hi everyone

Go down

hi everyone Empty hi everyone

Post  dan_4187 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:57 pm

hi everyone
my names dan and ive been thinking about getting a gold detector for a while now and the time almost come so i joined this forum to do some research.
now, i cant decide if i want to go for a garrett at gold (or something else around the same price) or if i should get finance and get a minelab gpx 4800 or 5000, but the minelabs are a pretty big investment.
Im planning on going out every weekend to the old abandoned gold mines in my area, so i suppose ill be taking my new hobby semi seriously.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
I suppose what im asking is, is it worthwhile getting a $6000+ minelab over a sub $1000 garrett at gold.
Thanks

dan_4187

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-11-24

Back to top Go down

hi everyone Empty Re: hi everyone

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:20 pm

G'day dan-4187 and welcome to the forum... Very Happy I would suggest you go hire a detector for a weekend and see how you go then... If you think you will like to take up this hobby then buy the best you can afford...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi dan, welcome to the forum, Smile take some time to do some research reading here and elsewhere and the answer to your question in relation to your needs will most likely become apparent as you progress, many questions to consider when getting started, where, with what and when?, how often?, there are no definitive one size fits all answers to most gold questions but there is lots of good advice here if you ask the right questions and those will only come along as your research progresses. best of luck,,,beware the gold bug!! Wink
Regards
Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2400
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi Dan,
Welcome to the forum.
Buy the best machine you can afford.

You can always hire one of the detectors for a day out and see how you go.
Minelab metal detectors handle australian condition the best.(I wish they make gold detectors. Razz )

There are plenty post here so search and read little bit so you might get an idea what suits you the best.

Good Luck.
GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Dan I can help you with a Fisher Goldbug 2 for $999 free delivery
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:56 am

G'day Dan ... Kate here! Very Happy

My thoughts? (and I'm no expert!) ... If you are searching for gold: Minelab GPX4000, 4500, 5000 ... $4000 to $6500 (approx prices) Your wallet, your choice! Very Happy

If you want to primarily search beach/park ... X-Terra 705 Gold Pack (some reasonable gold search capacity too), Gold Bug 2 has many followers also, even for gold hunting!

One very important point to remember ... make SURE that the unit you are looking at is suitable for Australian conditions. Many of the imported detectors are great in Europe and even the USA ... but cannot handle the Australian soils/rocks/conditions.

PS: Good luck with your purchase, and hope to meet up out on the gold fields. Very Happy
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

hi everyone Empty What can you afford

Post  philip.j.thompson on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:04 pm

Sorry not to be the sugar candy man. You could spend years chasing dreams, you could hit the jackpot, you could find a great new HOBBY YOU CAN AFFORD. The latter is my advise mate, buy what you can afford for fun. Alternately you could be the next JP. Up to you I guess = ps when young I took the punt but got bitten - but did have fun pirat

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum