Which one to keep

Go down

Which one to keep Empty Which one to keep

Post  Digginerup on Fri May 25, 2012 9:12 am

Hi Folks,
Just looking for opinions,I have a choice between keeping a Minelab Commander 12" DD coil and another coil it is 11" with the Blue oval with GP Series written on it...I'm not certain but I think its a Minelab GP Series 11" DD coil that came with the 4500,how do you tell DD from Mono? and which do you think is the best to keep?
Regards
Wayne.
Digginerup
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2400
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Which one to keep Empty Re: Which one to keep

Post  kon61 on Fri May 25, 2012 10:04 am

G'day Digginerup.

I take it your referring to the Commander 12x15 or is it the 11 dd round? Anyway,both coils work well on the 4500,with the Commander achieving greater depths on slugs of gold say,larger than 3grams in size.The GP Series coil you refer to which came standard with the 4500 is of DD configuration and as for the Commander,the sticker on the top of the coil clearly indicates whether it is of mono or DD configuration. The current new 11 inch Commander DD coil,I found it to run smoother,more stable and quieter than the older GP series DD coils,over the variably changing hotter ground conditions.Can't tell you which coil to keep,for the larger of the two will give you more ground coverage per sweep as well as better depth on larger targets as compared to the more concise target ID on the smaller stuff with the 11 inch.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4995
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Fri May 25, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks Kon,I'm waiting for delivery of a bunch of gear I have purchased, a Coiltek 450mm DD and a Coiltek 350mm DD and a Coiltek Goldstalker 18x 12 Mono as well as the Commander coil that was refered to as a 12"DD... Rolling Eyes it is round and I suspect its an 11" DD as you say.I intend to keep one of the 11"coils for my 4500 and the other will go with a 4500 I intend to sell soon, I also have a NFA 17" mono Eliptical so I think I have enough to get started.........much to learn!.
Regards
Wayne.
Digginerup
Digginerup
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke on Fri May 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi Wayne
You should get great results using the NF 17" coil as your main coil, on which coil to get rid of, the oldest of the 2 coils you mentioned would be the one that I would pension off.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Tue May 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks again Lee, I kinda figured the NFA 17 was the pick of them, definately keeping that one, I'm waiting for delivery of the Commander coil to confirm the condition but I believe it's in as new condition, the GP series coil has never been used so its going to be a tossup really between the two 11" coils, what kind of machine are you using Lee? do you have any experience with the 4500, I may require some tuition Embarassed if you ever have some spare time.
Regards
Wayne cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke on Wed May 30, 2012 9:05 am

Hi Wayne
If both of your coils are in good nic then check the serial number & get rid of the oldest coil just my opinion, but only do this after you have tested them.

I use an SD2200d so I can not over any advise about the 4500 other than to say get JP's DVD & do a search here for 4500 settings you will learn alot sitting in front of your computer, There are guy's in the Townsviile club who use 4500 & 5000.
good luck
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum