Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any where in Australia to get gold out of the sea

5 posters

Go down

Is there any where in Australia to get gold out of the sea Empty Is there any where in Australia to get gold out of the sea

Post  Show Me The Gold Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:14 am

i know i sound stupid but i was just watching a doco on foxtel called bering sea gold where they use dredges to sucks up gold from the sea floor was wondering if any one knew if it was possible to do that in Australia cos the show got me pretty keen lol also where is the closest place to sydney to pan/detect for gold

Thanks Tom
Show Me The Gold
Show Me The Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Is there any where in Australia to get gold out of the sea Empty Re: Is there any where in Australia to get gold out of the sea

Post  G.B. Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:45 am

Do they have great Whites in the Bering Sea?

Is there any where in Australia to get gold out of the sea Images11

Is there any where in Australia to get gold out of the sea Images10

Just wondering

G.B.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Is there any where in Australia to get gold out of the sea Empty Re: Is there any where in Australia to get gold out of the sea

Post  Show Me The Gold Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Hahaha its not the whites id be worried about mate it bulls and hammers. Do you know they find so many people intact and mostly alive after a great white attack, it is because they realise within a fraction of a second that we arent the seal that they thought we were. Think about it man if a great white wanted you for dinner there would be nothing left. Bull sharks and hammer heads on the other hand are very teritiorial and just plain vicious. Having said all that im not going to go out of my way to do dive around a shark if i can help it but people dive all the time in Australia sharks for the most part are over feared by us mate you got way more chance of being hit by a hoon in a car then you do of ever seeing a shark in the wild much less actually being attacked by it.
Show Me The Gold
Show Me The Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi Show Me The Gold ... funny you should mention that!! I saw an item on one of the 'usual' news programs that was talking about a huge area of QLD coast and territorial waters that has been taken under 'mining lease' ... to do just that! ... search for gold on the sea bed. I believe they also mention the NT.
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Gday Tom,
I reckon the Shoalhaven river would be worth a look,around Nowra and towards the Ocean.
That river system is rich in its upper reaches. It has been discharging massive floods into the sea for Millenia and would had to have deposited some gold somewhere in the lower reaches.
Maybe start looking for river wash or billy boulders and do some test panning.
Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi folks,Hi Show me the gold, Smile I suspect any river that drains a known gold area would carry gold to the sea in some quantities, whether that gold is recoverable by any other means than some form of chemical extraction is doubtfull in most cases,certainly some rivers must have coarse gold at the point where they meet the sea, the Burdekin in Qld for instance must carry some gold to the sea as it runs the much auriferous country, it is said that the whole of the worlds oceans carry some gold in solution, there just isn't a form of economical extraction at present, but dont worry the powers that be will be working on that!!
Regards
Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Show Me The Gold Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 pm

well what id was looking at doing was dredging for nuggets and fine gold but know i find out that dredging is illegal for prospecting but i am wondering if you can dredge on a mining lease The bering sea gold show that gave me this idea the gold was in the ocean not in the form of a solution but in nugget and fine gold form but after old mates reply on the sharks got me thinking about all the naties that we have compared to alaska like blue rings and the like
Show Me The Gold
Show Me The Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:58 pm

I think you will find that Nome Alaska is one of the few places in the world that has such a rich ocean floor that is easily accessable and payable. I think there are a few places in Australia where beach mining was tryed but iam not sure what success there was.
Dont think there will be any chance of dredging the ocean floor round here any time soon but then again with the growing popularaty of prospecting and the gold price where it is anything could happen i guess.

Back to top Go down

Is there any where in Australia to get gold out of the sea Empty Okay

Post  philip.j.thompson Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Chinaman's beach. Black Rock's. - north coast NSW, Merimbula etc South Coast, welcome to NSW the land of National parks and conservation areas. All closed locked out and off limits. Sorry to disappoint you folks but in my lifetime I see a continuing shrinkage of access. Hope to see you at the muster - and no I am not affiliated with Goanna regards Phil

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down