Mums ring..well nearly

Go down

Mums ring..well nearly Empty Mums ring..well nearly

Post  Bol on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Gday guys and girls.
Strange heading i know,but i thought it would sort of suit my introduction. Very Happy
I live in Tamworth and i am surrounded by areas with Gold which i have never really paid much attention to ,as my "hobby" over the last few years has been riding dirt bikes.A few months ago it was my mums 70th birthday.Many years ago she lost her engagment ring and she thinks it might have thrown it out with the compost No .No one has ever really gone to look for it so i had a light bulb moment and went to a shop in town and hired a Metal detector to find the little sucker.What a great birthday presant for my old cheese if i could find her ring !!! Anyway,i hired a x tera 705 and headed out to the farm to find the lost ring.Much to my dismay..the bloody compost pile was huge with years of rotting vegetable matter and God knows what else..and stank like a bloody tip No ..No worries,to easy...i've got a metal detector !!! After 4 hours of sifting and digging and reacting to every noise that machine made,i had 6 spoons,4 knives,3 forks,4 bottle tops,half a kilo of foil,20 cents and a bloody tooth brush...and no ring Sad , and to make things worse,it was sposed to be a surprise for my mum and she came home early and busted me knee deep in her stinking compost pile.Oh well...she was tickled pink that i would do that for her..so it was all good Very Happy
Anyway,i enjoyed using the metal detector (even know i had no idea what the hell i was doing) and it cost bugger all to hire for the day so it got me thinking.I think i might go and find some gold soon...what a bloody good idea.So,the research has begun.I took my two little girls up to Nundle paning a few times with no success..but hey..we all had fun.Starting to get the gold bug with all the internet research i'm doing and i came accross this site.I work with farmers and i would not have a propblem gaining access to any of their places for a little fossicking.It's interesting now,as i drive around their farms i often see quartz out breaks and all sorts of areas that gold may lie that i have never noticed before.Hell..i have probably even riden over nuggets on my dirt bike as we often ride around old mine shafts.
Anyway,congrats to those who run this site and i look forward to learning heaps more and getting to know some of the members Very Happy
Cheers
Bol What a Face
Bol
Bol
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Mums ring..well nearly Empty Re: Mums ring..well nearly

Post  TTT on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:27 pm

hi bol and welcome seems you enjoyed your self trying to find the ring good to see all was not lost you have found nearly half of a cutlery set haha, i m sure you will find the site helpful with questions so hope you get to detect more soon cheers Terry

TTT
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Bushed-Tracker on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:02 pm

JohnWhen you go chasing gold with a hire detector get a GPX 4000/4500/5000 - more probability of finding gold with one of these than a Xt 705 which is primariily a coin and relic machine.

Good luck - its lots of fun Very Happy Very Happy
Bushed-Tracker
Bushed-Tracker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Bol on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys Very Happy
look forward to becoming an active member.

Bol What a Face
Bol
Bol
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:50 pm

G'day Bol & Welcome. Nice ta meet ya! Hope to hear lots more of your adventures Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum