Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking at downgrading to a gp3500

+4
Kon61gold
AraratGold
Queenslander
yellowmellow
8 posters

Go down

Looking at downgrading to a gp3500 Empty Looking at downgrading to a gp3500

Post  yellowmellow Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:19 am

Hi all after unsuccessful try's at detecting with the 4500 iam thinking of reverting back to the trusty 3500.how do the 3500 go with mono coils cheers tim
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Looking at downgrading to a gp3500 Empty Re: Looking at downgrading to a gp3500

Post  Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:40 am

scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:42 am

a trusty 3500 with a mono over a 4500 am i missing something Question when was the 35 better than a 45 scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Queenslander Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:03 am

Eureka wrote:Hi all after unsuccessful try's at detecting with the 4500 iam thinking of reverting back to the trusty 3500.how do the 3500 go with mono coils cheers tim

WTF Exclamation Why would you do that Question You'd be going backwards, Minelab brought out the 4500 because it is supposed to be better and help you find more gold, just read there advertisments on each new model. So in my way of thinking you'd be crazy to do something like that, and you'd be losing money also Exclamation The machine is only 1 part of the gold prospecting experience, you need to do plenty of research and exploration and put the time into driving out to different locations seeing what the ground and country side is like for possible gold bearing ground. The gold isn't going to come to you Exclamation Research, Research and more Research, good luck out there and looking forward to seeing a picture of a gold nugget on this forum won with your 4500 and knowledge you have gained by doing your own research.

Bye.

Queenslander
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:56 am

Hi Tim,

We meet again,have you noticed hair growing on your left hand -on the inside!!!! fair go mate.

Here.s some very good advice, join a detecting club and learn from others as we know you are impaired to learn on your own, it's the only way for you to get a grip on this subject.

Some professionals have their favourite older machine because they know that it will do something that a newer model won't, same goes for coils, they have spent many hours out in the field testing and comparing and to make matters worse different areas will make things behave differently, so "horses for courses"

Instead of relying on others to do your dirty work how's about YOU getting off your hairy butt and do a lot of ground work for YOURSELF just so's you can catch up with the rest of us

As we all know you have been detecting for quite some time now, so's how about you show us some of your finds!!!!!, if you havn't got any, please join a club

Sincerely Ron
PS:Someone had to tell him

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:05 am

Agreed,

Tim, seriously mate, we have all given you some very good advice over a period of time, which you need to take on board.
Join a club, there are a number of them, or pay for a professional traing day.

Cheers,
Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:17 am

Tim is a member of the Ivanhoe Club and we all know gold is pretty hard to find for all of us these days, which is one of reasons why he is thinking of down grading to a 3500.

Unfortunately Tim also has other problems which I am at liberty not to discuss on this forum.

Tim I suggest that you don't downgrade unless you have to, for the 4500 is a much better detector than the 3500 and you will be quite disappointed if you do downgrade.

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:20 am

Hi Tim
If your are serious about downgrading I have a proposition for you, I have an SD2200d this detector is a proven gold finder it is easy to use no confussion over what setting to use as I think part of your troubles are that you have to many variables to choose from I am willing to do a clean swap for your 4500 & I will pay for you to do a training day or a tag along so you get as much advice hands on as you can take in, sorry but I think hands on training is the only way you are going to learn this hobby & be successful I hope you get the picture, your contiued post's along these lines are frustrating & also a little disapointing in the fact that most on here do try to help you but are you not getting the message.
I am 100% fair dinkum about this deal ( I have no real need to upgrade detectors ) but if your serious about a downgrade lets talk.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks for all of your replies i will keep my gpx4500 and do my own research from now on.

cheers,

eureka
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:35 am

Hi Tim
Good idea, how about you post up the complete sttings you use & with what coil type of ground you are working, tell us what you do when you are out detecting eg working the ridges, mullock heaps gullies or flats, then the guys on here with 4500's will be able to point you in the right direction, DO A TRAINING DAY is that a bit clearer, not being nasty just trying to get the point across.
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Wows's Tim Rolling Eyes
Apart from "you" doing the necessary research on locations.
I think rc62burke's suggestion of you posting your settings, coil, type of ground etc you try to detect, is a good idea! Don't feel embarrassed. If you saw where I've been using my Highbanker sluice, Now that's embarrassing! But yu gotta do what yu gotta do. Very Happy

Cheers
Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi Tim,
Have you got a detecting partner you go out with that is getting some good targets ?
Maybe if you follow him around for a day and see if you can hit on each target he detects to make sure you 4500 is actually working, and working well....

I can tell you some days I keep checking to make sure mine is turned on...hahaha.... I am pretty sure the threshold is there to give us assurance that the battery hasn't gone flat hahaha

It can be very frustrating if you have a dry spell.....keep going mate, the thing will sing soon !!
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:33 pm

It might be time for Minelab to bring out a Retro model one that looks like a old SD2000 but works like a 5000.

Back to top Go down

Post  bencld Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:04 pm

If you want a retro model it would be cheaper to buy some karke green paint and then ........
bencld
bencld
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Aw com on fellas ... I love my old SD2000 ... it's had three mods, so I call it my 'almost 4000' ... and I KNOW it's found its fair share of the magic yellow!! affraid

You've got to have your head in the right space
You've got to be comfortable and relaxed in quietly listening
You've got to walk over the right places, thus you have to have done some studying

That's a pretty good leveller sunny
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down