Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi All from Naracoorte s.a

2 posters

Go down

Hi All from Naracoorte s.a Empty Hi All from Naracoorte s.a

Post  ashley01 Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi To all
My name is Ashley, have joined this forum to find out a bit more about gold prospecting, My wife and i have just puchesed a minelab 705 detector to get us started and hope to try and find a few things on the beach close to our home town of Naracoorte S.A as well. my other interest include fishing and vintage enduro (vinduro) pre 1985 dirtbikes that we travle to Melbourne area for mainly. We operate a small irrigation business in Narracoorte to make a crust. cheers for now Ashley

ashley01
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-03-15

Back to top Go down

Hi All from Naracoorte s.a Empty Re: Hi All from Naracoorte s.a

Post  Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:20 pm

G'day Ashley and welcome to the forum. There is a few other members on this forum also from SA. There is heaps of good info and knowledgable people on here as well. I wish you luck with your new found hobby and hope to hear of your finds in the near future. Q31 . Aboard.

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:14 pm

Hi Ashley and welcome to the forum
We have some lovely members from SA so you will feel home here.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Looking forward to some pictures from beach detecting.

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:09 am

Hi Ashley Very Happy Kate here from Milang! Nice to have you onboard!! We operate a family transport company ... yup! Truckers!! Q16
Actually, have got half the family down that end of the state doing grape carting at the moment!

I started with the 705 ... if you're looking to clean up on the beaches, it's my opinion that you got yourself the right machine!! Just remember that it's not exactly 'waterproof' ... stay on the sand!! I'm not overly into the dirt bikes, but L-O-V-E fishing!!! Anyway, nice to see another 'crow-eater' on the forum!!

getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  ashley01 Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:35 am

Hi Kate. The grape harvest sure is in full swing it should be all but finised in padthaway next week then on to coonawara.We love fishing as well and mainly boat fishing for shark and snapper then get on to the tuna that are just starting to arrive now, should have our detector next week and then off to the beach to see if we can work it all out. cheers ashley

ashley01
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:27 pm

getascripter wrote:Hi Ashley Very Happy Kate here from Milang! Nice to have you onboard!! We operate a family transport company ... yup! Truckers!! Q16
Actually, have got half the family down that end of the state doing grape carting at the moment!

I started with the 705 ... if you're looking to clean up on the beaches, it's my opinion that you got yourself the right machine!! Just remember that it's not exactly 'waterproof' ... stay on the sand!! I'm not overly into the dirt bikes, but L-O-V-E fishing!!! Anyway, nice to see another 'crow-eater' on the forum!!

If the OP bought the standard X-TERRA metal detector (not gold pack) if would of came with a 9" Concentric 7.5 kHz coil which is waterproof to 1 meter...happy hunting I just bought the 705 myself(dual coil pack).

Back to top Go down

Post  ashley01 Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Well we got the new 705 detector out for a run at the beach on the weekend the beach was fairly covered in weed after a storm a week ago, so we detected some other areas and found a few bits and pieces. was wondering if anyone knew what sort of depth this unit will detect to the deepest thing i found was a old fruitbox at about 8" deep. anyway we enjoyed the time we spent with the 705 and hope to have it worked out soon cheers ashley

ashley01
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum