Yet another FNG...

Go down

Yet another FNG... Empty Yet another FNG...

Post  Keep digg'n on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:18 pm

Hey all, I joined a while ago, my name is David, I'm a complete novice and have very little knowledge of exactly where to find gold, I mean I know to go to say Hillend to look but exactly where in Hillend is a whole other story Embarassed I've been out to various different locations a few times but found bugger all, except for nails, 22 shells and shot gun shells, ring pulls, rusty tin, bits of aluminum cans the usual rubbish. I have been studying on what to look for, to help me get a bit closer. I've heard it said to look for areas where there is mineralized earth, quartz iron stones, paper bark trees, or iron bark trees, or a quarts vein would be even better if I'm not misstaken. Any and all help/suggestion greatly appreciated. The search goes on. Thanks.

Dave.

Keep digg'n
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Yet another FNG... Empty Re: Yet another FNG...

Post  Wombat on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi Dave and welcome to the site mate. It take years of experience to learn this game, but one way to short cut this is by first joining a detector club and go out with them on weekends. Secondly find and get to know other prospector in your area that may take you out with them. And thirdly, to do a prospecting day lesson with a reliable detector training day mob in your area. This will save you years of heart ache. and Forthly get some good gold maps of the areas that you are interseted in, and look up history and reports of that area through the internet and on google maps. It is reseach that pays of in the end.
Cheers mate and I hope it will help you to start with.
Wombat Wink

Management

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi Dave,
Welcome to the forum.
In short Wombat gave you most info to start.

Until then you might try to find a few old articles and have fun reading here:
http://trove.nla.gov.au/

You can also use a search button on a first page and look for any info you are interested in.Dont be shy to ask any questions.

Good luck and enjoy the forum.

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Keep digg'n on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Hey thanks guys all good info, like most things in life I guess no real short cuts Shocked . I was actually going to book an outing with Wal, I think it's Kim from nuggets from downunder gave me a pamphlet on Metal Detecting for beginners, so yeah think I'll go see what the go is. Till then I'm gonna do a heap of reading. Again thanks guys! Wink

Keep digg'n
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:48 pm

Welcome keep diggin
And your choice of getting a lesson
From nfdu
Is the best move you will make
You will learn your detector
And how to read the ground
And soon enough
You will be weighing and counting your nuggets
Good luck
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 944
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Keep digg'n on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Hey lbg dreamer, thanks mate I can't wait to be sitting back looking at my nuggies, don't think I'll get sick of it too soon. Very Happy Cool

Keep digg'n
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum