The Halo Effect.

Go down

The Halo Effect. Empty The Halo Effect.

Post  goldquest on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi guys, has anyone heard of the "Halo Effect", and you can explain it to me what is about? it happened to me that a strong signal instead of increasing becomes weaker almost to disappear after I start digging. Neutral
Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

The Halo Effect. Empty Re: The Halo Effect.

Post  Harb on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Its when you tell your wife how slim and beautiful she is so you can buy a new detector......
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

The Halo Effect. Empty Re-the-halo-effect

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Gday guys yep that's one kind....but in detecting it is from a buried target that has been there a long time and the impurities leach out into the surrounding ground and presents a bigger target than the actual target is ie a rusty piece of steel the rust leaches through the ground which causes the halo of the item. Very Happy hope this helps.

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:04 pm

When you get one of these "halo efect" signals, try tipping a cup full of water on the target area. We found plenty of these in one area of WA and everytime when we put a bit of water on the target it disappeared instantly. We dug lots of these before we found this, saves lots of digging in bl**dy hard ground. We only found this by chance as we were trying to soften up ground to dig
travelergold

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Gday guys sounds like your digging false sounds, these are different to halo they are pockets of mineral in the ground, once you dig a bit out the sound will get weaker or vanish. Is my opinion only Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

The Halo Effect. Empty the halo effect

Post  goldquest on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:17 pm

Thank you guys, for the help, now I know what it is.
Cheers
Goldquest
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mogy on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Just out of curiosity when you find a target with a "halo" and youve not destroyed it , try carefully lifting the target out and running the detector over it again, then remove the leached area and try again .

mogy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Yes that is a good point there Mogy, I always double check my holes, not the first time I have had more than one target in a hole. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:07 pm

This had me scratching my head, Got a huge target signal ( a Metre across ) in a trashy area ( Could see trash just 2 metres from me & further out ) Anyway i dug this booming signal down about 25cm and in my head it was more trash, Gave up & refilled the hole, Ran the coil over it again and boom, Nah i have got to know ! Scooped the dirt back out again & continued diggin, 32cm down & the booming signal was no more, Looked at the magnet on the pick for the offending junk, Nothing, Looked to the last pile i had just scooped out for the offending junk & nothing visible, Ran the coil over the dirt pile and got a nice signal ( No Boomer though ) levelled the dirt with my foot and i caught a glimpse of something shiny, Picked it up, Shock/Horror ! That i almost left it there, 44.2g Nuggie with a little ironstone in it, Learnt a very valuable lesson that day !
Went & showed my wife Ali & said come have a look where i got it as i was telling her about this huge booming signal that i got from it, Dropped it back down the hole for Ali to run her detector over it & hear this boomer only to be met with "That's not a boomer, just a normal signal" Sure enough no more boomer once it was disturbed from its resting place.
So yeah i put it down to the "Halo effect" and havent experienced it since but i also havent found a 44.2g nuggie since either !
Cheers
Ashley
P.S. Thats me showing off the 44.2g nuggie in the pic on the right

Last edited by Ash100456 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : P.S.)
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum