QLD EPM Law's

Go down

QLD EPM Law's Empty QLD EPM Law's

Post  rc62burke on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi All
I am posting this here for the benefit of all, there has been some debate on the West OZ forum about access to EPM's in QLD requireing permission from the EPM holder, I personnaly contacted the Mining Registrar in my area to confirm the law's the way I understood them, below is the email response I got

Good morning Lee.

An exploration permit (EP) does not affect your ability to enter land to fossick, as the holder of an EP is not considered to "occupy" land.

As stated in the Fossicking Act 1994:
Section 27 - Licencee must get permission to fossick on occupied land etc.
(1) A licencee must not fossick -
(a) on occupied land (other than a road reserve, designated fossicking land or a fossicking area) without the owners written permission; or
(b) on land to which a mining claim or mining lease applies without the claim or lease holder's written permission; or
(c) on land where a person may take quarry materials under a quarry materials permit without the permit holders written position. (a quarry materials permit is an agreement, licence, permit or other authority under the Forestry Act 1959 or an allocation of quarry material under the Water Act 2000)

For all of the above, "written permission" is the endorsement of your licence by the occupier of the land. Exploration permits are not included in the above list and so fossicking in the area of an EP is allowed with no permission from the holder of the EP required. Please note, permission from the land holder is still required. For your own safety, do not approach any area of current workings on an EP, a distance of at least 50 metres is strongly recommended.

Further information on fossicking is contained here:
http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/F/FossickingA94.pdf - Fossicking Act 1994
http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/F/FossickingR09.pdf - Fossicking Regulation 2009
http://mines.industry.qld.gov.au/mining/fossicking.htm - information on our website relating to fossicking

Other links which may be of use are:
http://mines.industry.qld.gov.au/geoscience/interactive-resource-tenure-maps.htm - the Interactive Resource and Tenure Map. This will let you identify where mining tenure and other items of interest are.
http://mines.industry.qld.gov.au/mining/mines-online-tenure-enquiry-reports.htm - You can access the public enquiry reports on mining tenure here, should you wish to contact tenure holders regarding permission to access.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. You can contact this office on 4761 5762.

Rebecca Youngberry
Deputy Mining Registrar
Mining and Petroleum Operations
Mines
Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation
27-43 Natal Downs Road, Charters Towers, QLD 4820
PO Box 62, Charters Towers Q 4820
T: 07 47615762
F: 07 47615760
Q: 32752
E: Rebecca.Youngberry@deedi.qld.gov.au
Customer Service Centre 13 25 23
www.mines.industry.qld.gov.au

Happy Prospecting QUEENSLANDERS
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

QLD EPM Law's Empty Re: QLD EPM Law's

Post  artrix on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:53 pm

And this all means ???

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi Atrix
This reason for this post was due to some people stating that in QLD to enter land covered by an EPM that written permission was required from the holder of that EPM they went as far as saying they would be dealt with by the courts if caught without permission, so basically what it all means is that the only permission required to enter land covered by an EPM is that of the land owner, very different to that required to enter a lease.
hope that clears it up for you
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldbait on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:16 pm

i wonder how many people out there are completely unaware how much ground is covered by EPM's. I was going to a place that is considered public land for well over a year later to find out there is an EPM on it. almost all of QLD is covered by these things.

It should be the onus on the EPM stake holder to display signs on any roads and entry points into that area detailing it is under an EPM. end of the day it isn't a lease.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:18 pm

rc62burke wrote:Hi Atrix
This reason for this post was due to some people stating that in QLD to enter land covered by an EPM that written permission was required from the holder of that EPM they went as far as saying they would be dealt with by the courts if caught without permission, so basically what it all means is that the only permission required to enter land covered by an EPM is that of the land owner, very different to that required to enter a lease.
hope that clears it up for you
Lee

Thanks mate

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:01 am

G'day Lee

I've moved this from general section, to the "General Prospecting Answers" "General Information" section so it wont get lost as time goes by.

cheers dave

Last edited by davsgold on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5817
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:44 am

reading this always makes me feel better Very Happy
I wish they just had a simple Oz wide Google earth map showing ALL CURRENT mining leases....that would make life a lot easier.
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

QLD EPM Law's Empty true but.

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:52 pm

true but as far as i know in queensland if you have the emp holders permission you do not need land holders permission.anyone tell me if im wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi Blisters
From what I understand you still need owners consent,espscially if you intend to camp as the epm does not give the right to set up camp.
I would double check.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

QLD EPM Law's Empty no worries

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:10 pm

will have to look into that one.as far as we knew with written permission from epm holder we had to send a letter to station owner regestered mail 14 days before going in to prospect for the purpose of supplying information back to the epm holder.of finds,river and creek samples rock chip samples ect.have to give station owner rough details of where you are going to be on the property and thats it,as far as we understood it.let me know if you think thats wrong lee.

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:11 pm

blisters wrote:will have to look into that one.as far as we knew with written permission from epm holder we had to send a letter to station owner regestered mail 14 days before going in to prospect for the purpose of supplying information back to the epm holder.of finds,river and creek samples rock chip samples ect.have to give station owner rough details of where you are going to be on the property and thats it,as far as we understood it.let me know if you think thats wrong lee.

Hi Blisters
You have raised an excellent point here I now need to do some research, if you are right it could have great potential to open up area's.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi Folks ,Hi Lee, Smile Sic!! em rex!!!! lol!.. one way or another there has to be a way to open up some of the vast areas of locked up land, supposedly belonging to the nation and its people (us) Rolling Eyes something is not quite right when law abiding responsible acting decent members of the public (us) are denied access to vast areas of wealthy squatters leased land and parks, in my opinion there are no insurmountable reasons why multiple concurrent use of resources could not be achieved without detrimental outcomes.

Are we Slaves!!! or Free Men?!!!!!!!...............Rant over................ Rolling Eyes
Regards
Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2400
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

QLD EPM Law's Empty hope it helps.

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:40 pm

i know and have approached emp holders permission to prospect on there behalf and know of prospectors that have requested alluvial leases on epm's because they are not interested in alluvial just hard rock and other minerals eg,copper,uranium,tin,baxuite,wolfrum,ectand have got perrmission to peg leases.eg bhp,and other big players.provided you can supply info on what you have found and where,makes there life easier as they dont have to pay geo's a fortune to do what we can do for FREE!!!!!!! some are even offering money for info is what ive heard!if thats right or wrong not sure but i know most aren't interested in alluvial cause now they carn't float companys on the aussie stock exchange with just alluvial.anyway i thought the free bit might catch your eye!lol one of the free! Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1097
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum