Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any other detectorists out here in Bathurst ?

+2
goldrocs
mullockgrubber
6 posters

Go down

Any other detectorists out here in Bathurst ? Empty Any other detectorists out here in Bathurst ?

Post  mullockgrubber Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi all, located in Bathurst N.S.W and wondering any other gold chasers out in these parts. Know a few of the old gold mining areas in Sunny Corner Forest which I live by, so if anyone out this way would like to meet up and share a bit of time just drop me a pm anytime.

Cheers, Nick
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Any other detectorists out here in Bathurst ? Empty Re: Any other detectorists out here in Bathurst ?

Post  Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:10 pm

G'day mullockgrubber & welcome to the forum

Yes there are a few of us out in the centeral west of NSW, sometimes detecting on our own and sometimes getting together for a bit of an outing. Good luck and may see you out in the fields one day.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Any other detectorists out here in Bathurst ? Empty Re: Any other detectorists out here in Bathurst ?

Post  mullockgrubber Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:40 am

Hi Dave, yes thought there must be a few about as have seen dig holes here and there. Hope one day to see you about and have a yarn.

Cheers
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:14 am

Gday Mullockgrubber,
I normally get out there once in a while when `She who must be obeyed` gives the thumbs up.
Might see you out there sooner or later.
I know a large section of crown land near Hill End that will need about 5-10 detectors over it to find a new patch. ANYONE KEEN Question Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Any other detectorists out here in Bathurst ? Empty out bathurst way

Post  Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:20 pm

hiya , mark the newbie here , sydney based but i love the sofala area , ill , give notice prior to spending time up that way , will be good to chat and meet with other enthusiast ( shocking speller am i lol ) . thanks for your post Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post  goldrocs Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Hey, mullockgrubber..
I'm living out rydal way just got myself an xt17000 minelab
will be going out to tuena to give it a go,
newbie to detecting need all the help i can get............ affraid affraid
cheers Dave
goldrocs
goldrocs
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  mullockgrubber Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:52 pm

My thanks to all those for their welcomes and it looks like there will be plenty to do. Hill End is a good place to go and as mentioned there are a few interesting spots around the Sunny Corner area as well.
Xmas is upon us with going away for family festivities so after Boxing Day when I get back will start contacting people and organise a few outings.

Again thanks, Cheers for Xmas and will keep in touch, Nick
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Idigem Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi there mullock
I am in blackheath and get out your way quite a bit. I used to live at Tuena and had some very good
times in the creek, still plenty of yellow there if you know where to look. I would also like to meet up with
some other members from out this way.
Cheers Peter

Idigem
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoffs Gold Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Gus wrote:Gday Mullockgrubber,
I normally get out there once in a while when `She who must be obeyed` gives the thumbs up.
I know a large section of crown land near Hill End that will need about 5-10 detectors over it to find a new patch. ANYONE KEEN Question Very Happy

Welcome to the forum mullockgrubber cheers cheers
And Gus count me in Cool
Cheers Hoff,
Hoffs Gold
Hoffs Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-04-26

http://www.thebeardedprospectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Hoffs Gold wrote:
Gus wrote:Gday Mullockgrubber,

Welcome to the forum mullockgrubber cheers cheers
And Gus count me in Cool
Cheers Hoff,

No worries Hoffs,I`ll put you down for the first big nugget Wink
Hoffs and I are heading out to a location on sunday that has produced over 3 ounces for a lucky local detectorist in the past couple of months.He couldnt have got it all as the place is Junk city.
Bring your Trash digging hat Mate,and lets hope the Gold Gods smile on us for Xmas santa

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi Nick. I live near Oberon and get out with a few other members in the Central West region. As dave mentioned we do get together occassionally. Hill End is a good summer spot to have a detect and a chat with friends. We are a hardy group out here detecting for crumbs on the poormans goldfields of the central west. Most people know its no worth travelling to the region if they want good gold and leave us locals alone to fight over the few flyspeck nuggets left in the ground.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mullockgrubber Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi Tributer, its good to catch up with other locals in the area. Would like to meet up sometime once the Christmas festivities are over would be the best I think.

So thanks for the note and will kick things of in the new year.

Cheers,
Mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Keep digg'n Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:25 am

Hey Mullockgrubber, I too would be keen to catch up with some people with similar interests, man I've been out to Sofala several times and Hillend and haven't found a bloody thing Rolling Eyes Embarassed I have a minelab X-terra 705 now but have a Garrett At pro also and I'm getting fustraited, to be honest I think Sofala has had the eyes picked out of it.. Suspect So really I need some pointers and a bit of a guiding hand Very Happy Oh I live in the Blue Mountains so sorta close..
Cheers Dave. Wink

Keep digg'n
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down