Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turning Up The Sensitvity Setting On X-Terra 705

2 posters

Go down

Turning Up The Sensitvity Setting On X-Terra 705 Empty Turning Up The Sensitvity Setting On X-Terra 705

Post  Joe And Jan Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi, I have recently purchased a X-terra 705 and I am pretty impressed with all the feedback on this machine. I have read the manual several times over now and I think I have it pretty down packed with knowing the settings and what they mean and do. I have only one question though and that is if I turn up the sensitivity, does that make it search more deeper into the ground or does it mean that it will pick up smaller items like small earrings etc?
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated as I'm fairly new to this. Oh and by the way! This is a great forum as it has so much information to.
Thanks

Joe And Jan
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Turning Up The Sensitvity Setting On X-Terra 705 Empty Re: Turning Up The Sensitvity Setting On X-Terra 705

Post  kon61 Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:20 pm

G'day Joe and Jan.Welcome to the forum.

The higher the gain(sensitivity) the more sensitive your coil will be to the smaller metallic objects.But by increasing sensitivity,you also increase ground noise(mineralization),making your detector at times over the hotter ground conditions,unworkable.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Turning Up The Sensitvity Setting On X-Terra 705 Empty Thanks

Post  Joe And Jan Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:23 pm

Thanks Kon61 Very Happy That was bugging me for days wondering what it really did. Much appreciated and thanks!

Joe And Jan
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down