason
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:35 am

Hey Fred,

I hear you are going to plunder some of our gold at Halls Creek this year. Good luck.

Jigalong.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:47 am

I asked this question before and got no answer - second time lucky !

Has anybody used noise cancelling headphones like Bose make ? My wife has a pair for travelling in planes and I thought they might be good in high wind noise - she would never miss them !

Jigalong
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  fredmason Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:39 am

hi jigalong; yes, halls creek is finally in my sights, tour 5. I am waiting to finalize the rest of my trip as two weeks is not enough!!! Hoping to see some of my previous mates and make some new ones...

I have a friend on the East Coast of the USA that uses the Bose Headphones on the surf line and is very happy with them...they are pricey!

I use SunRay Pro headphones on the beach and they are very comfortable and quiet...cost about $120 US

fred

fredmason
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:05 am

Fred,
I am using the latest Ratphones from the US and they are the most comfortable headphones I have ever used. They actually clamp onto your head instead of just hanging down. I don't get sore ears anymore.
Jig
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

external speaker - Speakers or headphones - Page 3 Empty speakers or headphones ?

Post  kevlorraine2 Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:35 am

hi all, my most recent trip confirmed for me that headphones are best - for me.
was onto good gold deep down with headphones, mate was useing speaker,(both useing 4500, he was getting bugger all) switched to speaker for a few days to enable him to compare signals, gold all dried up, got back onto headphones and did comparison hearing with me finding the target with headphones and him testing with speakers, no go.most times, or so faint you wouldnt dig it,- put my headphones on, and yes there it was.
probable reason for better performance - with speakers the volume is at acceptable levels. that is, not too loud - with my headphones, in clean country, only getting a few signals per hour, i turn the volume up with threshold up to audible level, target signal up, but with the volume limiter on the 4500 you can be confident the big piece of tin will not kill your ears. been useing both for several years now and for me i have proved the point, so will now stick to my headphones ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3