yowies,yahoos or smart people as the indigenous call em, any accounts ?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

yowies,yahoos or smart people as the indigenous call em, any accounts ? Empty yowies,yahoos or smart people as the indigenous call em, any accounts ?

Post  sidneymelbs on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:16 pm

gday fellow enthusiasts, have any of you had any encountered or had any experiences with the hairy men?
sidneymelbs
sidneymelbs
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

yowies,yahoos or smart people as the indigenous call em, any accounts ? Empty Re: yowies,yahoos or smart people as the indigenous call em, any accounts ?

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Gday

Over the years I have heard stories from people that say that they have had encounters with hairy men, there are stories about encounters in the early days of settlement and that aboriginals in some areas know of them as well, so there seems to be some evidence to support that people have seen things that they cant explain.

Known also as yowies I know of one place east of Kalgoorlie known as Yowie rock, and have wondered whether it gets its name from such an encounter?

One time while detecting near Mulgabbie, I looked up and was taken back by the sight of a large hairy creature with horns standing under a tree and looking straight back at me, taken aback I froze on the spot, not knowing what I was looking at, and for all the world it appeared to me in that split second as a large hair covered man type creature, a second or two after that the big hairy billy goat who was as suprised to see me as I was him, dropped back to all fours and sauntered away into the bush.

He was standing on his back legs and trying to eat the low hanging leaves, once he noticed me he just stood there upright on his hind legs and looked at me, probably in shock and wondering what I was doing as well, that encounter quickly shook me back to reality, its amazing how many thoughts can race through your mind in split seconds when something you do not understand is encountered, so if you really did encounter a hairy man it would shake you thats for sure.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

yowies,yahoos or smart people as the indigenous call em, any accounts ? Empty Re: yowies,yahoos or smart people as the indigenous call em, any accounts ?

Post  bergs on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:50 pm

There's a lot hairy things happening in Terowie. I've encountered some, trust me!

Cheers bergs
bergs
bergs
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:02 pm

I dated a big hairy girl once

Back to top Go down

Post  bergs on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:06 pm

The Wife said there wouldn't be anything hairier than me.
bergs
bergs
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  shebabrock on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:08 pm

Yeah,my missus says she goes to bed each night with one!

shebabrock
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslugger on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:04 pm

:
sidneymelbs wrote:gday fellow enthusiasts, have any of you had any encountered or had any experiences with the hairy men?

Shocked EERRR NO, i tend to stay away from those places. Razz Razz Razz Cool
goldslugger
goldslugger
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2011-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslugger on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:07 pm

madtuna wrote:I dated a big hairy girl once

Embarassed YEH, I KNOW HER . Rolling Eyes Cool
goldslugger
goldslugger
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:23 pm

That could have been my ex-wife Shocked Shocked

wombat Wink

Wombat
Management

Number of posts : 4601
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:51 pm

I think most of them have moved to Sydney and opened Kebab Shops.
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:45 am

unruley pubes are a curse

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslugger on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:39 am

Harb wrote:I think most of them have moved to Sydney and opened Kebab Shops.
Laughing yeh, me and me two mates went into a shop there. they ordered a hamburger each, i got a chicko roll.we went in to the TAB shop next door. an hour later we came back to get our food.she said' the hamburgers are cold now, shall i warm them up? they said- ok, so she put both under each armpit. then she said -shall i warm up your chiko roll ? to which i replied, no thanks , i,m not hungry now. Shocked cheers Cool
goldslugger
goldslugger
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslugger on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:42 am

artrix wrote:

unruley pubes are a curse
FUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE? Rolling Eyes CHEERS Cool
goldslugger
goldslugger
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslugger on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:52 am

bergs wrote:There's a lot hairy things happening in Terowie. I've encountered some, trust me!

Cheers bergs
HI BERGS SURE DO. most are found in CANBERRA, ugly too. Twisted Evil they have been identified as POLITICUSPUBICUSUSELESSICUS. sir richard rabbitborough wants to document their mating habits. especially the male funnyasicus variety.
this feature length doco should run for 33 seconds. can't wait. Razz Razz Razz cheers Cool
goldslugger
goldslugger
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:00 am

BIRD MAN!!!

Where are You ?

Basketball

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslugger on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:09 am

DINGO wrote:BIRD MAN!!!

Where are You ?

Basketball

Laughing

DINGO, try TWIT-TER. Razz Cool
goldslugger
goldslugger
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  sidneymelbs on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:10 pm

thanx for your input guys and gals very funny, stayerau cheers for your account ive done alot of looking in regards to actual accounts and found a really good 6 part series on youtube called yowie witnesses part 1-6 very interesting check it out of a guy who lives in the blue mountains where 62 people had seen it ,all in very close proximity to each other living wise,im mainly trying to see what im going to have to be ready for while in the sticks .has anyone ever encountered the panther or puma that gets around orange?
sidneymelbs
sidneymelbs
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  pilbarachad on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:00 pm

Hey sidneymelbs,

I gotta say i am absolutaly fascinated by Yowie/Big cat sightings, cryptozoology and the like and have spent many many hours online reading up about it all.

As for big cat sightings it was only a few months ago on this very forum (i think??) that there was a thread about it that ran for a few weeks from memory.

Anyway im gonna have to have a look on youtube for this 6 part series you mentioned-there goes my sunday!

pilbarachad
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  sidneymelbs on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:51 pm

yeah pibara child ive uncovered heaps of accounts by some of my friends after telling them about the youtube vids ive watched ,a bricky im working with at the moment saw some footprints on the weekend down the south coast ,he was spewing he forgot the camera .anyways i now am having trouble sleeping thinking of gold and yowies ,i want to see one now .
sidneymelbs
sidneymelbs
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  sidneymelbs on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:53 pm

as ive found out too the panthers strentch across the country and lots of sightings and encounters ,same as the neanderthals(yowies)
sidneymelbs
sidneymelbs
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

yowies,yahoos or smart people as the indigenous call em, any accounts ? Empty panthers

Post  starry on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:43 am

Hi sidneymelbs , when was working in Qld in the Lockyer Valley area people I spoke to that lived at Blenheim up in the wild part of the valley all spoke of the panther there , even spoke to people who said they had actually seen it and they were for real , maybe some info on google re this one

Cheers Mick
starry
starry
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-08-02

http://tas-prospecting.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:53 am

We have our own Wild Hairy Man right here on this Forum.
He goes by the name of.........SOMEDAY lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:20 pm

yowies,yahoos or smart people as the indigenous call em, any accounts ? Yowiemovie

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Here we go again, bullpoopoo, bull#2's and more bulldoodoo, come on, let's hear it. You saw what?....aha, it was doing what?.... aha, how big was.. really, that big? colour?... red, fairdinkum, did you feel as if you were in danger?.... you did? you poor petal. How long have you been off your medication? ..... really, that friken long! geek jocolor drunken JFC!
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3679
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Watch out everybody! there's one of dem big drunken scary drunken cats drunken loose and causing mayhem in Somedays Avatar.

Someday, I've got to ask, why the tears?
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3679
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:11 pm

Not a Yowie or a big cat, But?

I remember a couple of years ago in Warrnambool VIC when I was about 17 or 18 I was riding the treddly home after working a bit late. It was after sunset and a full moon shining. As I rode down the hill towards home I glanced accross into the paddock on my left and saw this big bluish silvery cylinder shaped thing on three tripod like legs parked in the paddock on a low hill about 300 yds away where nothing had been that morning.

I stopped and looked harder and the hair on my neck stood up and I almost crapped myself as I decided I was looking at a bloody UFO that had landed in the neighbours back paddock.
It had a domed top and there was what looked like little people walking around the base and every now and again one would stoop down and pick something from the ground.....gathering samples for sure I thought.

I took off down the road to home, charged through the door roaring at mum n dad to come out and see the UFO in the paddock. well dad thought I was nuts but mum came outside and we both went over to the paddock, climbed through the fence and up to the top of a low rise and looked accross to where this thing was and sure enough there it was just sitting there all silver and blue and weird looking in the moonlight only now there was two bright red lights moving about and another yellow light shining in a cone shape accross the tops of the grass.
Mum froze and was shaking but we decided to get a bit closer. We crept through the tall grass untill we were about 50 yards from this UFO when we heard a low guttoral voice that said in English "Well that's about it then, let's get out of here" Well the two red lights and the yellow light disappeared and the UFO just sat there doing nuthing. Then almost in unison mum and I realised we were looking at a nice new shiney tank stand the the neighbour had just finished installing in his back paddock lol! No Sh...t it's true and just goes to show how your imagination can get the better of you on a spooky moonlit night. Very Happy

Last edited by Adrian ss on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:28 pm

shiraz wrote:Watch out everybody! there's one of dem big drunken scary drunken cats drunken loose and causing mayhem in Somedays Avatar.

Sad Sniff Sad Sniff. moy eyesight's dun a runner Sad Sniff, People offering to go out detecting wif me and day'l do du diggen, Sniff, Now I's been called a hairy man Sad Sniff Very Happy Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslugger on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:45 pm

someday wrote:
shiraz wrote:Watch out everybody! there's one of dem big drunken scary drunken cats drunken loose and causing mayhem in Somedays Avatar.

Sad Sniff Sad Sniff. moy eyesight's dun a runner Sad Sniff, People offering to go out detecting wif me and day'l do du diggen, Sniff, Now I's been called a hairy man Sad Sniff Very Happy Razz

Razz CHRIS, get a grip man. Rolling Eyes they are toadstools, not mushrooms. Suspect tonight is the start of the FULL MOON, please send pics of your metamorphisis affraid aaarrrooooooooooooooo. Twisted Evil Cool
goldslugger
goldslugger
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Arvo Gent's,

Admin...

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next