Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NICE Gold Find (NSW) this week - 4.262 Kilo Specimen melt + PICS.

+17
philski
bigbenny
AnnieL
4rd
CostasDee
Digginerup
byronbinalong
harryopal
goldquest
ttrash
GTphase111
Harb
Goldylox
Ren
deutran
tomwt23
nero_design
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NICE Gold Find (NSW) this week  - 4.262 Kilo Specimen melt + PICS. - Page 2 Empty Re: NICE Gold Find (NSW) this week - 4.262 Kilo Specimen melt + PICS.

Post  Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:51 pm

I can hardly see the five cent piece for the gleam Laughing

Inspiring piccy's for sure

Back to top Go down

NICE Gold Find (NSW) this week  - 4.262 Kilo Specimen melt + PICS. - Page 2 Empty Re: NICE Gold Find (NSW) this week - 4.262 Kilo Specimen melt + PICS.

Post  Foolsgold1 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:00 am

I think the pictures are well done, thanks for sharing Smile Pitty the finder didn't take photos of the 'rock' before crushing

Foolsgold1
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

NICE Gold Find (NSW) this week  - 4.262 Kilo Specimen melt + PICS. - Page 2 Empty 4.2Kg nugget

Post  bobiaus Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Good story & great pics Nero (as always).Looks like that nugget gold came from the Bathurst area?

Bob

bobiaus
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  toecutta Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:37 pm

how beautiful is that gold with the quartz and graphite inclusions.. the textures! truly a majic thing to see
well done the hard worker that pulled this to the surface
toecutta
toecutta
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:37 am

NICE Gold Find (NSW) this week  - 4.262 Kilo Specimen melt + PICS. - Page 2 Large

I took a more recent picture of the bright remnant Quartz & Gold sample that remained left over from the Specimen above after crushing when the prospector who found it stopped by recently. Didn't make sense to start a new thread for it so I'm adding the image to the original thread. I weighed this in at a little over two ounces with probably an even 2oz of gold inside. You can see that (since this came from the core of the quartz) the quartz is stained from within with iron and not by external soil.

Larger download here: http://www.pbase.com/image/145078240/original.jpg
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2