Local Club - Bacchus Marsh

Go down

Local Club - Bacchus Marsh Empty Local Club - Bacchus Marsh

Post  LineHaul on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi All,

I am new to prospecting and have taken a real interest in panning following a trip to SH with the kids. I know they put the gold in there but i loved the 'buzz' of finding some. Can only imagine the feeling is 10 times that out in the real world. Just purchased a garrett pan and have been trying some local dirt/gravel to learn the technique.

I live in Bacchus Marsh and was wondering if there were any social prospecting clubs close by as i think joining one will be fastest way for me to learn about this properly.

Cheers,

James.

LineHaul

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Local Club - Bacchus Marsh Empty Re: Local Club - Bacchus Marsh

Post  Wombat on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi James and welcome to the site. Mate I would think your nearest club to Bacchus Marsh would be the Ballarat Branch of the PMAV. They meet each month, contact PMAV Secretary, Wallace Young, wmyoung@bigpond.com. for details. There is also a Central Goldfield Branch that meets at Clune each third Wednesday Night of the month at the pub 7.0pm. I belong to that one. I'm sure the Ballarat Brunch go's panning as well.
wombat. Wink

Management

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:10 pm

G'day James and welcome to the forum.. Very Happy .. Panning is how I first started out when I was a young tacker and I have been hooked ever since... Very Happy .. So I can see where you are coming from... As Wombat has said join up with a PMAV Club... You could also try one of the tour guides also... www.goldandrelics.com.au they may do panning... Also www.bendigogold.com.au I think they actually teach panning... Hope this helps... There is heaps of good info in this sight go for it and happy reading...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Local Club - Bacchus Marsh Empty LOCAL CLUB BACCHUS MARSH

Post  Gold&Relics on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi James
Thanks mike54 and wombat for the recommendation. I also started panning as a youngster (14) but once I got a detector in my hand I found it hard to go back to panning. I run the Gold & Relics Gold Prospecting Adventures and take groups out panning and detecting in Victoria and Western Australia. My website is www.goldandrelics.com.au. Take a look and if you are interested give me a call. You will need to mention that it is gold panning that you are wanting to do and I will be happy to take you out.
Cheers
Darren
Gold&Relics
Gold&Relics
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-08-16

http://www.goldandrelics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:47 pm

G'day Darren how are you and welcome on board... Very Happy .. We are pleased to help in any way we can...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum