Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats your prospecting rig, 4x4, set ups and mods.

2 posters

Go down

whats your prospecting rig, 4x4, set ups and mods.  Empty whats your prospecting rig, 4x4, set ups and mods.

Post  broc113559 Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:52 pm

show off your setup here... I am soon to replace my 5 dr '90 Nissan Terrano with the same with less kms and hardship. As I swap good bits for not so good bits from A to B, I am interested in what others have done to make a better setup.. I am extremely happy with the Terrano as it has never failed me majorly. my old one has been a financial write-off thanks to skip then reborn. 4yrs on and the speedo no longer works, air cond comes n goes, left low beam light works when it wants to and wiring gremlins are setting in after many many corrigations. unfortunately I cannot post pictures this stage but presently is just stock until I start swapping.
I have a managed dual batt setup to swap which works great however I might change my accessories locations, UHF relocated somewhere else from under the seat, hard wired plugs in rear for my fridge, detector battery charger, two spare power supplies and add a high power terminal on the outside rear for my trailer. I will add extra gauges to monitor the batteries, in the front i need a better cab light for map reading. and I need to solder in some of my wiring in the engine bay where i used plugs this is because plugs are apparently a weak point. On the spare wheel rack I have ideas of a rear work light. Does anyone have any good simple but effective solar setups?

broc113559
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

whats your prospecting rig, 4x4, set ups and mods.  Empty Re: whats your prospecting rig, 4x4, set ups and mods.

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:31 pm

mate after reading ya story I might sell my toyota hj75 well body--has quite a few bits and pieces and 4 spare tyres--no winch...i dont go bush when its raining -thus I dont get bogged.
Air con
new 79 series radiator
dual batteries under bonnet
deep cycle in back
old trusty Engle fridge
uhf radio
am/fm/cd player
smart charger
120amp solar panel on roof
h/d bull bar
hella 4000 spotties
new h/d suspension
pull out awning -drivers side.
the list goes on...no electrical problems

Something for u 2 consider.

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

whats your prospecting rig, 4x4, set ups and mods.  Empty setup

Post  starry Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:02 am

F150 4x4 ,twin gas setup , but its still sitting in Sydney awaiting permit to get it to TAS as swb cruiser has been sold

gear in it or going in it most of the gear is sitting in the shed just waiting / been collecting for a while

dual battery setup with 90 a/h deep cycle
80 watt solar setup
ipf spotties
alloy bullbar / front 12,000 pound winch , chassis mounted
rear 6000 pound winch with removable cradle
slide on box style camper 2.1 l x 1.85 w x 1.3h , sleeps 2 has small cupboards and storage spaces / led interior and exterior lights/ can fit on tray or trailer depeding where going
side and rear awnings
33 x 12.5 tyres
12 volt fridge

cheers starry Smile who knows what else still working it out
starry
starry
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-08-02

http://tas-prospecting.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down