Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Nuggets and Bigger Friends

+7
CostasDee
chopppacalamari
Harb
piston broke
flyspecks
HOBO'S Gold
kon61
11 posters

Go down

Big Nuggets and Bigger Friends Empty Big Nuggets and Bigger Friends

Post  Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:45 pm

There has been a lot of excitement concerning the two multi ounce finds recently...Well i introduced gullyhunter to this area that i was working together along with a few of my detecting mates... Now it was unfortunate that Glen unwittingly was overheard on the video talking about the location details...as he never intended that and thought he was far enough away for audio pick up.

So as has been said the videos were posted on this forum to inspire other members of the very desirable larger gold that you can find with the right skills and persistence.I met Glen down on the patch yesterday whilst detecting,and he expressed how annoyed with himself he was.Well i told him not to worry about it or about some of the derogatory comments that were made at his expense.

I like many others here would like very much to see Glen active again on this forum,as he has much to offer and has shared his knowledge generously,and is an inspiration on how he goes about his detecting...So PLEASE can we get back to making positive comments,and to enjoying what we can achieve through sharing knowledge.

cheers So i hope to see you posting sometime soon gullyhunter as do many others.

Cheers
Bill

Back to top Go down

Big Nuggets and Bigger Friends Empty Re: Big Nuggets and Bigger Friends

Post  Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Hey Glen,
Don't know you but might cross the path one day in GT.
Heard only good things about you and enjoy your videos on you tube.You are top bloke.
Would love to see your contributions, videos and pictures again. Very Happy
As for negative comments usually they comes from jealous people.
As new in the game need more experience guys for advises.
GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:45 pm

G'day Bill.

Very unfortunate incident and although some minor mistakes were made by members,including Glen himself, Its not the end of the world.We live and learn every day,so lets just put it all behind us and move on I say. When ever Glen feels ready to rejoin us,he knows hes welcome back any time.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Well said Bill cheers Here is a vid. "The Gully hunter in action" from yesterday
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi Bill ,

Thanks so much for your understanding & encouragement , it certainly was a bonus to bump into you out there yesterday Smile .
Just to briefly clarify what happened & why i left so that we can move forward from here:
As most of you are aware , i posted a vid of the 5 oz find & failed to check it propery hence locations were heard in the back ground as i was explaining to one of the lads in our group where we were as he was just down the road a bit but couldnt find us . ( Did not blame anyone else but myself ) .
The thing that really got me going was that the certain posters ( 2 of them in my eyes ) made a big thing out of it & completely missed the point about the excitement of unearthing a 5 oz bit ... which doesnt happen happen every day in the triangle .
Rather than throw abuse or make any comments on this great forum that i may regret ( so easy to do sitting in front of a computer ) I chose to leave & gather myself for a while .
This silly mistake i made showed me how easy something so important can slip through your fingers . I carry myself & everything i stand for from " The Old School " ... Hence - Its fine to make a mistake as long as we learn from that mistake . I meant no disrespect to Bill or anyone else .. So for those who wanted to point the finger & have a laugh about it - why did you have to get the rest of the forum members involved - shouldnt have happened in my opinion . ( Could have sorted it out through a pm or something like that Wink
It`s called RESPECT !!!
So now that i am over it , it is time to move onwards & upwards bounce bounce

Just one more thing before we get right into the Gold ,,,,
A massive thanks from management , the moderators & the individual prospectors that forwarded there support ... Thanks heaps fellas Smile

May 2012 be the year of big finds for all ..... DREAM BIG , DREAM OFTEN

Regards
Gully Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Ooohhrrr the excitement of unearthing the unimaginable,raises some goose bumps there Johnny.Once again,nice find by Gully hunter.

Thanks for sharing that one. Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:21 pm

good to see you back GH Very Happy
cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:24 pm

G'day Gully Hunter

Its great to see you back mate, and you are a really welcome here again, we all certainly enjoy watching your videos from way back to recent times.

And that was a great find mate and well done to you and the other blokes that were with you when the big nuggets were found.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:30 pm

hey hobo, thats a great vid sport. glad to see that gh in action again..... cheers Smile Smile
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:33 pm

that's awesome to see you back posting mate cheers cheers cheers
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Mate that has made my weekend. No not the Gold, you being back cheers cheers cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Welcome back Glenn. I'm glad you reconsidered and returned. Don't worry about what was said by a small minority as you have the last laugh, "you found a 2oz nugget and not them" Laughing Laughing So welcome again mate and looking forward to many more Vid's Smile

Wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:17 pm

GH don't feel bad about it, I edit for a living and wish I could claim to have never made a mistake........

Video aside I will tell you a story....totally true.

A friend of mine worked for a local paper as the staff Photographer and was told to cover the local football grand final.
He was a really good Photog, and caught some amazing shots on the try lines........anyway, long story short...the local Team won the grand final and the town was on a high.....
Next morning the local paper hit the news stands with a full page photo of one of the local players plastered across the front page.......he was just about to take a slide for the try line with about 3 or 4 of the other team ahold of him trying to bring him down.....a fantastic photo.....real "in there" action shot.
The problem was, no one in the chain from Photograper to proof reader had noticed the champion player had his ......for want of a better word......"donger" hanging out in full view of the reading public.
The trouble with news print is once it hits the stands, its to late to do anything.......I wonder how many people made complaints hahahaha true srtory.

Anyway My point is, we all make mistakes, and life just goes on to the next one !!

Cheers
John
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Good to see ya back GH.

Any chance you can put music onto your vid and re post it somewhere so those of us that missed it can share some of the magic?????

Cheers. Dicko.
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:55 pm

Simply....
welcome back Glen, it's good to have you back
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  gcause Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Welcome back Gully Hunter!!! Very Happy

Lifes too short, so go for gold!!! Very Happy
gcause
gcause
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Big Nuggets and Bigger Friends Empty Big Nuggets and Bigger Friends

Post  Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Now that`s more like it cheers Really great to see gullyhunter onto a nice nugget yet again and a terrific dig too Smile Good shooting there johnny,you brought us right in close to the action.Ahh the sound of the pick biting through gravels and clay,and a nugget at the bottom...doesn`t get better than that Smile

Welcome back Glen.
Cheers
Bill

Back to top Go down

Post  bedrock Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:36 am

good to see a happy ending to an exciting and out of control story.
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 pm

To Glenn,

Great to have you back Bro.

Keep in touch

Pete
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Big Nuggets and Bigger Friends Empty Hi Neale from Biloela Queensland

Post  shelby23 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi
My wife and myself are gald to see you return.
Regards Neale

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down