Need some help

Go down

Need some help  Empty Need some help

Post  brno on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Hows everyone is there anyone out there that can help me ive just bought a sd 2100 yes its old but funds are tight and need some helpful info thanks brno

brno
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-11-03

Back to top Go down

Need some help  Empty Re: Need some help

Post  Digginerup on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi Bruno, Smile welcome to the forum, I have no personal experience with that machine but there have been a lot of threads on all machines in the past here and I'm sure if you read in the archives until your eyes bug out affraid then ask the questions you do not understand you will get some good advice here.
Regards
Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2400
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi Brno,
I'm using an SD2100V2.
It still has a place on the gold hunting scene.
The easiest thing that you can do to improve performance is to ensure you are running a 7.3V battery system.
I'm using one made by Coiltek which is switchable between 7.3V and 6.7V. The batteries used in this system are Li-Ion and I get a full 8 Hours of running time with them.
The other item I have found useful, and it depends on personal choice is to use an amplifier to feed to an external speaker. I'm using a Doc's Gold Screamer but do find there isn't as much volume as I'd prefer when running sensitive.
I trust that helps, feel free to ask more questions as you learn more about your detector.
I should add, my personal preference is to use DD coils to minimise noise, however this comes at the sacrifice of some depth.

Regards
Terry
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Need some help  Empty Thanks

Post  brno on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:23 am

Thanks Terry i will be near maryborough coiltek and ask them about the battery system and the DD does seem better for ground noise.Once i find my way around the site i will look up the forums for advice Wayne. All the best .Brno

brno
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi Brno
The 2100 is ideal for chasing larger deeper gold,team it up with say a 14"DD and target slightly deeper ground.Most people these days are chasing the surface small stuff in which case you would need at least a GPX model.
Another thing is to find ground that hasn't had a coil over it if your lucky.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1694
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:56 pm

G'day brno and welcome to the forum... My brother in law had the 2100 and he loved it... He used to get the small bits that the 2000 couldn't get until we had them modded... Very Happy Good luck with your new hobby and hope you find plenty...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi Brno,
One of the best detectors Minelab manufactured.
Here is an old post with some wothwhile info.

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t1323-sd2100-improvements?highlight=tuning+SD2100

Good luck
Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2498
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum