Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whites TDI PRO OZ series

+2
ivanll
chappo
6 posters

Go down

Whites TDI PRO OZ series Empty Whites TDI PRO OZ series

Post  chappo Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Hey has anyone out there used the "Whites TDI PRO OZ series" detectors...have now now thrown this one into the mix as a possible...chasing some feedback.
Regards,
Arthur
chappo
chappo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Whites TDI PRO OZ series Empty Re: Whites TDI PRO OZ series

Post  ivanll Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Yes............works well in all places I've used it at.

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Whites TDI PRO OZ series Empty Tdi

Post  Goldpick Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi just wondering how your tdi pro is going , I was thinking of getting one of these and interested in your opinion.
Goldpick

Goldpick
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  chappo Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:44 am

To date am rapt with the TDI Pro...am heading out today to recon some new ground in search of some colour...have used it with great success on the beach while getting accustomed to its settings...things like finding a $2 coin at 1/2 a meter definitely impressed me...sensitive machine. Very Happy
chappo
chappo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Whites TDI PRO OZ series Empty Tdi pro

Post  Goldpick Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Hope you do well , seems to have good depth and sensitivity Keep us informed I am really interested in this machine and it's gold capability.

Goldpick

Goldpick
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Whites TDI PRO OZ series Empty re:whites TDI pro oz series.

Post  ramblenray Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:01 pm

does anybody find GOLD with the tdi oz series? Iam thinking of buying one,my first adventure into detecting.ramblenray.:

ramblenray

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:11 am

Ray
Its pretty straight forward,if you are chasing gold Minelab Pulse Induction machines are the best way to go.Very good machines can be picked up for around $2500 up.Gp3000 or Gp3500.These machines even being 1 generation back are better than any in the world other than the GPX series.There is still no shortcut into detecting.Gold is a hard game and there is a learning curve to go thru.In laymans term its like comparing a top of the range Porsche with a VW the differences are that great.Vlf machines are used as back up machines by some but I don't know of any.We simply don't use them.
Minelab PI machines are made for Australian conditions and when something comes out that is better than them we will change in a heartbeat.
Its best to start with a setup that gives you a chance.The above machines will find points of a gram near the surface and multiple ounce pieces at up to one metre (with the right coil).That covers the whole spectrum.
The investment.Spend $2500 and in 2 years time if theres a new model,it will be still worth $2300.
This is a great hobby but there is a lot of spin.Anyone serious about finding gold must start with the right equipment.Good luck
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  lewy Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:44 pm

The whites is a pulse machine,I have found a 2 grammer down about 4 inches with mine,so cant tell you if they will find smaller,Mine seems to work well near power lines etc were i have read others dont,i have only read that though,Also the lightning up her dosn't seem to effect it by making it screem unless it is really close,etc.the coils that fit the minelab machines fit the whites as well so there is a good range to choose from.But still it is not a $5000 dollar machine.hope this helps.

lewy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Razorback Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:58 am

I have been using the TDI for several years now and have found gold in areas that have been thrashed with Minelab detectors. The TDI is a cheaper alternative PI machine for people who are not able to justify the cost of a 4500 or 5000 Minelab. For sheer grunt nothing available at the moment beats the Minelab and in perfect conditions in capable hands the 4500 and 5000 will outperform the TDI. Having said that, conditions are not allways perfect. The TDI will handle EMI better than the Minelab machines, rejects most hot rocks, does not require an external speaker and harness, has great battery life and is much easier to use in trashy ground. I have both types of machine but have found that I tend to use the TDI more than the Minelab these days, especially exploring new ground or areas of high trash or EMI. I look for these types of ground knowing that most Minelab operators will have given up. In short, the TDI is a very capable machine and should not be discounted by anyone looking for a lower priced gold machine.

Last edited by Razorback on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Razorback
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Back to top Go down