Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello one and all

Go down

Hello one and all Empty Hello one and all

Post  goldslave on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi everyone,
Like most newbie's we have to start some where, I have been on this site for awhile and read the stories with avid interest and it's a pleasure to find that I am not the only sane person out there in a land full of nutters (l0l).
I was bitten by the gold bug many many years ago when most roads around the country side were full of pot holes the council's only needed to put up a fence around them and there was a natural tourist attraction they were so big (or was that what a little boy thought when dad would hit one in the ute on one of his many foray's to the promised creek where we were to become rich and buy a new FJ holden like the neighbour's)
I am like a lot of other wanna be prospectors who would one day become rich with what we find, the money side of it I couldn't give a hoot about, it's the wonderful feeling of being out in the bush, no phones,no tv,no barking dogs, and don't get me started on bloody roosters hahaha.
My days started when dad would have a couple and he and his brother would have a bit of a who's got the biggest (nuggets I mean) get your minds out of the crevices, uncle showed me a nugget on day he picked up in NSW when he was a shearer's cook and I have seen nothing like it to this day, it was the size of a chook egg and uncle would say to me that speckly chook is the one that layed that nugget, and yes as a boy I was gullible and believed him.
I have been a very keen prospector in the past with many and varied locations throughout Nth Qld and NSW,next year I will venture further afield and maybe cross the Nullabor,maybe.
Please don't copy my style of vocabulary, it will confuse the best, I write what I hear in my head !!
Anyway, I should go and kick a few more rocks, cheers everyone and happy hunting, stay safe

Goldslave

goldslave
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-18

Back to top Go down

Hello one and all Empty welcome mate

Post  philip.j.thompson on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Hope you have luck and don;t let the lead, there's lots out there, get you down Smile regards Phil

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Hello one and all Empty Re: Hello one and all

Post  getascripter on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm

G'day goldslave ... Kate here! Very Happy Lovely to hear the memories of chidlhood ... yep! Things did look, sound, feel different in those days! And the world was a HUGE place!!

Good luck with your gold wanderings ... and hope to hear lots of stories of your finds!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Hello one and all Empty G'day.

Post  mungoman on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:13 am

Welcome Goldslave,
started prospecting as a lad with Dad when the yellow metal was $32.00 an ounce and have seen a bit of this beautiful country I call home. There's some really good information here with all the daily posts from so many people who are willing to share it. Anyway, to use an expression my Dad used, may you find a nugget as big as a brick. Goodluck, Jon.
mungoman
mungoman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2012-09-18

Back to top Go down

Hello one and all Empty Hello again everyone

Post  goldslave on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:14 am

It's pleasant to hear from everyone with such positive attitudes and it certainly helps lift one's spirits, by the photos it shows those who have the gold have done the hard yards and reaped the benefits from all the hard work,
I have dug a lot of holes for not too much gold but crikey didn't I have some fun doing it, my three kids were always excited to watch while dad was panning and always very entheuseastic to have dad pan any old dirt that they deemed had a bit of colour in it.
happy hunting everyone, cheers

goldslave
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-18

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum