Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9" X 5" DD Coil

4 posters

Go down

9" X 5" DD Coil Empty 9" X 5" DD Coil

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:13 am

I am planning to hit an area that has a lot of rubbish on it so I though of using a Coiltek 9" X 5" (250mm) DD Pro that I have on my 5000 using discriminate. My question is if I go over a bit of rubbish and there is a nugget directly under that rubbish will it discriminate that rubbish and the nugget, or just the rubbish, and still pick up the nugget directly underneath it.??????
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

9" X 5" DD Coil Empty 9" X 5" DD Coil

Post  LONE WOLF XLIX Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi Wombat,

I am not experienced enough to comment on the subject but i will be watching it closely for replies as i may learn a bit. Personaly i dig every target who knows whats under neath the top bit????? more rubbish or a tiny flysh........t or a huge one ???. when you try your dd on this patch i will look for your post on how it went with the results cheers and the levels you set on your detector for diff results If you wish to post those??? Smile
LONE WOLF XLIX
LONE WOLF XLIX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

9" X 5" DD Coil Empty Re: 9" X 5" DD Coil

Post  CostasDee Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi Wombat,
I use the DDs on my SD because I just can't use the monos due to the noise. Because I use the DDs, I also use the discrimination feature. Many have told me that it will disciminate gold nuggets, but I have tested it on a 5oz piece and just couldn't get it to overload and discriminate it out, so as far as I am concerned, it "may" discriminate a piece of gold, but for that 1 piece that I miss, it will save me 100+ holes of trash that I don't have to dig.

Saying that though, (in my opinion), if a gold nugget is underneath a piece of trash, then the detector will disciminate the rubbish and will be in it's "blanked out/discriminator" state whilst over that rubbish, so I believe you will not hear the gold nugget. What may be a suggestion, is to pass over the area as you intend to do with the DD in disciminator mode and then move all the visible rubbish and re-pass the area again with the DD again in disciminator mode and hopefully you may move the particular trash that is blanking out "your" nugget.

Or you rake first and then just dig everything and totally clean up the area (and spend a couple of days doing it)....

Cheers
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Did someone call a rubbish man?? Very Happy

More experienced members told me where is the rubbish there is a gold.
So go for it.Get a magnets on a rake, get some little rusty bits out and then comb trough the area.
Hope you get a great results.

I have found a nugget under the rubbish many time.Once i moved the rubbish signal was still there.

Back to discrimination question, i am not sure, there is a high possibility that rubbish would mask the nugget underneath.
Dig everything.

Did someone call a rubbish man?hint hint Razz

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:11 am

Hi Wombat, The short answer is YES, you wont hear the nugget when the discrimination is blanking the iron signal out. But ...depending on the relative size of the rubbish and nugget you will probably get an "unusal signal" that you would check anyway.
I hope this helps, Cheers Mark.
Mark
Mark
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:11 am

I just don't use disc anymore. Not long ago I got a signal that was blanking badly and turned out to be a nice ironstone specie.
Dannyboy
Dannyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-09-26

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum