Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

one more from the patch

+7
MTB Digger
kiwijw
Ren
piston broke
HueyDuck
Bigfish
tirp56
11 posters

Go down

one more from the patch Empty one more from the patch

Post  tirp56 Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:46 pm

went up to the patch asi call it and after swinging for a while and only fiding the odd bit of rubbish,went back to the car for a cuppa, then decided to go back close to where i left off,and got a funny signal,which i nearly walked away from,as it sounded like a nail,but said to my self no i will dig it,what a good decision that was,because i ended up unearthing a very ugly 24.5gm nugget,which when i can get a photo onto this forum i will do so.many thanks to mariner3800 for his patience trying to sort out my computer over the phone,cheers al

one more from the patch Allans24g

tirp56
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

one more from the patch Empty Re: one more from the patch

Post  Bigfish Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:00 pm

nice work mate, look forward to seeing the pic of your find!

Bigfish
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:02 pm

cheers cheers cheers Mate thats a little bit bigger than the one you showed me a couple of weeks ago....That is a fantastic find Tirp, you followed your gut feeling and dug it......you deserve it no matter how ugly it is!!!!!

Well done again....

HueyDuck Very Happy
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:25 pm

I'll take a hell ugly 24 grammer any day of the week Very Happy Very Happy cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:46 pm

Great going Al Very Happy Very Happy Lucky you did dig it, It could of turned out to be the the one that got away Shocked

Ren...
Ren
Ren
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:32 am

Hi there tirp56, 24 grams. Well done. Very nice find ugly or not. Looking forward to seeing a pic Very Happy
It sure does pay to DIG ALL SIGNALS. I prove this to myself time & time again. I have also, & I am sure many others as well, have got that familiar wire/nail type sound signal & on digging it have unearthed a long thin piece of gold. Ok it isnt always gold but by digging all signals you will sleep easy at night knowing that it wasnt maybe gold you walked away from. Many times I have removed a rubbish signal/target & on rescanning the hole before filling it in I have got a very faint deeper signal that has turned out to be gold. The first loud rubbish signal either masking the softer gold signal but more likely the gold signal was out of reach until I dug down & removed the rubbish, thus bringing the gold into the zone.
When I first got my detector & hit the old sluiced workings & was learning my machine I started off with a DD coil & used discrimination due to all the rubbish present on the workings. I was digging all signals even if blanking out in discrimination so I could get a "feel" for the different sounds & responses to the targets unearthed. One time I dug out a blanking out signal & it was an old rusty nail in a tight crack in the bed rock but it was encrusted with gold caught up & stuck to the crusty rusted nail. I have never used a DD or discrimination since & always dig all signals.
We are lucky over the ditch here that out ground isnt that heavy mineralised type ground that you guys have. So can use mono's all the time.

Happy hunting & good luck out there

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  MTB Digger Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:28 am

Looking forward to the pic...well done
MTB Digger
MTB Digger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-05-14

http://www.imging.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  scjonrob Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Almost 3/4 of an ounce - what a thrilling experience that must have been. Makes me think about those odd signals I have walked away from thinking its 5:05 p.m. and I am sick of digging junk, I will leave that one.........Sad (Probably shouldn't admit that on this forum Suspect ).
scjonrob
scjonrob
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  bedrock Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi tirp, what a whopper...24g, hard to find these days,
but I believe there are still many 'biggies' hiding under
junk signals, as I experienced it myself not long ago!
congrats and well deserved for your perseverance.
Hope there's another big one hiding somewhere!
cheers
bedrock
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Hey presto Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi tirp56, great bit of rubbish to dig up - even if it is ugly. Awesome find. I hope you find some more.
scjonrob wrote:Almost 3/4 of an ounce - what a thrilling experience that must have been. Makes me think about those odd signals I have walked away from thinking its 5:05 p.m. and I am sick of digging junk, I will leave that one.........Sad (Probably shouldn't admit that on this forum Suspect ).
Hi scjonrob, I had the same thought on the weekend after digging 50+ junk targets and then in one area constant noise - kept walking, now I will have to go back and dig them all. confused
Hey presto
Hey presto
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:05 pm

great find and well done cheers cheers

Well why not dig?We are there doing what we love and if the signal is there why not see whats there.
Its always exiting to dig for me regardless of the outcome.
Keep digging
GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:56 pm

That`s a great find tirp56 cheers seeing that one in the scoop must have really been exciting bounce Smile nice one...looks good in the photo.

Cheers
Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  GOLD TRACKER Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:17 pm

great find tirp56 Razz good to see that there is good size gold to be found. Makes me more keen to get out on the weekend and try my luck. Keep swinging. Regards bren.
GOLD TRACKER
GOLD TRACKER
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down