Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold near Newcastle?

3 posters

Go down

Gold near Newcastle? Empty Gold near Newcastle?

Post  mr-comfy Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:38 am

Hi guys I work 5 days a week and I will be going to Nundle a fair bit as it is only 3 hrs or so but i wanted to know is there and alluvial gold closer than Nundle? Is there anywhere at Barrington in small streams or the river itself? I will have my sluice on monday (Au Trap Angus MacKirk) What a Face I just want to get away for a day trip every now and again... Please help out with any info guys... I dont want to get rich but i wanna have fun.
mr-comfy
mr-comfy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Gold near Newcastle? Empty Re: Gold near Newcastle?

Post  Jigalong Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Mr. Comfy,

There was a lot of gold mines in the Barrington and Gloucester Tops area. See this post https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t7452-gloucester-nsw

Also somewhere on this site you can get a file which tells you where all the old gold mines of NSW were and it opens in Google Earth.

Good luck,

Jigalong
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  mr-comfy Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanx for the info mate but was looking for alluvial not detecting.. Just looking for a quiet stream creek or river to get the "itch" out lol
mr-comfy
mr-comfy
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Gold near Newcastle? Empty Re: Newcastle gold area

Post  goldfather Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:15 pm

mr-comfy wrote:Hi guys I work 5 days a week and I will be going to Nundle a fair bit as it is only 3 hrs or so but i wanted to know is there and alluvial gold closer than Nundle? Is there anywhere at Barrington in small streams or the river itself? I will have my sluice on monday (Au Trap Angus MacKirk) What a Face I just want to get away for a day trip every now and again... Please help out with any info guys... I dont want to get rich but i wanna have fun.

Mr Comfy I posted a location a few weeks ago about an area that looked promising that had a lot of old gold mines around. Check out some of the hills
in this area where the gullies would drop all their alluvial sediments. The river nearby will produce something for sure good luck
Try Here https://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee369/goldfather2/Goldfever/.

Goldfather
goldfather
goldfather
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Mr Comfy,
Those mines were usually found because prospectors found gold in the creeks and rivers flowing from them. You should be panning where those creeks where they hit the flat ground as they exit those valleys.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  mr-comfy Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:08 pm

thanx for the info will have a look at the ge tonight

Are you allowed to pan in a state forest?

mr-comfy
mr-comfy
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Ring up your nearest State Forest office - you can get a permit to detect - I guess it would be the same to go panning.
Jig
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down