Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G'day all!

4 posters

Go down

G'day all! Empty G'day all!

Post  Diggerdave Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:59 pm

I've been browsing this forum over the past week and I'm beginning to feel at home already! This is certainly a passionate, active and friendly group.

I have only ever been prospecting for gold as a kid and to be honest, at the time all I wanted to do was climb trees and chase lizards Very Happy

More recently though I have been fossicking for sapphires and thunder eggs and on all of these occasions my partner and I have had a ball (even though we didn't exactly strike it rich Smile )

Over the past few months my partner and I have been looking at investment opportunities and during our research on precious metals this site and other prospecting information kept popping up so I took a look into it and I am definitely starting to get the fever! Although probably (although I hope not) more of an expense than an investment, at least until I can start posting in the 'finds' section Very Happy . I really think this is a hobby I will enjoy for years to come.

I have grown up in the bush and love camping and I'm also quite happy wandering around in the sun in my own little world (recently this has only been achieved mowing ovals Sad but I love hiking and exploring new trails in national parks and properties). So I think having an extra incentive to get out there can only be good for my health!

I look forward to becoming part of this community and I hope in time I can add some value of my own to this group.

For the time being though, there is plenty more reading to do. Any advice on good sources of information is appreciated. I'll be heading over to Clermont soon so I'll stop in and see Andrew and Melissa and hopefully soak up some knowledge while I'm there.

-Dave

Diggerdave
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-02-19

Back to top Go down

G'day all! Empty Re: G'day all!

Post  Gold Miner Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Hey Dave,
Welcome!!
I'm only a 'newbie' too I 'spose!!
Your post made me excited!! You seem to have a great deal of enthusiasm toward our 'hobby'!
Welcome aboard!
Cant wait for your first post in the finds section!
Gold Miner
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggerdave Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks Gold Miner,

I'll need a detector or at least a pan first but I can't wait either!

-Dave

Diggerdave
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 pm

G'day and welcome to the forum Diggerdave. Very Happy . There is heaps of good info and great people on here. Just look around and ask any questions you like and you should receive many answers...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggerdave Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks Mike,

I am thoroughly enjoying digging through old posts in here. There really is a wealth of information and definitely plenty of experience in here.

I also just found out that I may have a family connection that may come in handy. My fathers partners mother worked (or works, not sure) for minelab. Very excited about looking into that Smile I have never met her but I am certainly going to chase her down.

Diggerdave
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Welcome to the forum Dave.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggerdave Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Cheers kon61, still going through old posts. Can't get enough at the moment.

Diggerdave
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  sandy2010 Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi'ya Dave,
Welcome to the forum......Check out your local library for 2 books,"GOLD & GHOSTS" Vols. 3&4....They may not be available due to their value (around $400 each)...they usually get stolen......if they are available they can be viewed under security!......the information will be invaluable to you.

Be lucky.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggerdave Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi Sandy2010,

I have just spent $7 photocopying 2 chapters of Ghosts and gold vol 3. Very very interesting. I am keen as to get a pan and go and try a spot very close to where I live.

Diggerdave
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggerdave Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Edit: moved to correct section.

Last edited by Diggerdave on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved post to correct section)

Diggerdave
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down