Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coils - Litz Wire

2 posters

Go down

Coils - Litz Wire Empty Coils - Litz Wire

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:32 pm

Do coiltek use Litz wire in their coils? which is better...nuggetfinder or coiltek? I'm talking 18 inch monos.

Back to top Go down

Coils - Litz Wire Empty Re: Coils - Litz Wire

Post  madmax800 Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:57 pm

18" NF Advantage .
Best 18 " IMOP
madmax800
madmax800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:02 pm

No, Minelabs Commander series and Nugget Finder are the only ones licenced to use Litz wire and apparently the new Advantage range use a new or different spec Litz wire.

Either way, be it Commander, Nugget Finder or Coiltek you cant go wrong. Half the time it comes down to personal preferences.
If you can hear it under your Coiltek 18" no doubt you'd hear it under a Nugget Finder 18"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:30 am

I don't think Litz wire is that much better anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:01 pm

The LITZ wire has a larger surface area so it's a desirable feature. Coiltek use their own wire and not the LITZ... yet their 'Goldstalker' coils perform very successfully. Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that the LITZ wire (which can be obtained from numerous sources) has been patented for use in metal detecting by Minelab and is used under license by NuggetFinder. The 18" 'Goldstalkers' have been a very successful coil. The equivalent in the Advantage coils is too new for feedback.

The new NuggetFider 'Advantage' coils are really close to the Coiltek 'Goldstalkers' in weight, shape and performance. However, the NF 'Advantage' coils are touted to be more robust, water sealed and more immune to EMI than anything else currently available (according to the talk from US based NF reps). Unfortunately, getting your hands on a NF Advantage right now is a hard thing to do.

I'm waiting for the weather to warm up here before testing a NF Advantage 24" Mono which has been sitting on my detector idly for nearly 3 months now. I believe JP was doing nicely with a 12" NF recently up North.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down