Hello all from Seymour, Victoria

Go down

Hello all from Seymour, Victoria Empty Hello all from Seymour, Victoria

Post  KrisP on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:40 am

G'day guys, just a quick hello and introduction. I am married and have two daughters (11 & 4), we currently live in Seymour, Victoria.

Recently a friend introduced me to the Gold Rush - Alaska series on the Discovery Channel and hence I have now somewhat caught the gold rush fever...

Having spent sometime as a child fossicking around the hills during the school holidays looking for various gems stones for his lapidary hobby, I have very limited knowledge and the dos and do nots of prospecting. I am not out there to make a fortune, just to have some fun with the wife and kids with the thrill of the hunt ore appealing to me more than the actual hunt.

Having said that, I would be lying if I said that it doesn't have some motivating factor. There are not too many hobbies if done right that have the ability to fund itself. Laughing

Anyways, we are planning a trip to Eldorado at the end of the month for a couple of days so here hoping to some fun times ahead.

KrisP
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Hello all from Seymour, Victoria Empty Re: Hello all from Seymour, Victoria

Post  Nightjar on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:31 am

Good luck Kris,
Great hobby to get into, lots of learning, however feel sure you will find most of the answers here, if not just ask.

Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2499
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:12 am

G'day Kris and welcome to the forum... Hope you have a good and lucky trip to Eldorado... Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustydog on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:10 pm

Welcome to the forum Kris.

at the moment the creek at eldorado is fairly high so you would be only able to pan the high ground but you should still find a little gold.
also remember it is flour gold there so it is fairly fine and easy to lose.

Good luck on your trip
Rustydog
Rustydog
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  TTT on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi Krisp and welcome to the forum don t know much about Eldorado but i know i go through Seymour regularly to detect at Heathcote . hope you find the forum helpful with tips and advice cheers Terry

TTT
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum