Pro guidance

Go down

Pro guidance   Empty Pro guidance

Post  Jakmagic on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:21 am

Ok so Ive had my 5000 for a year and want to use it to its best. I have been studying geology simply for prospecting and want to get out there and use what I know. I'm still also trying to learn to use my machine to its best but am struggling a little. Can anyone please help me with a good spot to start near Melbourne Victoria and any advice getting to know my machine better and easier ?? Love the site. Excellent blogs! Thank you

Jakmagic
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-12-24

Back to top Go down

Pro guidance   Empty Re: Pro guidance

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi Jakmagic,
and welcome to the forum.
Good spot to start is anywhere where gold has been discovered in the past.(old diggings). Lot of experienced members chase virgin grounds.
In Victoria (assuming you are from Melbourne) Golden triangle is 1.5h drive.
There are plenty places to go.
Its good to get some Tully maps and hit any spot.
If you want to learn from others maybe the best thing is to join a prospecting club.They have a monthly trips and there is an opportunity to see how others prospect and exchange some tips and tricks of the trade.
Few members get regularly on a detecting trips/camps.
You can also post if someone is interested to join you on the trip or you join others.
Lot of forum members are keen on sharing a knowledge so i am sure there would be some who wouldn't mind to take you around.
I would suggest to read rules of the forum and additionally few posts so you get ethics of detecting right.
Good luck.
GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Pro guidance   Empty Re: Pro guidance

Post  CostasDee on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Welcome Jakmagic to the forum. Anything and everything golde has writen you is good and true advice. Also, you can ring Coiltek or Bendigo gold or most other stores and go out on one of their training sessions where trained guides will show you tricks in using your detector.
Good luck.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum