Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Gold in them thar hills"..........

+6
piston broke
flyspecks
Hey presto
deutran
Ash100456
kon61
10 posters

Go down

"Gold in them thar hills"..........  Empty "Gold in them thar hills"..........

Post  kon61 Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:57 pm

G'day fellow prospectors.

For all those who have spat the dummy and lost all faith & hope here in Victoria, here's a few bits of gold, found on a recent trip to the Golden Triangle, on an undulated, shallow, clay laden hillside, produced around an ounce of reef gold. The reef gold in question is the second last photo from the bottom, followed by the smooth water-warn 92 grammer (bottom last picture). The rest of the pictures were found at other times, in other areas within the Golden Triangle, but were thrown in as eye candy. The smoother water worn 2.5 grammer on the top far left in reef gold picture, was found on the bank of a narrow gully near by. As for the 92 gram water worn slug of gold found just before Christmas (approx 18 inches deep) trapped in a pocket of clay between slate bars, on a highly mineralized rocky section of a bedded gully, again in the heart of the Golden Triangle. Well, all I can say is that, regardless of the type of PI detector one uses & after all the home work is done on an area and your quite confident in your machines capabilities, scanning the ground carefully and methodically will most certainly increase your chances of lobbing on to gold.

Cheers kon61.
[url="Gold in them thar hills"..........  01211]
[url="Gold in them thar hills"..........  00611]
"Gold in them thar hills"..........  <a href="Gold in them thar hills"..........  00111" />
[url="Gold in them thar hills"..........  01410]
"Gold in them thar hills"..........  <a href="Gold in them thar hills"..........  Dscn0310" />
[url="Gold in them thar hills"..........  02510]
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

"Gold in them thar hills"..........  Empty Re: "Gold in them thar hills"..........

Post  Ash100456 Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 pm

Nice, Very Nice !
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

"Gold in them thar hills"..........  Empty Re: "Gold in them thar hills"..........

Post  deutran Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:12 pm

Thats excellent,great work and well deserved.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:30 am

very nice pieces there mate
good stuff Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:16 am

Great advice Kon - Very nice finds and I agree >>> Never give up Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks for sharing
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:49 am

Very nice gold Kon61, love the 92gmer, and yes I have to agree about getting to know your machine properly as this is half the battle in finding gold. Research is the other half.
Wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

"Gold in them thar hills"..........  Empty Re: "Gold in them thar hills"...

Post  Hey presto Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:37 am

Well done kon61! Great result. Nice pics too. Thanks for the advice and sharing.
Hey presto
Hey presto
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:02 am

CRIKEY...... thats a ripper find.... i bet you smiled all day after that one .... cheers Smile
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Great work Koni 61 Very Happy Very Happy , I bet there is a bit more still to be found. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  arthur2 Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:46 pm

Very nice kon61

Is there specks of quartz in the 92 grammer Laughing
arthur2
arthur2
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:02 pm

G'day Arthur2

No specs of ironstone or quartz in that 92 grammer.Clean as a whistle.The photo doesn't do it justice.The tiny freckled looking spots that you think your seeing on it are minute,clean little depressions or cavities.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  flying kiwi Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:21 pm

yep verrrry nice.............. Cool

thanks for shareing
flying kiwi
flying kiwi
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2011-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  bedrock Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:17 am

Hi kon....kongratulatioons!
very inspiring to read and see and
I bet even more to hold them Smile.
Goes to show that homework can
pay dividends. Hope there are more
out there with your name on it.
cheers
bedrock
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

"Gold in them thar hills"..........  Empty Gold in them thar hills

Post  Guest Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:15 am

Fantastic finds Kon cheers cheers cheers You are very adept at finding those bigger nuggets Smile great skills, well done.I presume you had the 18 inch coil on?

Cheers
Bill

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:28 pm

G'day Bill.

Considering I work mostly over very hot ground conditions(you know,where others would spit the dummy digging out hot rocks or false signals etc),It be easy for me to tell people that yeah,it was an 18,20 inch or above size mono on a GPX5000 but this would be so far from the truth.The nugget and the 2.5 grammer, were found with an SD2200d coupled to a 12x15 inch Commander DD coil.Not saying that the 4500 or the 5000 wouldn't have picked them up with a medium or large mono,but under these very hot ground conditions,the old 2200 coupled to Commander DD coils,just seems to cruise silently over this type of ground.That's why its important to understand that; "No matter what pulse machine you use,understanding your machine/coils capabilities over a particular type of ground(leaving little or no doubt in your head as to what its capable of over that type of ground),can only bring you one step closer to success.The rest I contribute to Technique verses angle of the dangle(the direction the operator works that coil in amongst or over a particular area paying attention to faint signals).
As for bedrock saying that "Hope there are more nuggets in this area with my name on it",well,If people only knew what where walking over and leaving behind at just a few inches extra depth,making nuggets out of reach to most machine/coil combinations,is a joke.This I contribute to the current limited ground handling technology.

Cheers kon61.

kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

"Gold in them thar hills"..........  Empty Gold in them thar hills

Post  Guest Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Thanks Kon for those valuable insights into your approach to success in difficult ground conditions..much appreciated,and gets one thinking.

Cheers
Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:21 am

study scratch cheers sunny drunken drunken Sleep
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down