Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideal Headphones?

2 posters

Go down

Ideal Headphones? Empty Ideal Headphones?

Post  thebug Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi everyone, just came aboard today, looking for some help on choosing a suitable set of headphones for a Fisher Gold Bug 2 which is arriving next week, don't know much about headphones, do they have to be a detector recommended brand and not your Sennheiser, Sony as such? I don't want to start spending too much on headphones, can I get away with say a $50 pair? If anybody has this detector I would to hear what headphones you would recommend, thanks all.

thebug
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-12-10

Back to top Go down

Ideal Headphones? Empty Re: Ideal Headphones?

Post  kon61 Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:02 pm

G'day thebug. Welcome to the forum.

Any brand of headset from 32 to 52 Ohm will give you more than adequate clarity sound characteristics for the GB2,keeping in mind that the the higher the price tag,the clearer,sharper and better the sound acoustics will be.The alternative is to go past Jay Car Electronics and pick up a pair of 32 ohm stereo Hi-Fi open cuff,Straight off the rack for less than $20.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Ideal Headphones? Empty Hello Kon61

Post  thebug Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi Kon61, thanks for the reply and advice nice to be on the forum, I was beginning to think that it was a silly question to ask, have been a little busy lately to go any further with it, but will look into your advice in the coming weeks, I love reading all the articles and the members finds, its amazing how much gold is still out there, and how helpful everyone is, this is hopefully just a little hobby when I go fishing but I know how addictive it can get once you find your first nugget.
I really hope to get into it in the next few weeks, just need to do a little more research in the areas I plan to visit, so here's hoping my next post will be in the members finds, we can only hope, thanks again on the advice hope to chat again.

thebug Very Happy

thebug
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-12-10

Back to top Go down