Last Nights Gold

Go down

Last Nights Gold Empty Last Nights Gold

Post  kiwijw on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi guys, Went to some old sluiced workings that have been thrashed by every man & his dog & every make & model of detector. Still managed to snag a few for a couple of hours swinging the GP 3000 with 12 X 7 NF mono

Last Nights Gold 95cd6b29

Two nights earlier nearly 7 grams

Last Nights Gold 92d2acf4

What will the weekend bring??

Good luck out there

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1831
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Last Nights Gold Empty Re: Last Nights Gold

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Great work there JW.
Top effort and persistence always pays off.
Keep digging
GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  bedrock on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi JW
well done, a very nice haul! Don't tell everyone, otherwise there will soon be a few 5000's
traded in for the mighty 3000 Smile!
cheers
bedrock
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGoldenChild on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:08 pm

No one gets em all, nice finds and I hope the weekend unearths a few more for you JW Very Happy
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Last Nights Gold Empty Re: last nights finds

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Nice finds there JW and I hope you find plenty more on the week end. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Last Nights Gold Empty Re: last nights finds

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Great work kiwijw cheers hope you`re keeping out of those very cold streams Smile

Cheers Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  non_fiction on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:05 am

Whats this about ?

2) PLEASE NOTE: the video page (NZGOLD Photobucket album) is unavailable because of the unauthorised use of my copyright protected photos by KiwiJW ( Kiwi JW ). This unauthorised use has been continuning for more than four years and remains unresolved because of KiwiJWs refusal to comply with my many requests to cease taking my photos and claiming they are his.
non_fiction
non_fiction
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi guys, Thanks for the comments & well wishes. I am definatly keeping out of the cold waters of Central Otago. My detecting is up on the old high sluiced terraces in amongst the exposed schist bedrock.

non_fiction: To answer your question of "Whats this about?" It goes back to when I first started posting on gold forums. I was computer illiterate & it was my passion of fossicking for gold that got me involved with computers in the first place. The world wide web opened a whole new world to me & when I discovered gold forums I joined up to Jack Langs old forum which hasnt been around now for quite a few years. I cut my teeth with forums & posting on that site. There are I know a few of the old members on this forum. A big mistake I made in my ignorance & naievity of copyright was the cutting & pasting of a couple of photos from "owner" of the site of the info that you have brought to light here now. That was how he reacted. I emailed him numerous times to apologise & put forward my ignorance etc. He never once replied or acknowledged any of my emails. Banned me from his site He never ever contacted me personaly about the issue but choose to slag me publicly on forums & threaten legal action & litigation. Why he maintains it is on going & still unresolved is beyond me as that was years ago.
My lesson was well & truely learnt.
I am sure a few of the members on here will recall the start of this incident.

I can assure you that all my posts of my gold fossicking & detecting adventures, including photos of places & gold found are all mine & true & not fake & fraudulant as he maintains.
Having said that ..... I went out today to a whole new location. It was foggy & cold & I just see now on the weather on tv that the area had the lowest temperature for NZ today of a high of 3 degree's. My wife came along & sat in the wagon reading a book. After a while she had had enough & she came up to me as I was scraping away at a target. All I had found was lead & metal rubbish. She made known to me that she was over it & asked how I had done. Nothing but rubbish I said but this is either gold or lead. Thankfully it was a piece of gold & it weighed in at a wopping .08 of a gram. GP 3000 & 12 x 7 NF mono.

Thanks

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  malcolm mclean on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:40 pm

hi kiwijw Thanks for all of your posts mate i allways look at your posts Itis good to see that you are getting some nice gold I phoned a very good friend just this week and he said it was down to 3degrees in luggate nz He has 20 acres on the Clutha river at queensbury just south of Luggate with old workings on it Areyou building down in Queenstown in the winter time ??? JWdont worry about what happened with that guy At least you had the decency to apologize to him Any way JW what ever happend to thoses huge boulders of GOLD you had on the back of that truck ?????? good luck mate with gold detecting ex kiwi afro afro afro

malcolm mclean
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:45 am

Hi there Malcolm, Thank you for the kind words. I had more or less forgotten about that incident, What a Face so thanks for rekindling it for me....you bugger... Smile I never did claim the photos were mine.
Yes I am building a house at Arthurs Point in the most unsunniest part during winter. In a few weeks it will get no direct sun at all.Had a pretty heavy frost the other morning & it never went away. So fun working out in that. Had a bit of rain yesterday that managed to melt the frost but that is supposed to turn into snow in the next couple of days. Oh yaaa. Nearly got the house closed in & got a diesel blow heater, so that will make things nice & toasty inside.
For those of you that wont be aware: Arthurs Point is the spot where gold was first discovered on the hugely rich Shotover River just outside of Queenstown in november 1862. Once known as the richest river in the world.

Last Nights Gold B8c7e7f8

Named after one of the two prospectors who discovered it. Thomas Arthur & Harry Redfern. Two down on there luck gold miners from the Nokami goldfield at the south end of Lake Wakatipu. William Ree's, the run holder of the surrounding land in the Queenstown area, was down at Kingston recruiting sheep shearers for the coming season. He went to the Kingston Hotel on the off chance that there would be miners down on there luck & hard up for some paid work. He stood up when the pub seemed to be at its busiest & made the announcement that he was setting sail back to Queenstown at 8 am next morning. Any body wanting paid work shearing ( not shagging) sheep to be there. Thomas Arthur & Harry Redfern were two that were there next morning.
They worked 6 days a week & had sundays off to do there own chores & what ever. On one sunday they went for a fossick up the Shotover & the rest is history.

Melcolm....those big gold nuggets are still there. Shocked I drove past them the other week Very Happy

Last Nights Gold Largenugget1

Does your mate at Luggate fossick for gold?

Thanks & good luck out there

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  malcolm mclean on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:40 pm

hi JW i dont think so Iam about to come home for a wedding in jan 2013 Will head into Auckland and travel down the north island and possable down through the west coast through to the Haast to the pub there which i worked on back in 1976 or there abouts Then down to luggate stay a couple of days to see some friends and talk to my friend his name is Herbie Illingworth will find out for you if can go and talk to him see whatmay happen for you could be a good thing /// have not seen his property as he has only just built a house on it in the last year or to He managed the glendo caravan park atWanaka for 18 years and now has retired HE also looked after two pubs in Dunedin He also is into old cars I will put out a few feelers and see what is going on Turn up that heater BRO ?????? ex KIWI afro afro afro

malcolm mclean
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren's Patch on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Good going JW great effort in a flogged area Very Happy Very Happy there's got to be more! Perseverance and patience always pays to the ones that do Cool

Good luck this weekend Very Happy

Ren...

Last edited by Ren on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell for s#@t)
Ren's Patch
Ren's Patch
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:01 pm

That was a great story there JW and glad that last target turned out to be gold. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:31 pm

G'day Team, Thanks Mike & Ren. Here is a pic of the little .08 gram piece I got that I mentiond a couple of posts back.

Last Nights Gold 6ed15e42

Went out last night & got these four little suckers for a total of .64 grams. Still using the 12 x 7 NF mono. What a great coil.

Last Nights Gold 30c67563

I have worn out the skid plate on my joey mono. Only replaced it last october. I am a ground scrubber as you cant get any closer to the gold than scrapping the ground & I am sure it is paying off for me. Smile. I will have to get another sent over to me. I am also thinking of getting another power lead. I have two curly ones. The original that came with the detector & I bought another heavy duty coiltek one. I have had to repair the original one a couple of years ago & it is playing up again. I arent too fond of the heavy duty one as it is quite a bit heavier & it has a habit of catching on the underside of the detector when I go to place the detector down on the ground to dig a target. I like the curly lead as it gives you that stretch ability & room to move around when you are digging a signal without draging your detector. They do get caught up in the bushes quite easily & it is probably this that had me repairing the original one. I was thinking of getting a straight lead this time. Can any one of you recomend a length that works good without being too long but also giving a bit of room for placing the detector down to dig a signal without draging the detector over?
Thanks guys & good luck out there

Regards

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi guys, Went out tonight & got 3 little bits for a total of 1.26 grams.

Last Nights Gold 74fcbd51

Happy hunting

JW Smile

kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Last Nights Gold Empty RE: LAST NIGHTS GOLD

Post  Hey presto on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi kiwijw, another couple of good bits - well done. I can't help you with lead selection as I still have the original (newbie).
Hey presto
Hey presto
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:29 am

Hi there Hey presto, Thank you for your comment. No worries about the power lead. I may have to put the plea up on the general discussion page. Another reason why I got an extra power lead, apart from having a spare, was so I could have a battery on charge & able to use the detector at the same time. (I got a 2nd battery as well) I dont know why minelab made the mains charger with a male end that needed the use of the detectors power cable to attach it to the battery. Why didnt they just put a female end on the battery charger so you could plug it directly into the battery?

Getting pretty cold down these ways now. Coronet Peak skifield opened last weekend. Here is our view of Coronet Peak from where we are living.

Last Nights Gold Lakehayescoronetpeak

Need to rug up good when out detecting at night now. Very Happy

Good luck out there

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  OLD SALT on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Beautiful Pic of the area kiwijw....reminds me a lot like some of the areas I visited over there in 1967. Absolutely loved New Zealand.
OLD SALT
OLD SALT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi guys, Thanks Old Salt. For a small country NZ has a bit of everything. The North & South Islands are both so different to each other.

How are you doing with your 5000. Are you getting your share? I went out this afternoon & only managed 2 little pieces for a total of .4 of a gram.. Sort of backs up my opinion that detecting at night is better.

Good luck out there

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Last Nights Gold Empty 6 little nuggies

Post  kiwijw on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi guys, Headed for some new ground today. Bloody cold but a beautiful cloudless day. Heavy frost, iced up windscreen that took a few jugs of water to make good. Icey roads & bloody hard as concrete ground with the perma frost up in the mountains making digging a signal a real mission. Dont think my walco pick enjoyed it either. I wasnt having much success after several hours & was thinking of giving it away.
I was detecting just up out of a creek on the higher old terraces on both sides. The creek was pretty icey with ice on the edges from the bank & heading towards the middle of the little creek. Iceicles hanging of the banks & tussock. Didnt have my camera with me so sorry but no photo's.
I went back to my truck & had a coffee & bite to eat. Changed location & then the gold started coming. 6 little bits for 2.76 grams. But boy....did I work for it

Last Nights Gold E755cabf

Happy hunting

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  malcolm mclean on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:11 pm

keep them comming JW that view looks so great i miss that country so much // ex kiwi123 afro afro afro

malcolm mclean
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down