Revenge !!!

Go down

Revenge !!! Empty Revenge !!!

Post  lkyphl on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:16 pm

A while back I was detecting away, minding my own business, when an inchman bullant locked on to the webbing between a couple of my fingers ; man, that got my attention ! Shocked

Since then, whenever the pick brings 'em out of their holes, I've taken some pleasure in "raising their stress levels", in response to the previous unprovoked attack.

On Friday I dug a piece of gold, and some inchmen seemed to think it belonged to them ; they were most unimpressed, so I naturally stirred a few of them up a little.

the jungle drums must have sounded ....

15 minutes and 100 metres later, YEEOOOWWW affraid affraid affraid - you've never seen a gaiter come off so fast ! A bloody inchman extracting revenge ; I might have even uttered an expletive.

30 seconds later, YEEEOOOOWWW Shocked affraid affraid affraid affraid - off comes the other gaiter to reveal a spider latched on !

Two days later, do you reckon the bites aren't itchy !!!

I have to decide whether to declare a truce or declare war ....

Phil
lkyphl
lkyphl
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2010-10-22

Back to top Go down

Revenge !!! Empty Re: Revenge !!!

Post  nero_design on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:53 pm

A friend of mine used to call them "Gold Ants" because he seemed to think they were defending the gold in the ground.

I've been slowly planning my own revenge on a particular nest that got me about three years ago. Have already acquired the mini-remote controlled bulldozer to use as a delivery device. Will be attaching a camera and a "payload" to the miniature vehicle after trying to come up with a novel way to destroy them.

Like you, I was bitten on the leg when one climbed up the inside of my jeans. The venom in the sting was so powerful that my kidneys were aching for about two days.

I can find no references to this in any literature (and I have looked hard) but the early Gold Prospectors of the 1800's must have used boiling water to destroy those ants in their nests.

Watch out for the pranksters who drop a .22 lead slug down the nest hole on quite a few of the goldfields. When you start to try and dig the appealing sounding target with your pick, they'll come out to get you.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2017
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  byronbinalong on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:16 pm

we had a meat ants nest right where my then 1 yr old liked to play No .... 4 holes and 1.5 litres of petrol later ... 1 Whoomp affraid ,lifted the whole nest 100mm and never had hassles since
byronbinalong
byronbinalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:47 pm

I had a nest in a garden bed and it had to go. So I walked carefully up to the nest and poured half a litre of Premium Unleaded on it. End of problem. Very Happy Very Happy I didn't set it alight (nice idea though) as the nest was now too contaminated for them to stay anyway. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1562
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:40 pm

another good way to get rid off ants is to find a nice nest and collect a heap take them to the nest you wont gone and let them go, and sit back and watch. they will fight and they will kill until there's none left.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Ouch!!!!

These have saved me from ant attack on a number of occasions..Well at least they can't get up ya inner pants to those tender spots affraid

Revenge !!! IMG_3500

Revenge !!! IMG_3499

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Buddhism's core beliefs
Do not kill. This is sometimes translated as "not harming" or an absence of violence.
Samudaya: There is a cause for suffering. (It is the desire to have and control things. It can take many forms; the desire for fame; the desire to avoid unpleasant sensations, like fear, anger or jealousy.)

Having been bitten twice by over 1 inch long bull ants and luckily not being a Buddhist
I find metho down the bull ant holes round my farm house works wonders . The other ingredient you need is a Bic lighter.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3679
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:51 pm

I had a big mounded bull ant nest in the front garden and I just got some of that ant sand poison stuff for meat ants you buy at the supermarket. On teaspoon killed the nest very quickly.The Ant-Rid liquid works brilliantly in my house for sugar ants gets rid of them in under 24 hours. If in doubt about the type of ants, I put a bit of both down.

The exploding petrol sounds like a lot of fun though and deeply satisfying too I think.

I have been attacked by those crazy ants many times in the Triangle (geographically speaking), but I have been too quick for them so far.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Phil. try to negotiate a deal with the buggers, Bring out the Gold, "or" and you little guys don't want that, now do you! Who's a good bullant then, good boy!
Now get back in that hole and bring out more?

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Someday."...If only you could
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:10 pm

lol! The ant whisperer Very Happy Income potential "Right or wrong" Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  detecta2 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:33 am

when its too late,you cant beat an instant disposable ice pack

detecta2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Darylr on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:45 am

I always used lighter fluid down the hole, wait a couple of minutes and the a match. The ground would errupt affraid and no more ants. Very satisfying. cheers

I was at a BBQ at the weekend and a little girl was bitten. Someone came out with a freshly cut onion and applied it to the sting and in a short time she was back playing as if nothing had happened.

Just carry a fresh onion in your bag when detecting. And if you get hungry you have a snack. Smile

regards

Darylr
Darylr
Darylr
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Revenge !!! Empty Revenge

Post  G.K. on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:34 pm

If you want to get rid of the itch, use "Rid" insect repellant.
If you want to burn the nest I would strongly recommend diease rather than petrol- it is far less instantly flammable thereby reducing the chance of burning yourself as well as the ants.

G.K.
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  byronbinalong on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:07 pm

G.K. wrote:If you want to get rid of the itch, use "Rid" insect repellant.
If you want to burn the nest I would strongly recommend diease rather than petrol- it is far less instantly flammable thereby reducing the chance of burning yourself as well as the ants.
I assume you meant diesel? ... harder to light and NO WHERE near as much FUN What a Face What a Face
byronbinalong
byronbinalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:57 pm

Yeh yeh Boys, it don't matter how many ways you find to try to get rid of them, there's always a new colony of ants to be found every few meters away.It's only a matter of time before where caught off guard and nipped on th b*m. We can't win I tell ya.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4995
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Darylr on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Bl****dy Bull Ants,

Got me again affraid affraid affraid

Walked through the front garden in my crocs and they got me on the heel. A new nest that I didn't find until I got bit.

They have now gone to the bullant in the sky or where ever bullants go with a can of surface spray down their hole

regards

Darylr
Darylr
Darylr
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:58 pm

If you have a nugget close by and like to dig it out before they bite you then pour baby power around the hole and they will not go thought it Very Happy

Go to the $2 shops and buy the cheap stuff and keep it in your car, In my early days that is all we use while swagging it out pigging just put it around your swag or tent to stop all from climing in.
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1097
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Revenge !!! Empty Re-revenge!!!

Post  Guest on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:02 am

Just reading this thread, brought back my memory of when my mate Dave and I went detecting north of Amherst about 10 years ago, we were detecting around an area where the old timers had trenched out a reef we were getting some nice nuggets and species, it was getting close to knock off time so were heading back to the vehicle next thing there's Dave doing this funny dance and trying to rip his pants off, yes he had one of those bl***y inch ants biting him around his groin area, I couldn't help myself I started to laugh, but not for long as you guessed it one of those ba****ds got me as well then I started doing the dance as well, Mad Mad Sad well at least we did get some gold was a bit paifull though.

Cheers

Mike.

Back to top Go down