Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Size Matters

Go down

Size Matters Empty Size Matters

Post  gldfvr Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:37 am

Keep your mind above your belt . What a Face What a Face

Am doing some research on gold areas .
Other than that is already known larger pieces of gold were found within the Golden Triangle .
What about other areas all that I can find is the amount of gold found , not the size .
Mafeking not far from Ararat was from what I have found out was flour gold , am sure there are other places in Australia that all that was found in a particular area was flour gold .
Can anybody point me in the right direction to find out the size gold found in certain places . Question

gldfvr
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Size Matters Empty Re: Size Matters

Post  Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:51 am

yes mafeking near ararat was fine gold but is nat park... no go zone..
there are a few differant ways of finding out what gold was got where...old minning reports, old paper archives in trove on the net,books like the shallow gold occurance in eastern vic and the survey of the vic goldfields,..google will help alot if you got the time to sit and wade thru the rubbish.
cheers

Back to top Go down

Size Matters Empty Re: Size Matters

Post  gldfvr Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:16 pm

I was at Mafeking about 30 years ago and read on the tourist info boards about the type of gold found there .

I will not go into any area without permission .
Years ago I found out about a gold mine and got permission off the land holder to go in but declined at time as he had a crop growing between the road and mine , it is livelihood , I did not wish to drive through it .

Sit and wade through the rubbish is right but have also came across other places to do detecting , old homesteads that no longer exist , sly grog shops , houses of disrepute and so on ,I get side tracked easy . Wink Wink

gldfvr
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum