Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intoducing Grumpy57's Dad - oldrockman

4 posters

Go down

Intoducing Grumpy57's Dad - oldrockman Empty Intoducing Grumpy57's Dad - oldrockman

Post  oldrockman Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Hello All,

I am Grumpy57 dad and am mainly a micro mineral collector.
I don't get to go fossicking much these day due to 'poor old bones' being abit worn out as I'm 82 now Smile
I now like to keep track of what my son Doug (Grumpy57) is up to and keen to see and discuss his finds when he visits each week.
You probably won't hear from me much on here, as I'm not real good with the computer but I will be eagerly reading and following all your finds and photos.

Look forward to following you all
Richard (Dick)

oldrockman

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Intoducing Grumpy57's Dad - oldrockman Empty Re: Intoducing Grumpy57's Dad - oldrockman

Post  Twodogs/Dion Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:48 pm

G'day Dick, love rock collectors, Have a few myself when I was working in geology in the mines here in the Pilbara. Got some manganese crystals and some other tiny little yellow crystals, ( perfect octagonal 3mm to about 5mm ) that are only found in minesites, ( or so I,ve heard ) covering a couple of iron ore rocks. They are at my old mans house I will be visiting at Xmas, so if you don't have a sample, would be happy to send you a couple of bits.
Not sure what you mean by "micro collector", but if it means small bits, I can help you out, haha.
hope to talk again soon, Dion.
Twodogs/Dion
Twodogs/Dion
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Intoducing Grumpy57's Dad - oldrockman Empty Re: Intoducing Grumpy57's Dad - oldrockman

Post  grumpy57 Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:05 pm

What a pleasant suprise to see my old man come onto the forum. He worked his butt off to raise us 6 kids and never had much spare time until he retired. He got interested in rocks and gemstones when he retired which was great , he and mum have travelled all over Australia in pursuit off their hobby. Sadly age has caught up with them so fossicking is now just alot of great memories. They are life members of the Ballarat Gem Club and although not active still keep in touch. For anyone who doesn't know what Micro Crystals are they are as the name says, crystals which can only be seen under a microscope. Sometimes you can get a rock with a coloured surface which sparkles like metalic paint on your car and when viewed under a microscope are perfectly formed crystals. He has over 4000 micro crystals which are all boxed and labelled. Every man needs a hobby and this is his. Cheers Dad from Grumpy.
grumpy57
grumpy57
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi Richard and Grumpy57,
Nice to see your dad being active and mastering computer as well.
Welcome Richard and hope you enjoy reading the posts and seeing the members find.
Enjoy.
GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:31 pm

A big welcome Richard, cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:32 pm

G'day Dick and welcome to the forum... Hope that you enjoy all the reading and pics from other members...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum