Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im back.......

Go down

Im back....... Empty Im back.......

Post  Goldmember2 Tue 5 Jun - 14:58

Hey everyone, have had massive issues logging in for the last 2 months so have loaded a new browser and are all over it. Ive been panning up a storm lately and have located some hot spots around 50 m long with the most concentrations in the middle, so I figure that the gold must be getting washed into the spot close by. So I hired a gpx4000 for two days and gave the spot a good work over I found two things F*%# all Razz But Ive came up with a theory on why there are so many bullets....... 'when the old diggers found a nuggy it was fairly common to load your 6 shooter or a friends and fire all 6 shots around the area the nuggy was found, then yell "eureka"!!!! and fire another 6 shots into the surrounding shrub as warnings to other diggers. So on closing if I find one more slug that is bent into the shape of a nice piece of gold Im going to go crazy.
Cheers
Asher
P.s Thanks stoppsy for the heads up on the 4000 settings, tried running it over some of my panned gold and it sang out a Beauty! Now all I need to do is find some with the detector.
Heres some from the last trip panning, just getting some feeling back in my arms.....
Im back....... P4280810

Goldmember2
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-05-06

Back to top Go down

Im back....... Empty Re: Im back.......

Post  Guest Tue 5 Jun - 19:08

[quote="Goldmember2"] But Ive came up with a theory on why there are so many bullets....... 'when the old diggers found a nuggy it was fairly common to load your 6 shooter or a friends and fire all 6 shots around the area the nuggy was found, then yell "eureka"!!!! and fire another 6 shots into the surrounding shrub as warnings to other diggers. So on closing if I find one more slug that is bent into the shape of a nice piece of gold Im going to go crazy.
Cheers
Asher

Hi asher Just think you only have to dig up 12 bullets and you will be on to gold Laughing Laughing Laughing
Wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Im back....... Empty Re:-I'm-back

Post  Guest Tue 5 Jun - 19:23

Nice color and a couple of Gems as well. Very Happy Hey Wambat usually 100 bullets to 1 bit of gold lol! lol!

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

PS don't forget the rusty tins and etc........ affraid affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 5 Jun - 19:42

Goldmember2 if you finding bullets ect your in an area that hasn't been done or has been done with the older detectors sounds good. get hold of a detector and hit that area hard.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldmember2 Tue 5 Jun - 20:11

Yeah I will give it another crack soon, once my confidence comes back. I did make one huge mistake though, walking back to the car the detector squealed like it had on the last 30 bullets and I didnt check it, but I bet it was the welcome stranger 2 Laughing
On the way home I stopped at another spot and I soon picked up a real sweet signal down pretty deep in the side of a steep embankment and was sure I was onto something........6 rusty nail heads.
I dont really mind if its not gold near the surface but when you have to dig down a foot and half to find a bullet, I say a few fiddlee dees

Goldmember2
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-05-06

Back to top Go down