Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maxfynd Gold Detectors

+9
AlluvialRic
kon61
waznme
paulf
gcause
markHH64
Ash100456
toadskin
leftcliq
13 posters

Go down

Maxfynd Gold Detectors Empty Maxfynd Gold Detectors

Post  leftcliq Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:20 pm

Hello,
Great site you guys have, very informative. I'm new to metal detecting and was looking at ebay for a metal detector when I found this: (I can't post links)

The Viblan EpROX ROADRUNNER

Has anyone ever tried these before and do they work as claimed? Or is it just another ebay scam?

I was hoping to buy a SD2200D for gold detecting if I can get it past the missus. Have a borrowed Sovereign GT at the moment. Wanting to do panning around Ballarat too when I get the chance.

-Dale.

leftcliq
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-01-30

Back to top Go down

Maxfynd Gold Detectors Empty Re: Maxfynd Gold Detectors

Post  toadskin Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:30 pm

Ha ha! ROFLMAO Sorry Dale but that would have to be one of the funniest detector ads I have ever read.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Zoomcast-Binocam-Gold-plus-Viblan-Detector-maxFynd-/230734570341?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item35b8da2365#ht_9335wt_1312

I think it would be wise to give them a miss mate.

toadskin
toadskin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:37 pm

G'day Leftcliq, Suggest you rightcliq & delete that from your watching list. Check out what members of this great forum are using & you wont go wrong. I use a Sovereign GT for beach & relic detecting , Great detector for that but have never seriously tried golding with it.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  markHH64 Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:39 pm

you are right dale, its a scam. you may as well point ya old fella at the landscape as use that thing. you would get the same result!
markHH64
markHH64
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  toadskin Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:39 pm

Looking through the sellers feedback it seems he's sold at least 6 of these at $800+ !!!!
toadskin
toadskin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  toadskin Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Ahhhhh! Now we're talking! This would be much better Evil or Very Mad

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/maxFynd-Enigma-Metal-Detector-Gold-Silver-Cam-/230735098162?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item35b8e23132#ht_4186wt_1194
toadskin
toadskin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  leftcliq Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:06 pm

markHH64 wrote:you are right dale, its a scam. you may as well point ya old fella at the landscape as use that thing. you would get the same result!

Now thats funny!!! Very Happy Very Happy

It did sound to good to be true but thought I had better check with the experts first.

Thanks for your input guys,

-Dale.

leftcliq
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  gcause Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:12 pm

markHH64 wrote:you are right dale, its a scam. you may as well point ya old fella at the landscape as use that thing. you would get the same result!

Dang! You mean I spent months building my own metal detector when I had the right equipment at my disposal all the time and didn't know it!!! lol!
gcause
gcause
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  paulf Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:15 pm

toadskin wrote:Ahhhhh! Now we're talking! This would be much better Evil or Very Mad

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/maxFynd-Enigma-Metal-Detector-Gold-Silver-Cam-/230735098162?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item35b8e23132#ht_4186wt_1194

Same seller as the first piece of crap.

paulf
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  waznme Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:39 pm

gcause wrote:

Dang! You mean I spent months building my own metal detector when I had the right equipment at my disposal all the time and didn't know it!!! lol!

Your equipment was probably right at your fingertips Rolling Eyes

Waz
waznme
waznme
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  gcause Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:49 pm

I know it was definitely home made and it comes with all the attachments lol!
gcause
gcause
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  toadskin Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Really Dale, your on the right track looking at the Minelab gear. If you can stretch the dollars go for a GP Extreme at the minimum if you can. Better a 3500 or 4000.

If you can't, an Sd2200 will find you gold. The best model of the SD 2200's I'm sure others here can point you in the right direction.
toadskin
toadskin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  leftcliq Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:27 pm

toadskin wrote:Really Dale, your on the right track looking at the Minelab gear. If you can stretch the dollars go for a GP Extreme at the minimum if you can. Better a 3500 or 4000.

If you can't, an Sd2200 will find you gold. The best model of the SD 2200's I'm sure others here can point you in the right direction.

Hi Toadskin,

Thanks for that. It'll be mainly used for gold detecting. Just have to see how much I can spare. I saw a SD2200D on ebay for $1500 and I thought this wa a good buy. I'll have a look around for a GP Extreme though.

There's alot of characters on this site - good to see Smile

Thanks for your advice.
-Dale.

leftcliq
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:42 pm

G'day Dale. Welcome to the Forum.

MaxFynd Gold Detectors.Hmmm.Lets cut it short hey?The Name itself must be in code.Aha,I've got it.Translated it clearly states, see if you could "Fynd Max" once his done you for your doe.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  AlluvialRic Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:30 am

MaxFynd and also Viblan and a few others are all our old shonky scamming mate Vincent Blanes AKA Rangertell

Anything this bloke sells under any of his "brand names" and Aliases is nothing more than useless garbage.

I will certainly give him credit for imagination and being able to glue bit and pieces of cheap junk together and con people into believing it is gold finding equipment Evil or Very Mad Laughing What a Face What a Face clown clown

Cheers Ric
AlluvialRic
AlluvialRic
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-07-16

http://alluvialgprospectors.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Back to top Go down

Post  evan2010 Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:58 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers Cheers Evan
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:10 am

leftcliq wrote:Hello,
Great site you guys have, very informative. I'm new to metal detecting and was looking at ebay for a metal detector when I found this: (I can't post links)

The Viblan EpROX ROADRUNNER

Has anyone ever tried these before and do they work as claimed? Or is it just another ebay scam?

I was hoping to buy a SD2200D for gold detecting if I can get it past the missus. Have a borrowed Sovereign GT at the moment. Wanting to do panning around Ballarat too when I get the chance.

-Dale.

Gday Dale

I have no idea why this bloke has been able to get away with this sort of thing for as long as he has, why he has not been tarred and feathered by some of his buyers completely alludes me as well, maybe most are simply too embarrassed to admit they bought some of his crazy gizmo's.

Anyway the only real way to get gold is to walk the ground with a good detector, save your money and buy something made for the job, an sd2200d would be a good place for you to start, lots of accessory items are also available at reasonable prices say from ebay or detector shops to suit this machine too.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Maxfynd Gold Detectors Empty Never Ceases to Amaze Me

Post  Petrovic Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:10 am

Acch!Mad  Was just reading about ppl knocking things they haven't tried on another forum when I read this old post. It's not logical or polite to appraise a detector of any kind if you haven't given it a run the guy said. Yeah!! I totally agree!Very Happy 

Why do ppl insist on doing this all the time? The reason anyone has been on ebay for any number of years should be obvious from his feedback. They must work! That's why he's gotten away with it for chrissakes! Do you know how hard it is to keep an item on ebay if it's not legit? The site anyway (maxfynd) has a truth test thingy in the Testimonials.

So if you like thinking outside the box go for it. Why do you have to be 1.5 feet from the target all the time??  Laughing 

I've done it often & I''m glad! Particularly when everyone seems to find flyshit & hasn't got the time to experiment. Haven't found much but I know a bull from a milker. What a Face 

Petro

Petrovic

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:50 am

That's a very interesting viewpoint Petrovic, so what you're saying in a nutshell, is you think people should go and "spend" their hard earned cash to buy this "detector(?)" and give it a go without asking any questions as to whether their cash is being spent on something with some merit or on something that is possibly, a total piece of crap. I myself go by word of mouth as to whether a piece of equipment is worthy of my "very hard earned" dollars before I cough them out willy nilly, and as yet, I have not heard any of what I call, creditable statements as to their worthiness, hence I myself would not be going out in a hurry and spending any of my dollars on an expensive piece of crap. Maybe our minds might change if you spend your dollars on buying one and then do the testing and then give us your report as to whether they are any good? A slight concern that I have, and there may be a good reason for it, but as you're listed as being in California and you are actually in NSW, I would also suggest that if you do go down this path, you also take along a recognised member of the forum for this testing, as their word and their credibility may carry slightly more weight than yours.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:26 pm

The people who palm these LRls onto the gullible public are among the lowest morinic cretins on planet earth.
They care zip about the fact that they know the so called long range detectors do not do the things that they say they can do, or the fact that desperate people with little money to waste can be easily influenced to purchase one of these pieces of umitigated rubbish by using spiel and flashy advertising..

I might suggest that there is an opportunity to find Lassetters reef by using one of these LRLs and yet, the reef remains  lost to human eyes.
How many Geologists are out in the mineral fields using a Maxfynd......(Plenty have a GPX 5000 or other proven metal detector in their kit) Feel free to say who you are and how much success have you had with the Maxfynd and show proof of your finds with this instrument.

It is a simple matter to demonstrate that Garrett, Minelab, Fisher, Whites and other high profile Induction balance and Pulse Induction metal detectors work as do Ion detectors and XRF units (Cost thousands of dollars but are very short range only) but not so the Maxfynd and other similar LRLs. ......These detectors seem to rely mainly on BS, advertising, spiel and a good dose of gullibility  for their functionallity.

Back to top Go down

Post  trashmagnet Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:35 pm

Petrovic wrote:Acch!Mad  Was just reading about ppl knocking things they haven't tried on another forum when I read this old post. It's not logical or polite to appraise a detector of any kind if you haven't given it a run the guy said. Yeah!! I totally agree!Very Happy 

Why do ppl insist on doing this all the time? The reason anyone has been on ebay for any number of years should be obvious from his feedback. They must work! That's why he's gotten away with it for chrissakes! Do you know how hard it is to keep an item on ebay if it's not legit? The site anyway (maxfynd) has a truth test thingy in the Testimonials.

So if you like thinking outside the box go for it. Why do you have to be 1.5 feet from the target all the time??  Laughing 

I've done it often & I''m glad! Particularly when everyone seems to find flyshit & hasn't got the time to experiment. Haven't found much but I know a bull from a milker. What a Face 

Petro

hi Vincent
long time no talk, still around huh
gotta give credit were credit is due... your a stayer Razz 
cheerio tm

trashmagnet
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Petrovic wrote:Acch!Mad  Was just reading about ppl knocking things they haven't tried on another forum when I read this old post. It's not logical or polite to appraise a detector of any kind if you haven't given it a run the guy said. Yeah!! I totally agree!Very Happy 

Petro

Hi Petro,   Q28    T04   T05  Q24 Q24 Q24 Q24

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum